Danny/Flack #7: Flack Makes It His Business

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Faylinn, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Haha, yes, we mustn't forget that Danny is Flack's pain in the ass. I don't think he'd like it very much if we didn't acknowledge that. :p

"Blood, Sweat, and Tears" and "On the Job" sound like two of the best ones from season 1, yeah. There might be another standout, but I can't remember right now. And then there's that one from season 2 with the golfing..."Necrophilia Americana". Oh man, it took me a while to figure out the name, I'm too rusty with this! But Flack's dorky little wave when Danny pulled up is a classic. (Clearly, I'm more focused on the D/F moments than the storylines themselves. :lol:) Aaaand oh man, season 3's "Love Run Cold" wasn't my favorite episode by any stretch, but boy oh boy did I love that "You like that?"/"Yeah" moment because Flack, try to be less obvious. Ooh! And the episode where Mac's on trial and Danny and Flack get together for drinks and pool. :adore: And the one where they go to the basketball game. :adore: And just them in general. :adore:

But yes, any time Danny's ass was on the line (which is generally what happened when Danny got the focus during an episode, let's be honest) was generally a sign that we'd have some good D/F in the episode. ;)

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I meant to come back here earlier! :eek:

Yes, the dorky wave in Necrophilia Americana is classic. Oh Flack, so smitten! :lol:

Trapped was another favorite of mine. Flack worrying outside the panic room while Danny was stuck inside. And then poor Flack just freezing up when that guy took Danny hostage. I remember Stella was the one to shoot, probably because Flack didn't want to risk hitting Danny.

ETA: What was the basketball game episode? I only vaguely remember that one, but didn't a guy win a chance at a free throw and then he died on the court?

Yeah, looking back, the guys really did have a lot of great moments. The show really took the time to underscore their friendship and show that when Danny was in trouble--and when wasn't Danny in danger of some kind or another? :lol: --Flack was there to save him.

3. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

The basketball game was in 4.19 "Personal Foul" when the cheerleader poisoned the guy for insulting her at a game years before. Remember the "eat a salad" chant? Flack mentions to Danny that "he ought to piss Lindsay off more often," and after the guy collapses on the court Flack lifts up his shirt to show his badge to security and we glimpse a bit of skin. That game scene got a lot of comments.

4. Faylinn

Yeah, it was pretty great.

[​IMG]

(OMG I was skimming through the episode for a screencap and kept catching D/F moments. These two OMG I love them so much!)

Yup, Danny being stuck in the panic room is a classic all around. :p

They really did have some great moments. Oh man, I'm feeling so much nostalgia for this show lately, why couldn't it last forever? ~wistful sigh~ ;)

Haha, yep, exactly. 'Piss off your girlfriend more often so we can spend time together' okay Flack. ;)

(But lol I remember being annoyed every time we saw Flack's stomach after he got a copier dropped on him because it was like they forgot he got a copier dropped on him, scarring is a thing. *cough* Not a huge deal, of course, but that did annoy me at the time. :lol:)

5. Faylinn

Thought I'd bump up my OTP's shipper thread now that we've got a new version of the forum and old people might be making a return. Let us reminisce about how fab Danny and Flack were together! ;)

I have this thing where I tend to insert my OTPs into any show/movie/book I watch in some fashion, or create mental AUs (since fanfic is not-a-thing-I-do anymore, lol). These days, it tends to be my (not-at-all) guilty pleasure OTP (Klaine from Glee, heh), but maybe Danny/Flack needs to make a comeback in my silly, indulgent thoughts. :p

Oh no, why did I just imagine a CSI:NY AU where they were high school teachers? I blame the Glee connection. But think about it! Danny as a science teacher, Flack as--I don't know, some sort of teacher lol. Mac could be the principal! Hahaha! Anyway, Danny and Flack flirt in the break room, and they probably have students trying to set them up and ribbing Flack about gawking at Danny in the hallway. *sigh* I can't help it, I love a cheesy AU. The Glee/Klaine fandom is so damn good at them. Coffee shop AUs, D/s AUs (naughty, hehe), superhero AUs, the list goes on and on. Oh my gosh, Soulmate AUs!!! I would say "let's pretend I'm not 30 years old talking about this stuff," but I don't even care. I'm old enough to enjoy my cheesy love stories without shame. ;)

It's been so long since I read any fanfic that it's entirely possible there were high school teacher AUs back in the day that I've completely forgotten about. But oh man, I need to revisit some of my favorite old stories. ASKessler was my introduction to D/F fic back in the day, I think. And her stuff is still on ff.net! I might need to spend some time reading a little CSI:NY fanfic later...

sharp52092 likes this.