Supernatural #4: STILL No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

First Congrats on thread number 4. :D

Thread One, Thread Two, Thread Three

A little about the show for those who haven't seen it.
    Supernatural stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki as Dean and Sam Winchester, two brothers who travel the country looking for their missing father and battling evil spirits along the way.

Sam Winchester is a college student bound for law school, determined to escape his family's past - unlike his older brother, Dean. Ever since they were little their father has been consumed with an obsession to find the evil forces that murdered his beloved wife, in result recruiting and training his two young sons to help him in revenge. They have grown up as hunters of the supernatural. Sam escaped under the premise of going to college, and now has a happy life with his girlfriend, Jessica, and a promising future career. Dean, however, stayed behind with his father to join him in his "hunting".

Dean goes to Sam for help when their father goes missing. Now Sam must join his brother to find him. His one weekend trip to search for the missing John Winchester becomes an ongoing quest after a horrible tragedy ruins any thought of a happy life for Sam. - The two brothers, bound by tragedy and blood to their mission, travel across the country encountering terrifying and dangerous forces most believe to be nothing but superstition and folklore, such as the Lady in White, the Indian beast known as the Wendigo, Phantom Travelers who cause plane crashes, Bloody Mary, vampires, demons and many more.

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Re: Supernatural #4: It's a guilty pleasure

Well hurray for a new thread! Here's to #4 :beer:

Now, I really hate to start the thread out with a complaint, but I really don't like the new thread title :( Unless I'm missing something, it just has no relevance in my mind.

Destiny, the show summary at the top is a nice touch ;)

3. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

New thread... Hooray

The title refers to the fact that Dean watches Dr. Sexy M.D. right? Anyways i like it...

4. Destiny

Well I don't watch the show so I am sorry, but that was the next one in second place as there was a tie with two. So I went with it. You might ask the one who suggested the name to explain how it fits. I am guessing here but maybe that the show in itself is a "Guilty pleasure" for folks to watch?
    Maybe we can take off "It's" and it read "Supernatural #4: A Guilty Pleasure" or "A guilty pleasure to watch" if that would be better for folks and if that was the meaning. :lol:

As to the summery, thank you, I figure there are probably some out there coming to the show who may see the thread not know what is really being talked about, and want to know more, so a summery may help them and draw them to watch it and like that.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The title is in reference to the episode "Changing Channels". When Dean says "You're not Dr. Sexy. The thing that makes Dr. Sexy sexy is he wears cowboy boots, not sneakers." or something to that effect. Sam says, "oh yeah you're not a fan." rolling his eyes and Dean replies, "It's a guilty pleasure".

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Oh, is that what it's referring to? Well, that's a bit better, but I still don't like it :lol: It just makes it seem like we're calling Supernatural a guilty pleasure, which it isn't.

Anyway, I shouldn't post when I'm stressed and grouchy, so I apologize.

7. GregNickRyanFan

Well, maybe we could change it to: "Dean has a guilty pleasure" instead. That way it won't sound like its saying that Supernatural is a guilty pleasure. :lol:

8. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

I like DeanCasAngel's suggestion to change it to Dean has a guilty pleasure... idk maybe we're just being too picky but what do you expect with hardcore Supernatural fans....

9. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I'm fine with it, personally. :)

And yes- nice touch with the summary, Destiny. It's been a while, so a refresher is a good idea for any curious folks.

Man, now that we have a new thread, I'm suddenly starting to jones for a new episode! Dang! It's gonna be a long wait... sigh...

10. GregNickRyanFan

If there had been a Christmas episode, what do you think they would have had happen in it? I can hear Cas saying something about how Jesus was born in March rather than December (like Daisy did on bones last night lol). But other than that, I've got nothing.

What would you like to see them hunt in an episode? My choices are Chupacabra, Loch Ness and The Jersey Devil.

11. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

The loch ness would have been awesome!!!
    It would have been nice to see the dysfunctional family ie: Bobby Cas Sam and Dean sit down for a christmas dinner...

12. 915

915 CSI Level One

Now my question would be who would cook it all? That would be kind of hilarious the boys attempt at making Christmas dinner. :guffaw:

I would totally love to see Chubacabra (sp?) or the Loch Ness Monster. :thumbsup:

13. GregNickRyanFan

Bobby would have to cook, but would need the boys' help getting things out of cabinets and stuff. Otherwise you'd end up with something like this:

Cas: Something's burning, Dean.
    Dean: Oh crap! The turkey! *runs into kitchen with Cas following*
    Sam: That's not edible now.
    Dean: Really, Sam? I know that.
    Sam: Should have known you'd mess it up.
    Dean: Shut up, b*t*h!
    Sam: Jerk!
    *Bobby enters kitchen*
    Bobby: What happened?
    Sam: Dean burned the turkey.
    Bobby: You idgit! :lol:

Question: Do you think if Sam ingested some angel blood (would have to be from a full angel like Anna, Zach, Gabe, etc since Cas has lost some of his powers) that it would counteract the demon blood?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  14. Destiny

:lol: Okay guys I normally was going to break the tie with

Supernatural #4: Not You're Average Show & Fans

But I figured I would get a little HEY! back at me for that and not kind either lol.
    So I went with the Next in line on the line and that is the current title you see now. It acts as a continuity way by adding "STILL" to it.

Any problems? :wtf: :lol:

15. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Heck, I like it the way it is now, STILL No Chick Flick Moments works just fine for me!

Though I'd gotten pretty attached to Eat It, Twilight!

:lol: