Horatio & Yelina Thread #4 ~The Romantic Real Deal~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snickergeek

snickergeek Witness

Re: Horatio & Yelina #4 ~'The Romantic Real Deal'~

I know what Raymond did was just unforgiveable, but when they were standing there and H talked to Raymond, he was like "all I care about is Ray jr..." and H was like "there is a way out but you gotta help me..." and Raymond was justlike "I'm listening.." I think what Raymond did was just for his family, because he knew, he wether was going to jail and Yelina and Ray jr would have had to live under the reputation of a dirty cop all their lifes long. I mean Yelina is just so emotional and stuff, she wouldn't have been able to stand that pressure media would have put her under... so he did it. Somehow really for his family.

At the very end, when he embraced her and was just holding her you could just see how much Raymond really loves Yelina and that's where the problem about HY begins. Because H knows how much he loves her...

2. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

first Lucy congratulation for this wining in photos competitions :D can u pls send me the pics ;)

of cours theirs first meeting was this way :) this is theirs destiny to discern immediately that they both belong together. but i keep wonder did Ray was there in this precious moment ? :p for me at the beginning H and Y was just try to run way of this chemistry . but the fact that they both work at the same place and this long Ray`s missings only increase the tension. as i remeber right H in epi 'Simple Man' excuse to Y that he come seldom in her home after Ray death. for me in this epi H realize that can`t hide forever from Y and his feeling towards her.

H: How long are we going to keep dancing around in circles? or

H: What if I were to say that you wouldn't have to go there alone?
    Y: Do you understand what you're saying?

snickergeek for me H always was the big brother for Ray. Ray in my own opinion is the 'black sheep ' in his family. as mutch he love Y and Ray Jn don`t think that this fake death is the fist mistake for him toward his wife and son. i can see some scenario like in HnM fanfics where H go to Ray house to fix the things between them (R/Y)...

3. inge

inge CSI Level Two

H was always there for Yelina and Ray (at least the last few years) not.
    the facts are that Ray lied to his familiy and he betrayed yelina with Suzie (which I personally wouldn't forgive my (future) husband so easily.)
    yelina believed that ray was dead and I believe if ray haven't showed up, yelina and h would have been together sooner or later. after they would have finished playing their little games. :rolleyes:
    (I'm going out with rebecca because you're dating rick :p)

Ray was apart from his familiy a long time and I'm sure that he missed her and his son a lot (his brother too). but does he really love her? hm, sorry, not sure.

I got the impression that H was a little bit angry with Ray in 10-7. I think he was angry because his little brother lied to his familiy and let them down.

while reading this, don't forget that I don't like ray that much. ;)

4. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Thanks Pusher re my photos. I will send them to you. :)

Really interesting thoughts everyone! Firstly, I think it's very true that in 'Simple Man', H was starting to realize that he couldn't hide forever. I have often wondered what H and Y talked about when H visited at the end of the episode. I have a feeling it was quite a heart to heart over Raymond, but also a relaxing time between them. That scene is a fan fiction writer's heaven surely!

As far as things go on screen, H is still yet to face up to his feelings. Yelina has always been the more direct of the two. It is H who has the self inflicted burden of guilt weighing heavily upon him which stifles any attempt at maybe pursuing a relationship with Yelina. Now that Ray is alive again, H's feelings will be buried even deeper within himself. What will it take to unlock them I wonder? There really is so much potential here.

In the scene between H and Ray in '10-7', H pulled no punches and I agree that he was angry with him, even if it was simmering beneath the surface. I love his opening line:

"How does a man allow his wife and son to believe he’s dead, Raymond?"

That to me says everything about what is different between them. H would never have done something like this. Not that H would have been dirty anyway, but he would have faced the consequences of his actions and not run away from them. He cannot conceive how Ray could do this to Yelina and Ray Jnr. It is something he could never do.

I hope we get a chance to see more of this Caine family drama in Season 5. There are far too many loose ends!

5. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

wow what long posts last night. love to come here at mornimg and to have read interesting points of view. :D most like this one Now that Ray is alive again, H's feelings will be buried even deeper within himself. What will it take to unlock them I wonder? . i really hope this coming 100-th epi to be the answer to ours prayer.

can i again go back to H/Y past. long time ago have read books and one scene from there i tie with H/Y first meeting. sound a lot strangely, but will take the risk...

H work in NY, Y in Miami. at this time in Washington have big CSI seminar for qualification. they both meet there without know one other. at fist look H and Y feel the tension. Y only tell that she have hubby, but want to run away for some days from all her trouble. H respected her needs/decision...and they have lovely time together spent in long walks or quiet dinners. after some months or years Ray decide to introduce his wife to his big brother who just have come to Miami. did u guys can imaginat the surprise ?! :lol:

6. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Unfortunately I don't quite think Raymond was being that magnanimous. For all intents and purposes he has been a selfish self-serving coward who didn't have the intestinal fortitude to do the right thing when faced with the prospect of going to jail (and rightly so, for being an out and out dirty cop). Instead he leveraged upon the fact that both Yelina and Ray Jr would survive without him, thanks in no small part to Yelina's strength of character. So Raymond made a deal with the devil and took off with his skin intact leaving his family lost and devastated at his "passing".

Considering the fact that he left his brother, wife and son to deal with the fall out of all the rumor mongering over his dirty cop "allegations", is yet another indication of Raymond's wretched lack of conscience where family and truth are at stake. As you pointed out that sentence from H to Raymond in 10-7 said it all. There is no doubt that Raymond felt the weight of the truth behind H's question to him. Pity H didn't punch Ryamond in the face as an exclamation point to finish off his sentence. O well, hope springs eternal for the next time they meet.

