The Last Movie You Saw - Thread 4

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, May 4, 2010.

1. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I saw the new Twillight movie, I hate to say it was not as bad as I expected to be honest.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Wow, really? You must have thought it was going to be REALLY bad then. :lol:

3. nomi87

nomi87 Victim

The Scorpion king seen it so many times but I still love it

4. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Breaking Dawn. It was a lot yuckier than I thought it would be, lmao. They made Kristen Stewart look so disgusting and skinny and sick, I was actually impressed with that. Otherwise it wasn't that great, other than shirtless Taylor Lautner. :D I think the next part will be slightly better. Honestly, they could have made this book into one movie because this part was really uneventful. Although from what I remember from the book, the next part isn't very eventful either because the end of the book was really boring, from what I remember. :lol:

But as far as Twilight movies go, it wasn't that bad.

5. aaronfalin

aaronfalin Dead on Arrival

I just finished watching the entire "Nightmare on Elm Street" series again. I am currently 3 movies into the "SAW" series for the first time ever seeing them. Next on my list is the entire series of "Final Destination" for the first time as well. Can't bring myself to watch the "Friday the 13th" series (Jason never really interested me).

I know, it's a littel too late for Halloween and too close to Christmas to be watching horror films :) Can't wait to see what my next obsession will be.

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

The Muppets! So awesome. I giggled throughout the entire thing, and even got teary-eyed a couple times... while still giggling! :D

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Tron: Legacy - Oh my gosh, this movie was so much better than I expected. Everything looked so neat and it was never boring, not once. A lot of movies these days have a lot of useless chatter in it, this movie didn't have any of that. It was just interesting at the beginning and then grew in to a really exciting movie. I would definitely watch this one again. :)

8. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

Sherlok Holmes: A Game of Shadows - I liked this movie, I thought it was better than the first movie. It starts out slow but once it starts moving, it's good. Loved the action scenes and the humor.

9. byline

byline CSI Level One

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo." Read all three books, saw all three installments of the Swedish film, and like this film equally. Both the Swedish version and this one take liberties with Larsson's novel, but they have to; otherwise, they'd have to be filmed as a miniseries, not a theatrical release. Both films are superb interpretations of the source material (though I'm a bit surprised that the American version was released at Christmastime ... even though Christmas plays a small role in the story).

10. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I liked "Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows", it wasn't quite like the original Sherlock Holmes, but it was still fun to watch and it had good humor.
    Also saw "The Adventures of Tintin" and liked it. They seem to have changed a few things in the movie (it's been a looooong while since I read the comic series), but it was still a pretty decent adaptation, and it had a lot of good action scenes; plus, they got the portrayal of the characters right.

11. kelsey

kelsey Civilian

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows

Mission Impossiable 4: Ghost Protocol - OMG Jeremy Renner :drool:

both are awesome films

12. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I watched Morning Glory this morning and liked it a lot.

13. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'll preface this by saying I'm almost always disappointed in a movie adaptation of a good book. So, although I enjoyed it, I was also a little disappointed.
    I did not like Daniel Craig's performance at all. Rooney Mara was definitely the best part of the movie, but they seemed to focus more on Craig, which was a mistake, IMO. And the end seemed rushed. If I hadn't read the book, I don't know if I would have understood what was going on. In some ways the movie seemed too long, but for the plot lines it seemed too short.
    Since the book dealt a lot with the psyche of Lisbeth, her past and her inner thoughts, I don't think the movie had the same impact. There was something lost in not knowing what she was thinking, and what made her act the way she did.
    Still, a good mystery and a great character in Lisbeth Salander, and a good way to spend 2 1/2 hours. Just don't expect an uplifting, feel-good movie if you go. And, like byline, I'm not sure Christmas was the best time to release this one.
    ETA: I will say that the opening credits and music were weirdly fascinating!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  14. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

The Artist: It's a French black and white silent movie,set in Hollywood between 1927 and 1932. This movie is absolutely wonderful....., words are simply not enough.

15. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol. I thought it was REALLY good. Tom Cruise was awesome in it, and I don't even like him that much.