Grissom and Sara #36 A Love Story

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sharp52092, Jan 23, 2013.

1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Yeah. I agree with you both.

Those final episodes of Grissom's were painful to watch. But knowing in the end he got his happy ending with 'the only person he ever loved' made it bearable, retrospectively. It was memorable, and oh so satisfying.

And now I'm in the same depressing state that you and most GSR fans are; which is why I don't post much anymore, and why I can't bring myself to watch the show, past or present. I invested so much of my time and energy into this show, and what the writers did with my investment still hurts. Because of the uniqueness of the GSR storyline, CSI wasn't just another procedural. I was so enamored with the way the relationship was handled, and everyone seemed to be on board with it; but now, no one seems to care except their faithful fans, and it all seems so sad and such a terrible waste. So, since there seems to be no movement to fix GSR, I've separated myself, at least physically, from the show and have moved on to other shows, but I will probably always have an emotional attachment to CSI because of GSR.

What's ironic is that I actually enjoyed CSI with the new characters. As long as I knew Grissom and Sara were together, I could sit back and enjoy the show. Now, sad to say, I'm apathetic. I come back here once in a while to check on Greg and Nick and Brass, but otherwise I'm pretty much done with it all. I just don't relate to the 'new' Sara, and since she was once my favorite character, that breaks my heart even more. So, I guess if Sara is moving on, then so will I; she apparently is handling the break up much better than I am.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

At least they can still fix it if she has no new love interest. But that's exactly my feeling, jafox.

3. MichelleRM

MichelleRM Civilian

This is my first post, but I have always been a fan of GSR. I started shipping them when Grissom told Sara, "Since I met you" when she asked him when he was interested in beauty. The "eye sex" scene in The Time of Your Death is one of my favorite scenes between the two. I got seasons 1-7, and it is kind of nice to see Grissom again. I miss him and I miss seeing him and Sara together. Hopefully, TPTB will see the light, and bring them back together.

4. Criminalist

Criminalist Rookie

Sad to say,It won't happen. Billy Petersen has said that he's done with the show and won't make any appearances on the show. Besides! apparently he and Sara
    are divorced.

5. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

I still hope that this aspect will change, just to give a little dignity back to their legacy, however, we'll never see them on screen again in the same way. True GSR exists in the nostalgia of the first 7 seasons unfortunately.

6. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Welcome MichelleRM :)

It'd be odd for them not to be divorced by now, considering how season 14 went and how long it's been since they separated (or whatever it was they did). That's not how this story should have gone, no matter what happens in the end. It's unforgivable now.

And I don't even recognise Sara anymore, there's nothing left of that character.

Just finished watching the last two episodes of the season and I'm annoyed... (look how they treated Brass!).

7. JorjaFoxFan

I miss CSI.

I don't know why but recently I've fallen into a pit of nostalgia for not just the show, but the routine of it all. Waiting all week, coming here and speculating, reading all the great fanfics that popped up if we were ever slightly unsatisfied..
    I mean, I can tune into CSI every week, but for the past 4 years, it doesn't feel like I'm watching CSI at all. I mean I see familiar characters like Nick, Greg, Sara, Brass; but it's missing the life it used to have.
    It's just all of a sudden hit me that the show still has success, is still getting renewed, but its been operating as a skeleton. All the flesh of the show is in a bygone era. I can watch new episodes as much as I want but I know I'm going to be watching Fin, Russell, and whomever Morgan decides to be in love with this week.

I miss the old Vegas cases which made the show unique. I miss Nick and Warrick's friendship, Catherine and Warrick's playfulness, Greg's schoolboy crush on Sara; and of course Sara and Grissom's everything. Their whole dynamic can never be recreated because it was subtly built up over the course 8 years!

I guess I've just learned that a show continuing on without the aspects that made it work, is more difficult to deal with than a show being outright cancelled.

