"CSI Down" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Nice vid! Thanks for posting Fang!! :bolian:

Has anybody here joined CBS Express? Is it worth signing up?
    Do we get the pics bigger or something, no watermarks, etc?

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

You have to be a member of the press to sign up. :)

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Having done a bit of research on those holsters recently, Morgan must not have had her gun secured in it. My brother used to wear his that way so he could get to it quicker, but no one ever dared try to take his from him. Not sure it was such a smart move for her to keep hers unlocked like that.

As for Greg getting so angry, maybe he has something invested in this besides his affection for her. Maybe he had something to do with her being on the chopper in the first place.

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I realize Greg didn't show much emotion when Nick & Sara were kidnapped, although he did when Warrick died (Or I thought so). IMO this season is different, Greg is being treated by the writers and producers as more of an equal now when before he was always left in the background while the so-called main cast were emotional, Greg was left standing in the back looking sad and not much else.

The writers are at fault here not the character.

Here is a bit of an interview with Jeff Hunt regarding the chair kicking scene:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  5. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I disagree with you when you say they haven't known each other long enough to be close to each other, sure she's still new but she's new still but she's been at the crime lab what, a month now? Working with someone who you get on with everyday for a month still builds up a pretty close relationship.

I still think his reaction is a little strange though given how much the team have been through. Although it seems recently they've been more protective of their own. All of them were supportive of Ray last year for instance and only seemed to express mild concern towards Warrick when he was in a similar situation or when Sara/Nick were in peril. (But is that fault of the writing team at the time, or with the new writing team.)

That's a good point, I remember something similar happening in Grave Danger with Nick getting the trash run due to a flip of a coin and Warrick feeling it was his fault at the time. If Greg feels he was responsible for Morgan getting in the chopper I'd say his rage would be justified.

I noticed it appears they're in an interrogation room, so maybe he loses his temper with a suspect who isn't cooperating. Or maybe I'm delving far too deep into this discussion. :p

I have to say I don't mind the CSI-in-peril episodes even if they crop up a lot, and I have to admit this looks one of the more exciting ones. I just hope it doesn't turn into anything too Miami-esque. I'm really looking forward to watching.

Although I have to admit, I am annoyed about how neatly folded Morgan's CSI vest looks having been through a helicopter crash. :lol:

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I was going by the other comments that Greg didn't have a reaction to Warrick because they weren't close enough. Well, he hasn't know Morgan long enough to be that close either, unless they've started dating, which hasn't been brought up. Though it is a possibility.

But yeah, if it's a case where Greg should have been in the helicopter instead of Morgan, it might work.

7. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Okay found one that everyone should be able to see :)

8. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Count me to the one who think that Greg's reaction we got to see in the promo seems strange... not only because of the not-knowing-Morgan-long-enough-part but also because we never got to see him being really emotional at all in all those years.

And now he gets all angry...just like that? Seems a little hard to believe, for me at least.

And to blame the writers for lack of Greg emotional stuff isn't completely right either. What about in Grave Danger when Nick was buried. In this one Greg wasn't in the backround at all and still he was behaving calm and collected. I don't even think it's a bad thing but reactions like this one in GD make such an outburst pretty hard to believe, IMO.

Also I'm sure that if Eric would have liked Greg to get emotional about something before he could have worked out a deal with the writers. Aren't they always saying that they are able to talk to the writers about how they see their characters react in certain scenes?

Smokey's idea makes sense though... if people blame themselves for something and someone else gets hurt because of it could trigger unusual reacions. We will see it very soon :)

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Greg did show anger toward Grissom after Sara left, in You Kill Me (the hall scene). That seemed a little strange at the time as well, and unfortunately, it was never followed up.
    Speaking of which, I would love to see some scenes between Sara and Greg tonight!
    Clearly there is something between Greg and Morgan that we haven't been privy to yet, so we will see. I'm going with the theory that he may feel responsible for some reason.

10. Smokey

Same here on the theory, but who knows? Is Sara in this one? I haven't seen all of the promos but I don't remember seeing her. I hope so. And I'd kind of like to see her working with Morgan. Girl power! :lol:

The whole scene in the helicopter tho...the guy getting her gun is bad enough, but her repeating out loud what DB was saying was just...ouch! I know she didn't know she was in trouble yet, but still...and then looking at the guy and saying she'd put him in custody. I guess she thought he was still unconcious maybe? Or too hurt to do anything?

Dang. Now I'm wondering too much. This is why I don't like spoilers or knowing much before the episode airs! :lol:

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I haven't seen Sara in any of the promos :(, but there is a behind the scenes pic from Hunt with her in it. I hope so; I'm going through a slight Sara withdrawal. I'm beginning to think tptb wanted to list her as a 'regular' just to mess with her fans; now we're not always sure when she is in one, so they make us watch. :lol:

And, yes, I'd like to see her work with Morgan more, too. And Catherine, before she leaves. Since Jorja isn't full time, really, I'd at least like quality, if I can't have quantity.

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Sara is in tonight's episode; she's not in episode six, though.

13. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Greg: If you think LA is better than Vegas at night, you need professional help.

Morgan: Are you offering your services? :lol:

==

Crime scenery? LOL. I hope they're not trying to say that Greg's afraid to go on a helicopter, because he was in one when Sara was missing. It kind of sounded like that's what they were trying to do though. And it wouldn't surprise me if the writers forgot something from the past LOL.

===

Greg: You miss me already?

Morgan: I won't tell Russell I gave you the tip. You can look smart and owe me one.
    hehe.

==

Ecklie to Russell: You're a better supervisor than I ever was a father.

==

Greg cursed ... that's unusual. "If they hurt her, I swear..."

==

Oh great... here goes the Blair Witch camera style. ... Oh, thank goodness it was just for a second. I couldn't have handled that for long, it's dizzying lol.

"Dude, you've got the gun". heh.

I hope they lock Frank's daughter up under the jail and burn the key.

===

What? No preview? Is there no new ep next week?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  15. Smokey

Way too over the top for me. Seemed more like Miami. Please go back to regular CSI.