I think Raymond was more happy that he had escaped his pursuers, and had a flight out of town than he was to see his family again. Remember his expression? He looked like he was set for a routine vacation road trip! Striking denial of the situation. At least of the three adults, Yelina and Horatio were expressing their emotions honestly in their faces and body language.

Horatio's final gesture to Raymond was bleak, uncompromising and pointedly threatening with a very clear statement that should Raymond screw up again with Y and Ray Jr, Horatio would give him an asskicking of redheaded proportions.

So I guess, I'm not in the "Raymond loves his family" camp because from his treasonous actions past and present, he continues to be utterly clueless about the meaning of either "family" or "love". Raymond's day in court is fast approaching. I just hope we get to see his day of reckoning in S5. Horatio, Yelina and Ray Jr deserve at least this much justice.

7. schelle73

schelle73 Witness

*waving* HIYA, A very belated congrats on thread #4. Obviously, I have been out of this for quite a while. This summer has been busy, and I never really felt the motivation to stick in the boat I was riding S4. Apparently, as well, I missed all the hopes for S5, whichi may give me my motivation to stick again.
    And surprisingly enough, my old fic resurrected itself over the weekend. If anyone expresses an interest in such an old story, I'll post the update. Otherwise, I'll just complete it on my puter for closure.
    As to the 'Raymond loves his family' discussion, without putting too much thought into it yet, my inital impression way back was that he did.... his son anyway.
    A wayward fan... Shell

8. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

HIYA right back at ya, schelle! Great to see ya again after along break.

Ugh! s4 left us seasick much, say all of us. Plus having the boat capsize due to blatant ill use didn't sit too well at all.

YAY. Would be awfully good of you if we could keep sharing the story with you. Thanks much in advance.

He may have indeed, in a galaxy far, far away but now he needs to reconnect with brother, wife and son in a more fundamental way if any of them is to ever find reconciliation and closure.

9. schelle73

schelle73 Witness

As you wish Tally :) Thank you much for the interest. Please, do keep in mind that the only beta to this is myself. And this one is a large bit.
    Until we meet again

10. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Tally, your post is so well written. I agree with every word you wrote. :D

There's another thing I don't like about ray: the way he treated Suzie and Madison is not ok.
    once again H was there to cover for his brother's mistake.

Yelina's gesture while hugging ray was also significant. It was like she resigned and she thought that she have to follow her husband.

but in my fantasy she slapped him in the plane or like Lucy wrote a while ago in the yelina thread, she hit him with a frying pan. :lol:

11. Lucy

:lol: Ah, yes, the legendary frying pan! :devil:

If real life hadn't been so hectic today, I would have posted sooner to request your fic too Schell. Wonderful to see you in here again and thank you so much for sharing your new installment with us. Reading it was a real treat and I really hope you continue with it. :)
    My exact sentiments too inge. ;)

Pusher, I agree, it is great to see this thread so full of long posts to read through. We're a resilient bunch. Even after the rough ride of S4 (I loved the sea sickness analogy Tally!) here we all are, almost in recovery mode, as much as I don't wish to tempt fate. Sofia once described H/Y as a journey. Although neither she nor us realised that this would involve a whole season without her :rolleyes:, there may just be a silver lining afterall. If not, we'll just have to keep plenty of Ducky's vodka at hand! Or should that be rum on our pirate ship? We could make the writers walk the plank for what they put us through in S4! ;)

12. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

:lol: Ah, yes, and the legendary pirate ship ! :devil:

Tall great post :D u have write in one place all of ours thoughts and have mention all this half-expressed Ray Sn`s parts of his cowardly character.

The 100th episode of the series plans to do what Miami doest best: deliver a an action packed episode. The show plans to, again, give Horatio Caine a nemesis. "We're going to have a really good opponent for Horatio, someone who's almost playing with the CSIs," revealed Devine. "He thinks he's smarter than them."

i now just have read one new spoiler for CSI M S5 and i`m a little disappoint, coz there don`t have news for Yelina :( but this 'new enemy ' give to me some hope, if i have right translate this info. obviously H will find his wife`s killer and we`ll move forward without any more soup. i do hope this plot to be connected with Y and Ray Jn somehow. this H`s 'opponent' have to be absolutely new for this tv show, maybe ours writers try to make big change. i wish all this stuff to make H family to come back in Miami and to be safe by H protection.

now i`m on my way to read schelle73 new installment :D

13. Lucy

I'm hoping that over the next few weeks we get a few more hints about what they intend to do with Yelina, Raymond and Ray Jnr in Season 5. It seems fairly certain that Yelina will be in the 100th episode (according to what Sofia said in Hummer's link), so it sounds like it will be a pretty intense episode. Intense for all the right reasons I hope! ;)

14. thegluups

thegluups Prime Suspect

No matter how much I would have liked it, I don't think Horatio and Yelina will ever be together, firstly because Horatio married Marysol, but also because Ray was back, I'm saying "was"because apparently we'll discover that he died in Brasil in S5. The only plausible way, is that they might get together because they are both grieving and need comfort from one another, but the twist in the end of S3 and S4 just doesn't coincide with anything we or at least I was prepared for..

15. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

Welcome thegluups.

I am certainly hoping that the spoilers that come in through out the next month or so are positive. I've really been wanting something more official so they can't cancel out Sofia at the last minute. Whoo, just the thought of seeing a s5 premiere promo with Sofia in it. Makes me giddy!

Going to go read your fic schell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.