Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I agree, ladybronco. This board seems to be pretty devoid of all of the bashing. I know that the shipper pages can start to get ugly, but as soon as they do someone puts a stop to it or directs them to a thread for the purpose of discussing why they don't like a ship...

I think it's funny how many actors have been on a CSI, Law and Order, or sometimes both (or multiples of both).

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: TvGuide.com

So glad Paget Brewster will be back on Criminal Minds next season. But what does that mean for the Doyle story line?

ADAM: Doyle will certainly be back, but probably not for long. "The only way Prentiss can return to us is if Ian Doyle is destroyed," executive producer Erica Messer tells us. "We all love Timothy V. Murphy and want him to have some screen time. But our challenge is to expand on their story and not repeat what [we've already] learned."

3. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Thanks for the info Destiny! Sounds like it's going to be very interesting. After what the team's been through thinking that Prentiss is dead, I can imagine there could be some anger along with relief after finding out she's alive.

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I am also glad that JJ and Emily are back. It was madness getting rid of them in the first place. But it is a shame for Rachel. Seaver was an ok character, but she wasnt given much of a chance. Hopefully the actress will be on another show pretty soon.

5. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I got a question about Paget. Did she tweet that she is not happy coming back to CM? someone over IMDb said, she wasn't happy to come back and she was force to come. I tried to find her tweet, but no avaible.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Tweets form Paget:

Also she had previously tweeted these:

May 27th
    Yesterday

Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  7. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Thanks Hiphuggers for explaining it to me better then the other did. She love the show and the casts and she hate be shove around. She is glad she is back.

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Welcome :)

:( Still no Hotch

9. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Thanks hiphugger, for the tweet info and that link!

Come on CBS! (And Thomas). Please come to terms!

How silly is it to get AJ and Paget back, and then not get a new contract for Thomas. I hope this gets resolved soon, it would certainly make us fans feel better, not to mention letting the writers get on with their work. ;)

10. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

Well, Hotch's speech in the finale did at least provide the writers with a pre-existing explanation for Hotch's departure.

On a side note, as a retiree I've been able to watch the Casey Anthony murder trial. I have to say that the man testifying today -- Dr. Vos(sp?) -- comes across as a real-life Dr. Reed. Vos is such a geek.

11. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Gibson is still doing promotion for the show, so he's coming back.. it's just a money game. I still think they'll pay him whatever he wants.

12. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

I'm not even sure it's totally about money. Gibson has two young kids at home, and he may be looking for a deal like Mark Harmon and NCIS where he works only so many hours a day/week.

13. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

ragincajun, Thomas has 3 kids, not two. two boys and 1 girl. He will be back. He's better.

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

LOL ever notice our first response is to tell the network to give them the deal? The problem is what are they asking for, that is causing the problem? or what was the counter offer that is causing the problem?

Compromise is on both parties. they should also agree that said actor's/actresses would work say 3-5 eps in (at current/prior contract amount) until they either agree or end it, it'd allow the writers to give them, the character and fans the send off. or if still stalled but working on it, send them to spain, or out of town, etc until resolved.

BTW promo's are usually done ahead of time, and they are already paid for them, so that really would say one way or another. Unless you mean the tours.

BTW JM re-tweeted a link to Deadline.com's story on TG. Part of it states: "Expectation is that a deal will eventually be made as the show is looking for cast stability after the drama surrounding co-stars A.J. Cook, Paget Brewster and Rachel Nichols this past season. Despite not having a deal, Gibson has been fulfilling all Criminal Minds obligations. He mingled with international buyers at the LA Screenings and is currently in Europe. Along with Criminal Minds co-star Matthew Gray Gubler he will represent the show at the Monte Carlo TV festival, which starts tomorrow, and will also participate in a press junket in London."

Yep double posting, apologies, go easy on me.. here *Hand Slap* That ^ is long, and this is longer. Anyway, thats why.

E!Online

Criminal Minds Stars: Ladies Were Let Go "On a Whim," Gibson "Hopeful" on Contract Talks

Criminal Minds fans, you're gonna want to read this story.

Stars Thomas Gibson and Matthew Gray Gubler talked to reporters at the Monte-Carlo TV Festival today and were more than open about the impact of this year's backstage turmoil, not to mention the cast crisis that's currently ongoing. In case you haven't heard, CBS and Thomas Gibson appear to be at an impasse in negotiations to bring the show's lead character back for season seven.

Gibson brought us up-to-date on the talks—and jokingly suggested a certain infamous actor replace Hotch as BAU team leader:

Q&A: Thomas Gibson
    Thomas, how are contract negotiations going—will Hotch be back next season?
    I hope so, that's all I really can tell you. I am just hopeful we can work something out.

Are you getting close to finalizing something? Doesn't shooting begin next month?
    That's what they tell me.

If, God forbid, Hotch leaves, who do you think should replace him in the division?
    Charlie Sheen. He's free, you know.

Q&A: Matthew Gray Gubler
    Do you think that Hotch will be back next year?
    I honestly have no idea, I hope so. I love Thomas, I think Hotch is important to the show, but I don't know, man. Hollywood is a strange place. I was raised as a real worker, you know, you get out and get a real job. In Hollywood it's all about negotiations and contracts, so I don't know how this will turn out. I hope he is back.

What will the show be like if Hotch doesn't come back? Who will take over as head of the division?
    Emily, I think, would take over as the chief, or Joe Mantegna. I don't know, we do have a lot of characters. I don't know what they'd do. It would suck but they'd figure something out.

Coming from your background of "real workers," how did you adjust to Hollywood?
    I am an eternal optimist. To me the fact that I get to entertain people is what matters the most to me. All I have ever wanted to do is entertain people and so I try not to think about that other part of it. I focus on the simplicity of it.

What do you think about Paget Brewster coming back after the contract/budget drama this year?
    We lost her and A.J. Cook for no reason at all, on just on a whim, and that is sort of offensive to me because they're my friends, and they did a good job, and the fans liked them. At the same time I understand that we are all grownups and six years ago we signed contracts that said they could fire us. So while I don't like it, I think there are bigger things to worry about in life. Japan, for example had a huge [tsunami] and has a nuclear mess on its hands.

Did it cause tension on the set?
    No, there's no tension, but it makes it harder because for six years we've functioned as a unit and then suddenly it's different. These are my best friends in life, these actors, so losing them changed everything. And so I'm so glad that the band is back together now. I hope that Thomas doesn't leave. I think Rachel [Nichols] will leave. Which is sad, she's a nice girl...it was a tough position she came into but like I said it's a strange situation, it's Hollywood. But I know that just because she's not on the show doesn't mean I won't talk to her, she's a friend and I know I'll speak with her on the weekends. All I know is we're going to try to keep on maintaining. The spirit on set is very jovial. I think because it's so dark we have to find things to laugh about.

Does that darkness ever overwhelm you? How do you deal with it?
    Yes, I'm sort of a Method actor. We have a month off and during this month I turn back into my real self and I realize the 11 months of the year we film the show really affects my mind. The only way I know how to do something, as cheesy as it sounds, is to become that character and it affects me in a not so healthy way. It does kind of make me crazy. I am an optimist and I try to think that the light will always prevail in any situation, so it doesn't really make me sad about humanity because I think deep down everybody is full of love and light. But the show does get to you after a period of time, it has to. I know it got to Mandy Patinkin(who played Jason Gideon), too—very much so. To do a good job it really has to affect you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2011
  15. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

I merged your posts Destiny, no worries! ;)