/rant :rolleyes:

EDIT: Welcome to MichelleRM

8. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

^^
    I've thought of that too. It's the same show but nothing resembles what we started watching it for. The stories are overly complicated (there's enough forensics going on in a single suicide, we don't need explosions), everyone acts like a cop (if we wanted a cop show we'd watch a cop show, not csi), and the sense of everyone working as a team is gone. The real csi ended around season 8, anything after that is like a dream (or a nightmare). And Morgan... I don't even know where to start with her...

/rant2 :rolleyes:

9. JorjaFoxFan

^^
    I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Another aspect I've really been missing is the finite difference between the lab rats and the CSIs. I miss Greg doing his thing, and Wendy, and Mandy, and Henry, and all those people. I mean they still exist (Henry, Hodges) but they aren't the same. Hodges and Henry are out firing guns and playing spy and all this incredibly unbelievable stuff, it's just not what the show was. It's an action thriller now, I miss the subtly of the stories and the small little details that can break a case if presented to the right mind.

The characters' back stories used to include how dorky they were, and how science was their passion; but now it's all relationships. It's tiring. GSR was special because it was unique to the show and it meant something. Everything just feels so cheap now.

It's just all gone. And it sucks.:(

10. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

^
    Just Greg moving from the lab to the field was a very interesting back story to follow and even if there's nothing extraordinary about the subject it was well-made and realistic. They've forgotten that each one is supposed to be an expert at something, or that they should leave clearing rooms up to the cops (now there are even episodes where they go on patrol).

The stories were about people and even the actors looked like real people; now it's one guest star after another, while everyone has to be 'attractive'.

We should all pack and return to the jungle...

11. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

Just got nostalgic and thought I'd pop in. I've got some buds at Gallifrey base and even tumblr, and then I remember my humble start on these boards. I learned a lot about video production and conflict of interest in the workplace. I made a lot of friends here. Hope you all are doing well. :)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  12. JorjaFoxFan

I too returned to the boards after being reminded of my first OTP via tumblr and gallifrey base, among others! Nothing quite like this pairing, and there never will be. I miss GSR so frequently, but what I miss most is the community. By breaking them up TPTB ruined the discussion and speculation that surrounded the fans.

It's lovely to see people still posting here the odd time, but heartbreaking that we can't get a true conversation going anymore :(

13. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Hey, new season, new... things to...talk about (not)!

I'm having a significantly hard time concentrating enough to watch the first episode. I'm on my third try as I type. At some point Finn introduced herself as 'LVPD', started asking questions right away and just like that I lost interest in whatever they were going to talk about. It shouldn't be 'LVPD'... the blood expert (who was supposedly Nick in this episode, for some reason) shouldn't be interviewing suspects... no matter how much 'TV-CSI' it is, it's very hard to look past such 'details' after they were being mentioned repeatedly for years on the same show.

And all that's left of GSR is in Sara's hands (literally), which are constantly covered by gloves and/or odd camera angles. I noticed DB got his own ring back, although I neither remember nor care what season it was that he stopped wearing it.

-frustrated

14. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

So, now it's 4 months until the end of the show and Grissom's return (as close as they can write him to be like Grissom anyway) in that 2-hour episode. I'd normally ask how you'd like GSR to end like, but I'm still not over what happened in season 13. They had so many different routes to choose, so many opportunities but they were all wasted and I don't think a 2-hour episode can mend that feeling. Getting them back together in the end doesn't erase 3 seasons of hate/cheating/lying. The way GSR was handled is an example of "if it works don't mess with it". Hopefully it will teach future writers something through its flaws, so they won't be repeated in another love story.

15. JorjaFoxFan

This was my first OTP and very close to my heart. You'd think I'd be excited about WP's return, and a "major GSR storyline" in their finale, but instead I'm worn out and terrified.

Stop messing with something that worked. It was good. Every time they've tried to mention it since WP's departure, they've dug it up from its grave, smeared it some more, then re-buried it.

It's been horrible to watch a show I loved degrade into what it currently is, and ending it is the best thing to happen to it.