Gary #8: Chicago's Finest

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Jade_Nolan, Sep 1, 2011.

?

new thread title

Poll closed Sep 15, 2011.
  1. Time stands still when you're having fun!

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Chicago's finest

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. We steal toasters too!

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. We are Gary's girls

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Women have reckless crushes on him..who, us?! nooo...*nods* yes

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

He actually never served with the military. He had a lot of family who did, from WWII and Vietnam and he was very close to two brothers-in-law who were in Vietnam which caused him to him to become quite sympathetic and active with veteran treatment and affairs from early on. But he was also part of the generation whose military service age never coincided with a major conflict that we were involved in. He was too young for Vietnam, and too old by the time we went into Afghanistan and Iraq. Had there been a conflict between the two I have no doubts he would have signed, but it wasn't if he didn't have a career, and it sounds bad, but if there's no "reason" to fight and be a soldier, why sign with a peace-time army if you don't have an incentive...? But that fact that he never spent any of his own time in the military just makes how much he cares and the level to which he truly takes the time to understand us and what we do and go through that much more impactful. :)
    He was born, grew up, and lived for quite a while in Chicago, not moving out to California until the mid to late 80s (I forget the exact year). It's why he made Mac originate from Chicago as well. He's still a diehard Cubs fan and has a decided soft spot and ties to the city particularly with Steppenwolf.

And I hear you on there being a ton of pages to read through :lol:

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Anyone see his Twitter earlier today? I wonder why he said ouch...there usually isn't *too* much pain if the Novocaine shot works. Unless he meant after it wore off. I love the "drill baby drill" part LOL

There's gotta be a Mac going to the dentist fanfic in there somewhere lol

3. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello,

I guess Gary's more on top on the "social media" like twitter and facebook than I am. He has been in many movies, but I can't get over how good he was in the Forest Gump movie. That was a good one. I know it goes back some years, but he did an excellent profromance in it.

Peace:)

4. MacsGirlMel

Well,the accident kept him from the race as well as the concert...hope he feels better. At least filming is done. That wouldn't help much.

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah.

If you think I'm overreacting a bit, just say so, no hard feelings. :)

I want to know how he is doing since there have been no updates on twitter or his FB page that has the same photo as his twitter photo. I want to know how the accident happen.

I do see some fans asking for some updates as well.

I should be thankful that he is okay and I am, but maybe I need to chill a bit?

6. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Don't worry, you're not overreacting. It's really hard to read into non-informative reports like this unless you have some sort of background in how they work. As a long-time medic, I will tell you that while it's impossible to say exactly how he was injured, from how they phrased the report it'll be some sort of "annoying" injury as opposed to anything to be actually concerned about. Granted, this could be anything from a minor concussion to a fracture or two. Since there hasn't been an update it's pretty safe to say he was actually injured in some fashion and that any transport to the hospital wasn't purely precautionary, but knowing the lingo as well as I do, I feel quite confident in stating that any injuries he incurred aren't anything to be concerned about. I have sympathy for the guy for sure! But I'm not concerned, if that makes sense :)

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yes, that does make sense. Thank you. :)

8. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

The injuries are not so bad. He will soon be again O.K.

9. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I'm sure he will be. But it'd be nice of maybe one of his friends in the GS foundation would give us an update like when he's getting out of the hospital, IF he is still in there. Plus, there is no update on the original article, if you do a news search for him, the only thing is the accident, that's it.

This is the first time I've had a crush on a celebrity and they have gotten injured. ;) :)

10. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

I know his illness. But I think this is private.

11. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Please, don't. I'm finally getting over my worry now. I'm not as worried as I was this weekend.

12. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I'm sure Gary will post an update as soon as he can. I am still keeping him in my thoughts.

13. MacsGirlMel

Where else was he supposed to appear? The local radio just had a similar snippet about him cancelling Lt.Dan Band appearances due to the accident. (I'm in Chicago, though, so it could just be they're slow on having the story...I get why they'd tell it up here, so it's hard telling.)

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

He was supposed to have concerts in Florida and Palm Desert. It's funny though, seems the media is getting the story a few days afterwards.

He does have a concert in NY on April 27th, so hopefully he will be well enough to do it.

15. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Anything beyond what his rep releases most certainly is. And believe me, in the week since the whole thing started there have been plenty of unofficial things going around...from which hospital he was at to specific injuries... not cool people, not cool :shifty:

BUT, there are several articles today stating that his rep has reported that he's back home recuperating :) My personal opinion is that he's been back in Cali for at least a couple days and has been enjoying being "invisible". I certainly would have done so, and I absolutely LOVE that his team is only releasing the sparest of information! Haha, I have to confess I take great delight in the absolute angst and clamour of several fans who want to know EVERYTHING AND EVERY DETAIL!!!! (no worries, I'm not referring to anyone here ;) ) It IS his personal life, and beyond reassuring fans if he is or isn't ok, he doesn't have to say a word.

But anyways, here's the link to one of the articles I referred to:

http://rumorfix.com/2012/04/exclusive-gary-sinise-in-recovery-after-car-accident/

Again, I so love how it basically says not much beyond, "he's fine" :lol: