Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

"The biggest public mistake I ever made was that I chose to do 'Criminal Minds' in the first place," he told New York Magazine.
    --Mandy Patinkin

Huffington Post: Mandy Patinkin: Criminal Minds Was My Biggest Public Mistake

No offense, but I've had nothing but bad feelings about this guy ever since he ditched CM. He did the same thing previously on CBS's Chicago Hope. Instead of singing the praises of his co-star Claire Danes on his new show, Homeland (on Showtime), he should be apologizing to his fellow actors, writers, directors, and producers he left behind. :rolleyes:

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

For once I have to agree with Mandy, it was the worst mistake he ever made, I personally don't think he was good enough to do the show.

NOW... I am not intending to discredit or insult his fans, or the fans of his character. More power to you for your love and loyality.

As most of you know I have never been a fan of the actor or his character. On CH I wasn't a fan. The one point I did like his skills as an actor is when he played lol Satan on Touched by an angel. He did a very good job.

If you haven't seen it you can on youtube now this isn't a link to the video's but rather the google search it should be the first couple video's they show couple video's they show. If you can't find the video's from the search try youtube the Touched by an angel eps he was in was 7x23 "Netherlands".

Okay shutting up now lmao. :D:wtf:

3. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

He knew what the show was going to be like. He's a profiler--he gets into the minds of some very sick, twisted people. It's not like he didn't know what was going to happen. If he knew he couldn't handle that type of role, why didn't he just turn it down? No harm, no foul; someone else could've done just as good a job on the show playing Gideon, without all the drama. I don't know; maybe Mandy thought the role was going to be downplayed, but how the hell do you downplay a profiler for one of the FBI's most top departments? I guess he thought he was going to just hold the serial killer's hand and everything would be okay. :devil:

4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Fall TV Preview: As a Tweaked Criminal Minds Team Hunts Killers, a Killer Will Hunt Them

5. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

We've seen several people leave CSI over the years. I've also seen it on JAG,Cold Case and NCIS.
    Not one of them badmouthed the show or their co-stars when they left. And to put it bluntly,Mandy was well aware of the type of show he would be doing. I'm glad he left,both the show and his co-workers are far better off.

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I love to read the comments section, puts a funny twist on the story. There it can tick you off, on the other section their outrage just seems funny.

But I clicked the link they provided in the story, that it orginiated from. New York Magazine.. I am not posting it all you can click this link to read the full.

(Note comments on this link to funny as well)
    How nice of him to not judge my taste, and please don't waste your concern on me, I am old enough to decided that. BTW here is a duh for you, if the show has violence, it doesn't matter if its being done, or asking why, ding-dong violence is violence no there is no reasoning of why in the first place, if people knew that, 9 times out of 10 it wouldn't be happening.

But I have to agree, You are doing a show called "CRIMINAL MINDS" a show that delves into the "MINDS" of "KILLERS", your character plays an "FBI SPECIAL AGENT", for the "BEHAVIORAL ANALYSE UNIT"!!! :scream:

Now am I to believe that when he got the initial script, or went to speak to actual FBI agents who deal with this every hour of the day and was told it would take alot of out you to do this type of show (which the other actors admit being told, and therefore proving you KNEW what it would be like), that he didn't realize that it wasn't going to have more then just a tiny bit of violence? :wtf:
    Heck I knew it when I first heard about it in the news write up! :wtf: :shifty:

I have to agree with some commentors on the two links for this story. If you realized that it was THAT detramental (SP?) to your soul you should have just told them and asked to be released, so that they could in turn make your exit better, instead of acting like a child and just not showing up for work leaving your castmates confused and shorthanded (for which they covered nicely and brought in a awesome new character JM).
    If it was soooo bad on this show, then why didn't you quit when it started in on you, and second why don't you give all the money you made on the show, back to 1. The show, or to 2. a charity/organization of the cast members choice.
    IF it was really that bad for your soul dude.

Oh and I am not gonna believe that headline, "For good this time" sense he has a nortorious habit of being a hit and run after what 2-3 seasons. Lets see him make a forth season before I begin to believe it.

Okay, I think I got that out of my system. :p:eek::D

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  7. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I think Mandy is an a-hole. I wish the producer, Erica Messer had told him in off instead being so nice. I understand why she was nice, but he deserved more crap. Okay, over that now on to the premiere. I am gonna miss Paget aka Emily Prentiss this season, but am interesting to see how this new character is gonna be and the first episode sounds interesting. I am also looking forward to the episode this season dealing with Rossi's military career. I love Rossi episodes!

8. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

So... I like Jeanne Tripplehorn, but I wasn't really thrilled with the season premiere. Seems like there was something missing.

9. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I liked that she didn't like Erin Strauss. And, she's not gonna let her forget it, no matter how many times she tries to apologize. Alex knew sign language, so that came in handy for the case. [​IMG] I just hope the Mystery Guy at the end of the episode doesn't turn out to be like the Fisher King dude.

10. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I am not sure about her. I will have to wait and see. I thought the sewing of the lips was eerie. And the ending where someone was developing photos of the team. So that may be the wow factor there.

11. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Episode 8.02: THE PACT- Those two chick unsubs were insane. The guy they ended up with was creepy. I liked the episode overall and would give it a B+. I did not like that there was not a better reason for Rossi not taking more of his vacation days. I understand not taking all of them, but take at least a couple and go duck haunting like he did in his first episode. Something. (It was nice he gave as many days as possible to people in the FBI with spouses overseas.) I love Rossi.

12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Knowing Rossi, he probably does have a better reason, even if he doesn't want to say what it is.

I'm liking Alex. Her first episode was obviously set up to show off her skills, but she's dropped down to normal main character screentime for the second and third, which I like.

And even though I'm fond of Strauss now, I appreciate that Alex doesn't like her and, for now, isn't letting her off the hook.

Also, that scene at the end of episode three was awesomely adorable.

13. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I too enjoyed the fact that Alex didn't let Strauss off the hook for what she did. Politics or not,Alex got thrown under the bus and Strauss shouldn't be forgiven so easily.

14. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

Watched the first half hour of CM and holy cow!!! I just have one question? What has my sweet Reid gotten himself into??

Though the ending was funny. "I love you." And Reid walks the wrong way. lol

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

OK, just watched "God Complex". Good episode; Ray Wise was great.

Now, about Reid's "Mystery Lady Friend"--why keep her so secret? I know what he told Alex, but does Spence not think the team will like her? She has quirky qualities just like him, so they fit. Why hide her face? Who's the "man" they're both afraid will find out about them? And the biggie: why did she say "I love you" on their last phone conversation (I didn't think they still had phone booths--it's hard to still find a payphone here in Chicago without the booth! :D)? Did she really mean it?

I don't mind spoilers if she was revealed in the Halloween episode. I really hope she doesn't turn out to be unstable, with a split personality or something crazy.