George/Nick: Texan Charm #11

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I love the relationship between Nick and Sara - SO much like brother and sister, with him teasing her, but then so worried when she's in trouble.

And yeah, just because they're not copying Grissom's style, doesn't mean they don't have a leadership style of their own. Catherine and Nick are doing just great leading the team! Nick especially has come so far since the earlier seasons; he's learned a lot from Grissom and Catherine, without losing who he is too.

2. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Oh phewy on this 'review'. Of course Catherine and Nick aren't Grissom. When a manager leaves you don't replace them with a clone of them :rolleyes: Marg and George are doing an excellent job this year with Catherine and Nick. Heck we wouldn't have seen Grissom have the heart to heart with Nick about his visit to the therapist. No joking about talking about their feelings :lol: Heck we wouldn't have seen Grissom have the talk that Catherine did with Sara when Mrs G wanted Sara removed from the case.

Sure Nick misses Grissom but Nick's grown so mcuh more this season with being Catherine's assistant. I always felt that Grissom for some reason was holding Nick back where as Catherine is letting Nick be himself.

Don't worry George you're doing a fantastic job :)

Ok now that that is out of my system :) I can get on with my day :)

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

It seems, from the first scene where Mrs. G and Nick are together, that Nick already knew her, so I'm wondering where/when/how they met. Sounds like some good fanfic fodder! :lol:

4. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I wonder (and correct if I'm off base because I'm much better with the visual than the auditory when it comes to memory :lol: ) would Sara and Gil's wedding have been in Vegas? Or even close enough that some of the shift would have been able to attend? I can't remember the details.... I vaguely remember someone discussing the nuptials, but can't remember who, and if that person would even have been invited if it had been close. :shifty: Now that I'm reading this, I'm not sure it even makes sense to me......

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

This is an interview with Marg (a very good interview :thumbsup:) but on page 4 they talk to George. From the sounds of it it was done around when they were filming 418/427. George Says he gets 'seperation anxiety' every time one of them talks about leaving. :( Sounds like he's having a hard time with everyone leaving and is feeling left behind. :(

Susan

6. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

Oh, that boy need a hug and I'm a really great hugger. Come on over here, sweetie.

7. ncismom

ncismom Hit and Run

I'm right behind you...actually, I may be trying to cut in front of you! :lol:

8. Jacquie

I think a group hug is what George needs [​IMG]

9. ncismom

ncismom Hit and Run

You're probably right...of course with our group, we'd never let him go! :D

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, I'm coming back to my peeps with my hat in my hands, asking for help. I've been having a mini-Nick revival (renaissance?) and have been watching old eps in which he figures prominently. I own seasons 1-4 and know them well, but can you guys remind me of a few I should watch from 5 onwards? I can't remember them off the top of my head, with the exception of Gumdrops and 4x4. And obviously Grave Danger.

So experts, whatcha think? Thanks for any help you can give me! :)

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Off the top of my head -

season 5 -Crows Feet ("make a muscle Nicky"), Snakes (can't forget about Snakes!), Swap Meet (Nick & Rick), and personally I like Mea Culpa even tho the team was split in it.

season 6 - Shooting Stars, Poppin Tags (even tho I hate the long hair!), Rashomama.

season 7 - Redrum. Other than that I don't really watch much season 7.

season 8 - A La Cart, Lying Down with Dogs, Grissoms Divine Comedy, Drops Out, For Gedda.

season 9 - Turn, Turn, Turn (definately!!!), For Warrick, The Grave Shift (teacher Nick). The second half of the season was a little slow for Nick because of George's back.

season 10 - Family Affair (it was just good to see him), Ghost Town, Coup de Grace, Death and the Maiden, Appendicitement (definate see!!!), Lost and Found, Doctor Who, Meat Jekyll. The last 2 may be considered Langston episodes but they were real good for Nick fans.

Susan

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  12. BabaOReilly

Yeah, I watched Snakes last night, and the more recent one when the guys take Henry to the rib place for his birthday and hijinx ensue. I almost peed my pants when Nick goes, "Man, I sure rolled that big boy!" after they get run off the road and roll the big Cadi. I'd forgotten about that! :lol:

13. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Some that I can think off:

Turn, Turn, Turn with Taylor Swift

He had a good amount of screen time in Appendicitement, For Warrick, Lying Down with Dogs, Rashomama, Daddy's Little Girl

Drops Out
    Poppin Tags
    Bull

14. Jacquie

Some good season 7 Nick would be Ending Happy and Fallen Idols. Empty Eyes even though it's more of a Sara base episode has some good Nick moments as well. Another good one is Fannysmackin' if only to see Nick punch KFed :D

Season 5, other than the must sees that blackflag mentioned, Compulsion and Who Shot Sherlock (how can one forget Mr Wiggles :lol:),

Season 8: Bull.

I can't really add anymore suggestions to what blackflag/ said for the other seasons.

15. BabaOReilly

Awesome! Thanks you guys. :)

And I just watched King Baby so I could watch that scene with Grissom and Nick in the adult "baby" store. Hilarious!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.