Horatio & Yelina Thread #4 ~The Romantic Real Deal~

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polina

polina Rookie

Re: Horatio & Yelina #4 ~'The Romantic Real Deal'~

I absolutly agree, I said about it some time ago, I strongly believe that the part of this is becuase of Sofia` s great acting and the whole H / Y story.
    Oh! Why can` t they see it? Why can` they see what we see?

the 4 season is over here and I` m very gald. the last two episodes (the shooting in the Delko and death of Marisol)are so ... it` s hard for me to find the right word, Watching it I several times screemed: "WTF???!!" it was so damn bad, stupid and very out of Horatio` s character ... a lot of stupid mistakes ( funny sometimes but it doesn` t change the whole badness of these episodes) and if at the end Horatio really cared for Marisol than I can do ballet (which of course I can` t, I used to when I was a child)

2. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

^ Yes, I remember that we discussed this in the Miami Forum (about most countries not having seen Season 4 when these stats were taken). TPTB (especially Ann D) love to pat themselves on the back and they are milking this for all it's worth, ignoring this fact completely.

We just have to wait and see. I have to say that if the writers do not do H/Y justice this season, then it is Goodbye Miami for me too. It's just not interesting to me anymore without that romantic tension and great chemistry. Shows like this are two-a-penny, and many of them are far superior.

3. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

I feel the same way. All we ask is for some sustained development of the H/Y storyarc, not necessarily a 'getting together', even though that would be great! ;) We shall see, but having been so let down by TPTB, it is difficult to be full of optimism and trust. I would dearly like to have some kind of sign of where things are headed.
    Same here and that is so true. As Pusher said, we watch to be entertained, not angered - or at least, angered to the point where you really don't enjoy it anymore and stop caring about the characters. There is still plenty of potential and until we know anything concrete, all we can do is hope that the writers can still get it right.

A reminder of what we wish to see again! :D

[​IMG]

4. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Too bad I don't have any inspiration regarding Horatio & Yelina. Else I'd maybe start writing some fanfic about them. One of my hobbies / job is writing, but I don't write on command, I write cause I want to write. And since i don't have inspiration for them I'm not going to bother :p

5. SwanSwan_H

SwanSwan_H Police Officer

Lovely picture Lucy. :D I still feel inspired whenever I watch Seasons 1-3 and the final scene of 'Rio' was nicely done (and when H sees her again for the first time and pauses by the window).

I agree that it is difficult to be positive when the writing has been so poor and the show in general is all style over substance. There's more to come for H/Y, of that I am pretty sure, but I hope by then that the writers have rediscovered their creative juices! ;)

6. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

Thanks for that pic Lucy. Right now it does look like we may have to go back to relying on the H/Y charged episodes to get us through the beginning of this season (at least I hope it's just the beginning and not the whole season).

7. Lucy

You're very welcome for the picture. :) I really should go through my collection and shower this thread with more. It's a nice distraction from the worry of what is going on inside the writers' heads!

Great to see you here again Swan. :D Those two 'Rio' scenes were enjoyable I agree, aside from the 'family' (yawn) thing.

8. SwanSwan_H

SwanSwan_H Police Officer

^ Thanks! :D Always nice to be here, though I only usually get time to post at the weekends. It's always great to see the popularity of this thread and it's my first port of call when I visit this Board.

Welcome to all the newbies btw. :) Plus, thanks as always, to the 'H/Y veterans' for keeping the love alive, in the face of adversity. ;)

9. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

That is a nice picture! Thanks. :) I hope you dig some more up from the collection Luce. :D

Not sure if I qualify as an 'H/Y veteran' yet, but I'm getting there! It's just so nice to be able to spend time with people who know and understand the complexities of all that is H/Y. It shows a real understanding of a character dynamic and often, that is hard to find.

10. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Hi everyone!

Anyways, I just wanted to say, that thanks to Lucy and MiamiDade for all their help and ship list, and icons and such. They look really cute together, and I've been watching episodes on A&E. and in Hurricane Anthony (is that it) he looks at her at the end, and its really cute. He looked in love. :D

and MD, your a total vet. ;) and Luce, quit stealing my treehouse! :D

11. Lucy

Welcome iheartnickcath! :D I was hoping you might stop by. You're very welcome re the icons and info. I'm very glad that you have seen some nice H/Y interaction now, and Hurricane Anthony is an absolute classic.

Some pics from that episode....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:)

Oh, and the Treehouse is where it's at. I've grown rather attached to it! ;)

12. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

^I totally love those looks, I swear. Thats what drew me into them.

I'm glad that I can see more eps too :) Hopefully I'll have the DVD's soon, and get to catch up more.

*moves into the treehouse* You're sharing then.

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

:eek: Hurricane Anthony! *twirls around in circles*

Luce, you just made my day. :D That's my favorite H/Y moment out of the entire series. (And a little bit because that woman saying "You evacuated me" sounded hilarious. :p) I just love how they barely need words to communicate to each other, and that scene was done so well with the music in the background. I just loved how Horatio was observing her, and there was this long scene of just him watching as she finished up her work.

Then of course, we get wriggly Horatio which is 10 brownie points. :D

14. inge

inge CSI Level Two

Welcome iheartnickcath!

Thanks for the pic Lucy!
    Hurricane Anthony is one of my fave H/Y episodes.
    this episode is so special because we see a lot of emotions from both. They were sad because the man died in his garden, then we have the cute scene with the kitty and the last scene is the best.
    I always have to laugh when Yelina is amused about the woman Horatio saved and -sorry, can't describe it better - when Horatio is so cute around her and nervous and doesn't know what to say.

I still haven't found any spoilers about Yelina, but the season is young.

15. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

I know what you mean! Best episode ever. Beautiful pics that capture that scene so well. Ah, good times people, good times. *sigh*

Glad I could be of help too iheartnickcath. A very warm welcome. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.