"Turn, Turn, Turn" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 1, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh. I think I missed most of that converstation. :lol: My brother doesn't normally watch the show, so he was asking some questions. :lol: I'm definitely gonna have to watch the ep again later tonight. :D

2. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Well, I think it was a pretty good episode. The end with Nick crying almost made me cry. I also think it was a good that they had Grissom call to with Nick a happy birthday as it kinda made it seem more like that part really was in the past.

3. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

Yeah, it made complete sense to me as well. Things pile up and Nick is the type to bury it away, and this one was personal to him since he knew the girl and he was involved with all three cases. Not being able to put them together in time to save her...well, that alone would have a definite affect on him, the big softie, never mind after all the things that have happened in and around his life in the very same year or shortly before.

It makes a crazy amount of sense. *snuggles him*

I loved this ep...but I love Nick, so it's not a shock. A lovely, moving performance by George Eads and some wonderful/touching/funny moments for all. Brilliant. :thumbsup:

4. sleepysalt

sleepysalt Civilian

Does anyone know the song that is played when Nick drops off Taylor Swift's mother's camera and she shows him her friends' reaction to the false accusation of her father, then it jumps to a rainy crime scene where her hair is dyed black? I've looked everywhere but it's not listed.
    (sorry if this is a double post btw :rolleyes:)

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I can't remember exactly, but it was probably the remix of Taylor Swift's "You're Not Sorry". I know it played during the episode, sleepysalt.

6. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

This is the CSI I remember and love. Science, a case and emotions tied to that case.

The old Nicky is back, the emotional, emphatic one. The college fund for Warick's son is so Nick and Dave contibuting was heartmelting. I still miss Warrick but I'm glad to see signs that Nick does too.

Hodges was his geeky self, not really getting the lingo of the cool kids.

This is the first ep I've re-watched immediately in two years.

Ray reaching out to Nick at the end warmed my heart and Nick's tears broke me. Ray actually noticed that something was up with Nick! That's a first in a long time. Is the team finally returning?

Greggo's "I'm taking the birthday card back" cracked me up. SuperDave getting douched was giggle and eeew-inducing.

And Grissom phoning Nick? That kind of threw me because I thought they had grown so distant over the years. But Griss remembered!

Riley stuttering was hilarious.

CSI showed that it still can produce stellar eps! There's was a balance between drama and humor that I have missed for a long time. Characters I love were brought back into focus and the case had me guessing.

That's CSI to me.

7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I really enjoyed this episode. I liked how the format was different than anything they've done before. The story was told really well, and the impact it had on Nick felt genuine. I felt so bad for him at the end. Loved the humour moments in this one as well. Complimented the sadness of the story very well. Oh, and also, I admit, I'm a fan of Taylor Swift ;)

8. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

I really, really liked this episode. It had so many great little moments.

• Super Dave and the Green Goo
    • Greg’s comment about taking back the gift card but offering to climb into the crawl space since it was Nick’s birthday
    • Riley’s comment about free birthday dinners
    • Nick’s kindness to Homeless Coffee Dude as well as Coffee Dude’s road to recovery
    • The voicemail from Grissom wishing Nick a happy birthday
    • Riley’s inability to say crime lab when she went to interview the love birds in the room next door
    • Nick putting together a college fund for Warrick’s son. That is totally something Nick would do.
    • Hodges thinking the Pony League was some kind of equestrian event
    And of course there was Nick being his usual wonderful self. GE totally knocked it out of the park. In the first segment, he was quite obviously charmed by this sweet, enthusiastic, fresh faced girl who showed so much potential and had her whole life ahead of her. And then he had to watch her slow descent into something so much darker as a result of where she lived and her whacked out parents. Poor Haley was pretty much doomed from the start. We all know that Nick has something of a White Knight complex and the fact that he was unable to prevent her death by figuring out that the Mom was responsible for Tanya’s death gave us that wonderful, emotional moment at the end. GE and LF seem to have a really good rapport with each other and the final scene showed it.

The only issue I had was there was no way any adoption agency would grant custody of Haley to the parent’s of the girl her own mother was guilty of killing.

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

My friend's bratty teenage daughter and her friends were squealing through the show and I couldn't hear it.

But I will say here in Ontario, we had a situation where a seven year old was beaten to death by her court-approved guardian.

so anything's possible.

10. csi_fan7

csi_fan7 Hit and Run

This is one of my all time favorite episodes. I like Ray in this ep because he did a much better job at handling Nick's "breakdown". I cringed when the green goo dropped in Dave's mouth. Overall really really good episode.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Green goo? It was green? Man, I really need a new tv (mine is over 20 yrs old). It looked brown on my tv. :lol:

The call from Grissom was supposed to be back when Grissom was still there cause it was the first time Nick met Hailey.

12. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

This was a home run episode. I really liked it and not only did we see the progression of Haley's character from sweet and innocent but the parallel of Nick's character also changing throughout that year.

The first crime scene at the motel was after A La Cart (Grissom's reference in the phone call about decapitation by a rubber wheel flying off) Nick was happy,he had found Sara,she was fine and the world was still good.

The second scene of Bree and the phoney accusation,had to occur after Sara left,Nick was quieter,sort of like a lost puppy without his best friend, less jovial but still had that innocence about him.

The third crime scene he is darker,Warrick is dead,his mood seems sad,more too himself, and a lot more serious. He is taking on the task of Eli and his education,he wants Eli to succeed,he feels the need to make sure it happens by starting him a college fund.(That is our Nick)

Then to the present, all that is bottled up,all the pain had come to a head, a pot ready to boil over.the lid needs to come off for a few minutes so it can let out some steam,he feels guilt,pain for all the losses,and he cries,(which I cried too because I was following him to this moment)....seeing that he was about to have that break,but the steam was let out and he recovered but will he ever be the same?

I hope they don't change him too much after this,he is our Nick,our silent hero.

13. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

This episode was great. The emotion coming from George Eads was just the right amount; I didn't want to snot slinging. I really like the special effects that they used in this episode. And it was also really awesome to see the transition of a teenage girl.

I think that TPTB and the actors all did a great job. Taylor Swift did a good job in her first acting role, and I see no need for negative critisism IMO.

GE was amazing. And as others have said, this is the CSI I know and love. Back down to the bare essentials. The crime scenes were original. The way they broke it down was awesome. This is definitely an episode that will stay on my TiVo for a while.

14. Live4GrissNSara

Live4GrissNSara Lab Technician

Well, I'm assuming you are bringing up GSR because of my extremely lame name filled with unfortunate grammar that I made 5 years ago when I was still in high school. But hey, I grew up and am now a second year science student. I just hit the big 20 mark a couple of weeks ago actually.

Season 7 worked for me because the miniature killer was intriguing to me. I didn't even know it would end as a GSR story, I just thought it was straight up awesome. If it had ended with Greg being kidnapped, I would have liked it just as much. You're acting as if the whole season was a Grissom/Sara love fest. Compared to other season, it was probably the most GSR filled I suppose. But for the most part, there would maybe be a 30 second scene every couple of episodes.

And what? The whole cast did not get shoved into the backseat. Catherine lost Sam. Catherine also had a lovely story arc with Keppler. Greg got beat up. The lab rats had a full episode to themselves. If by the whole cast you mean Nick, then yeah, he didn't have any major storylines that season. But he did get a decent amount of spotlight in season 5 and 6.
    I do agree that the show is more equal now. Unfortunately for me I guess. I have been extremely spoiled with all the Grissom spotlight for the past 9 years.
    I find it hard to believe that people can think that the show is better now. I would have never gotten into the show if it was like it is now. The cases have been weak this season. There has been no interesting science either. And there is no Grissom, who was a huge inspiration to me in everyway. (I even took an Entomology course last term)

Anyway, I suppose I should get back on topic before I get sliced.
    I thought Taylor did a wonderful job, especially for her acting debut.
    I also loved Hodges and Super Dave's scenes. It was great to hear about Warrick again. Just when I thought he'd been forgotten. I would really like to see a grave scene somewhere down the line. Yeah, they're cliche, but I love them. Although I'm not a Nick fan, I thought George did great, and it was about time he got an episode to himself.

I'm going to join the teenager talk now. I completely agree that teenagers are growing up to fast and are being influenced by all the wrong things. Especially middle school kids. I think the Twilight series is going to have a very unfortunate impact on young people. The fourth one, Breaking Dawn, especially. It's a good book if you like zero plot, no character developement, and bad morals.

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

OT. See everyone says that there were only 30 seconds of GSR in every episode or most of them. What everyone seems to forget, or most anyway, is that Grissom and Sara worked practically every case together. So it was more than 30 seconds in every episode.

Back on topic. I'm still on a high with this episode. I just thought it was well done and I liked the transitions between the crimes and time of year.

That scene with Hodges talking about the horses with Nick and Henry? :guffaw:

I hope someone gets an Emmy nomination for this episode. :thumbsup:

I will so be watching this again. Gotta love the DVR!