Investigation song in CSI: "Compulsion"?

Discussion in 'CSI Music' started by aww_yeah, Mar 11, 2005.

1. aww_yeah

aww_yeah Hit and Run

I was wondering if anyone knows what song was being played on tonight's episode, when Catherine and Nick are first processing the house where the teenage boy was murdered. It was a girl singing, and it was really slow. The lyrics were sort of hard to understand, but I heard "I've been waiting for you to save my life" and I think the next line was something like, "so why don't you let my soul..."

I googled those lyrics and all that came up was some 50 cent song.

Anyone think they know?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: What song was that?

sounded like Computor Girl to me (sp?). i've only heard a song by her/them so far it's pretty cool, this one reminded me of it.

but now i'm dying to find out what that song was part way thru the show, where Nick was in the lab processing something. with that weirdo guitar-riff, sounded sorta New Order-ish. thing is i KNOW i've heard the song before...

there should be a whole section here devoted to the awesome music on the show, both by Graeme Revelle and the extra songs from other artists.

peace,
    -=d=-
    (first post)

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

It was New Order... I need to go through my CD's b/c I can't remember the name of the song... I know it's on Low Life...

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

'Elegia'. I'm pretty sure that's it.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Right on ! I had the chance to check it from my recording of the thursday night show.

About the first song ... computorgirl sounds like it alright (or Benedicte Sveinsson the singer ... check out http://www.computorgirl.com/index.htm) but cannot find the exact song if its them.

Somebody please help that song is GREAT ! (minutes 10 to 12 of the show)

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm not sure of the song, but I'd swear the voice was Lali Puna's Valerie Trebeljahr. http://www.lalipuna.de

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Truly wonderful song. I have been looking too, if anyone can find it that would be awesome.
    Graeme Revelle does the music? No wonder...

8. Fullman

Fullman Rookie

John M. Keane does the music for CSI. Graeme Revell no longer composes for CSI: Miami.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

yeah, the moment i hit "enter" i realized that i was probably wrong about the Graeme Revelle thing...

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

This was posted in the Ep Discussion so i thought i would Quote it here, and will post a link for the person.

11. Fullman

Fullman Rookie

Still researching that, I can't find the answer anywhere, and I'm beyond trying to get the lyrics.

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

hmmm sorry to hear that, but i asked people that if they had a music question about this ep to ask in this thread.
    I know how hard it is to have dups of the same question.

Good luck on finding the song. :)

13. ardenpm

ardenpm Civilian

I believe people are talking about the track playing from around 6m40s to 8:45s. If so, I believe this is by an Icelandic ground called Múm. The track sounds like one called Smell Memory, however the album version of that track does not have vocals, I do have a remix of it which has a hint of the same vocals. I will go through all of my Múm albums to see if I can track it down. If its not them, then the vocalist has worked with them.

Arden

14. ardenpm

ardenpm Civilian

Mmmm, I have checked through my Múm albums (I have all of their singles and albums except the ones in Icelandic) and I can't find the track. I am sure at the very least the vocalist worked with Múm. They have also done a stack of collaborations, so I guess it must be one of those tracks. I will keep hunting.

15. ardenpm

ardenpm Civilian

Ok, this is getting harder, it actually also sounds quite a lot like Stina Nordenstam and also a bit like Lali Puna as someone mentioned before. I don't have all of Stina's albums, I can't find it on any I do have.

Arden