Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Thanks for posting those links Destiny!
    They were really informative, and I found MGG's interview section very enlightening. He sounds really cool!

I'm still very concerned about Thomas' contract though :lol:
    Come on CBS, give him what he wants!!

I'm think I'm going to adjust nicely having CSI follow CM on Wednesdays, it was one of my favorite nights of television when CSI NY was in that slot and now it will make CSI come one night earlier in the week ;)

2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I can't understand why Thomas' negotiation is taking so long. CBS is dumb if they let him go. He's the show. Give him what he wants. He deserves it. The show is rating so well against Modern Family and American Idol. He deserves to be the highest paid actor on the show. Last time I check on TVGuide, Joe Mantegna has higher salary than him.

I agree Wednesdays next season will be great. This past season I didn't have anything lighter to watch after CM. SVU is as dark as CM so I usually watched it in weekends. Having a CSI (Las Vegas, this time) after CM is a great move!

3. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

Does anyone remember that plot line TPTB appeared to be setting up toward the end of the season -- where Strauss is taking extended leave and is maybe seriously ill? If Gibson is trying for the same salary but slightly lesser screentime, Hochner could be temporarily appointed to her job and wind up doing a lot of teleconferencing with the rest of the team, with Morgan assuming on the spot leadership again.

4. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

That would be a good scenario, Elayne. I also like the possibility of its giving them a reason to bring Gina and Mick over from the now defunct spinoff to assist the team, which will now be down a man. While I wasn't crazy about Whitaker and Garafalo in that show, I did love what I saw of Beau Garrett and Matt Ryan.

I also know that many of you don't like to think about it, but the show does need to set itself up for the long haul. Over the next few years, actors will naturally leave to pursue other options, and the producers have to start preparing now. By bringing Garrett and Ryan aboard in recurring roles, they will have characters who are familiar to viewers that can join the team should someone leave and it won't be as jarring as trying to inject someone new who may not have any chemistry with the others (ahem, Fishburne on CSI).

5. modisens

modisens Victim

[SPAM]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
  6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Are they the only ones that are dumb? Again I ask what is Thomas holding out for? the negotations stalled which means he as well wouldn't agree to terms either. Takes both sides to agree...
    What if Thomas pulled a Sheen (made something like 1.25 mil per ep) in terms of contract, CBS should they just give it to him? If they did that, then they would have to lose again one or more of the other stars again possibly is that worth it?.. I mean loads of money, air time, say he wants to be THE main star to the point it makes (AJ, PB, SM, MGG, JM, KV) secondary and with less and less screen time, should they give it to him? Just saying consider it food for thought... :D

IMO They all deserve to be paid highly, and hopefully they are getting what they earn, but what gets me is salaries that are so high for actors (and even movie, sports stars and the like) I mean really how much does one need to do what they love. It's great to get a million per ep but honestly do they really need it? Too many troubles imo. Maybe when you have an ensemble cast like this group, they should just be paid the same amount. *shrug*

But I highly doubt that is what is going on, for all we know it could be a purpose move to draw attention to the show, it worked before try it again. It could be wording of the contract, etc. When/If they are willing to come out and tell we won't know.

Anyway on the 13th Joe Mantegna Confident Criminal Minds Costar Will Return (Excerpt click link for the rest.)
    but at least one of his costars isn't worried about the future of the show.
    "I think it's all going to be fine — I'm not going to hold my breath," Joe Mantegna told TV Guide Magazine, "You'd like to think that a lesson would be learned in that you don't fool around with stuff that's working. I feel hopeful and confident that it will all work out and we'll all go back to work."

"It's fantastic," said Mantegna of his returning costars. "Things happen — God knows why things happen the way they do — but I'm glad it worked out the way it did."
    Minds' seventh season is scheduled to begin shooting next month. (Then tvguide Online asks this question and I will add to it in unlined italics)

Will you still tune in even without Gibson? If yes or no why?

BTW back on May 12th Tvguide said this of Shemar reups.. From $50,000 to $100,000 per episode.
    Also this site Tv Star Salaries. How much do they make - at last report of this site.
    JM made 125,000 per ep. & TG made 100,000 per ep. If I had to guess the others were making around Shemar's salary before he reup'd.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  7. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I have to agree with Joe, they shouldn't mess with the casts. AJ and Paget didn't deserves get fired for no reason. Joe might know something that we don't. I hope Joe is right that Thomas will returns. Thomas has too come back. I think he will return.

I don't know if I'm going to watch without Hotch. Rossi will be on it. Hotch and JJ know Emily is alive.

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I just want to add that I had to edit and add to my post there, so anyone who responds to it, please beware of that. :p:lol:

9. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Destiny, those are very excellent thoughts, and a well said post! It seriously makes me see both sides of the fence.
    I'm probably pretty naive when it comes to negotiations. :lol:

Interesting link to the salaries! Some stars were lower than I expected :p

10. cikmaoto0732

cikmaoto0732 Victim

[SPAM]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
  11. electra

electra Pathologist

Destiny,You make a lot of sense.I just can not wait to find out about Thomas Gibson.It was bad losing JJ and Emily but Hotch is NON-NEGOTIABLE for me.

12. vvvvddccnn

vvvvddccnn Civilian

[SPAM]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
  13. quaderas1

quaderas1 Victim

[SPAM]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
  14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator