Season 8 Spoiler Discussion #2 - Spoiler Scene: Do Not Cross

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I can't believe I'm truly not minding these two this season! :eek: I watched the clip expecting to completely cringe through the whole thing, but it actually worked! :eek: What happened?! Did the writers finally figure out how to write their and Lindsey's scenes?!

2. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

CSI: NY Boss Finds Inspiration in the Past, Hopes for the Show's Future

CSI: New York Boss Dishes on Tonight's Killer Comeback! Plus, Are We Getting a Series Finale?!

"They represent the family. Everybody else is single or divorced or alone so Danny, Lindsay and Lucy are our wholesome family."

Ugh, that irks me. Families are families, whether or not they tick all the boxes for what counts as 'wholesome'.

Also, obviously, I don't really care about endless questions regarding Danny and Lindsay's ~future. They're married with a kid, and there's no chance in hell the show is going to break them up or kill their kid or anything. They're going to continue being married parents. How exciting! Please, tell me more. I can't guess what will come in their future. *sigh*

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Some of us look forward to it.,.I can't wait. Their quote probably didn't come out right, though I get what they were trying to say.

I wonder if we'll have a lot of Adam next week, given that it's a videogame-centric ep.

The season finale is what I really want to get here, but at the same time, I'll be sad if it's the last ep ever. It's going to be an awesome ep.

5. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

6. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thanks a lot Faylinn and Perl for the interesting links. I hope we will also receive the Season 9.

7. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

sorry a mistake

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

THIS SO MUCH. And the fact that she'd use the term "wholesome" for a couple that first had sex on a pool table as payment for a drunken bet, then didn't have a relationship until Rikki left town and Lindsay got knocked up and had to be tricked into going to the courthouse to have a shotgun wedding is beyond inexplicable. I'm so effing sick of them trying to shove fanon down my throat when it has absolutely nothing to do with the show's canon.

I'm not some teenage girl who you can delude into thinking what you intended for the pairing is actually what is happening with them. Maybe if they'd sell them as a real couple with real issues instead of this perfect country girl tames bad city boy and they have the perfect relationship that can never be destroyed I wouldn't want to hurl my TV and computer through the window everytime they're mentioned.

On Twitter the comments during the show's airing are ridiculous. You'd think the only two characters on the show are effing Danny and Lindsay. Fangirls squeeing about a married man touching his wife's forehead at work is not the demographic a prime time crime drama should be catering to, yet they always have been. :rolleyes:

9. MacsGirlMel

I just wish a few the supporters would post here too so we'd have both sides discussing...not obviously to extremes, since pure ship talk is for that area, but the general eps.

IDK if I'd call it a shotgun wedding, since they looked to be going for it, then didn't...he did trick her into going down, but she still could've said no again. As for the pool table thing, I was going to say I liked it, but I'd forgotten all about the bet part. That could've probably been done a bit better without the bet stuff. The scene Friday wasn't bad either, though it'd be kinda interesting to see one where they get a word from Mac, since work isn't the right place for it, really. (like the ep a few seasons back with the inspector...that never got brought up again) But there's nothing wrong with a little affection in general. Just make it happen outside of work rather than during it. A regular CSI-style shift switch would have worked, but they've never showed any other shifts on NY, so IDK. We know they have to have them. I fear the writers wouldn't like the problems having him interact with other characters though. I'm sure they could find a way if they wanted to, even though what they did in the first few eps didn't last.

I have a hunch the writers idealize things a bit because they figure it's TV not RL...that I can see both sides of. I like escapism, but if it's not done right, it's harder to buy into. I think they could show a few bumps if they wanted to without breaking them up...marriages go both ways, but even those that last have bumps.

I don't think I'd say not canon either...they did have to do a sudden change when Anna got pregnant, but it just turned into a different canon than originally intended because they probably figured they didn't want to hide it again. It's not my first show that's done it, and I've just figured it pays to be flexible, even though I hated the outcome on the other one.

Like I've said before, this is what makes doing ships onscreen hard, you can't please everyone. Regular CSI had just as much backlash from GSR and other shows have had the same thing. I like it when they do both, it seemed to go okay on Bones, which does it all the time, but I have no clue how to do it without causing upset. (and even that show had upset, though that's not for here).

I wonder if the Peyton thing was true, and why it changed, though I'm not sad if that's the case. Not many of us cared for her anyway, and if they had brought her back, I'd hope Christine wouldn't have been there too...the last thing we'd need is a Mac love triangle and the visions of it won't go away. Just...no.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

A "shotgun wedding" is what it is called when the bride is pregnant, so yes, it was a "shotgun wedding."

And the show's canon (what actually happened on the show and not what fans interpreted one way or another) was that they had sex then were not shown to be in a relationship or even dating until AFTER Danny slept with Rikki. Then after Rikki left they slept together again (off screen) and Lindsay ended up pregnant. Danny tricked Lindsay into going to the courthouse where he sprang a surprise wedding on her and talked her into going through with it with the help of Mac and Stella. People can deny it all they want, but that's what actually happened. Even the actors stated there was no evidence of a relationship on the show.

Veasey and fans of the ship trying to tell everyone after the fact that they've always been together, that Danny cheated with Rikki, that their relationship evolved organically and they're the wholesome perfect couple is FANON (what the fans and TPTB want to see vs what actually happened on the show) plain and simple. There's no question about it whether you like them as a couple or don't. Canon isn't up for debate. What people like and don't like about the relationship is always up for debate, but not what actually happened on the show.

11. MacsGirlMel

I just thought of something about the finale plot. If we get another season, we're probably going to get more high-speed healing, I bet. I wish the shows did a better job with the aftermath of serious injuries.

12. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

13. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I wish they did too, but if they avoid have Mac shot in the back, neck or head, a summer of recovery time would actually be fairly realistic even with him being seriously injured. What gets me too is the lack of scars from the injuries they give the characters - Flack and him nearly dying in the explosion, Mac getting shot in the arm in s7 and no scar of any sort afterwards (this also being another prime example of magically quick healing as he was just fine the very next ep....)

And thanks for the vid Perl! :) I have to confess the gamer in me got sooooooo excited seeing Gears of War and Halo and all the CosConers walking around :lol:

14. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Have to be honest..one of the main characters getting shot doesn't phase me anymore. It's happened on all of my favorite shows from Cold Case, to L & O to CSI that it just seems like more of the same old same old.

15. MacsGirlMel

Yeah, the trouble is, whether it comes back or not, we know he'll live. It isn't as angst-inducing as stuff like CSI, when we didn't know what'd happen with Warrick and Sara. Though we had an idea with Warrick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.