Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Just a back story here, and not to get to 'shippy' when in ep. one Holly was shot they brought in Jorja Fox to be [with WP's approval] his love interest and it never changed, she didn't break up with him, she left Vegas to go on a ship to help the underprivleged, & to get away from Vegas and all the horror of the crimes, not to get away from him:confused: and they've been in touch throughout. And if he changed on this strong bond, how fickle, and I would be so disapointed in him. He's a loyal faithful stay-with-it type guy and he's made up his mind what he wants, and I hope that no one would judge someone so harshly who wants to be happy:)

2. AimeeC

AimeeC Dead on Arrival

Okay, I don't normally post here so I'm sorry if this is meant to be in the shipper thread or something :rolleyes:.

I'm a GSR shipper and I think I actually slighty agree with those who say they don't want the last scene to be GSR. For me, Grissom's very last scene as a season regular should be something that will please everyone who watches the show and not just a group of us. I also think that whichever way his last scene is, its going to dissapoint someone, thats how tv works. I wouldn't complain if the last scene is GSR but I don't think it will justify Grissom's character in terms of his personality etc.

CSI isn't the GSR show, as many people have pointed out, but it does play quite a big role in Grissom's (And Sara's) life. If I'm honest I can't actually see how they could bring Sara back to Vegas, unless Grissom goes to her. I think we may see flashbacks, maybe of Grissom's time in Vegas, and he will mention that he is going to her, maybe to Catherine or even Hodges, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up as I don't want to be dissapointed with his last episode just because Sara's not in it. Personally I would love to see her one more time but I just don't know how it would happen.

Either way, if his last scene is with the team as it is now, on his own or with Sara, I hope I'm happy with it and it does both WP and Grissom justice for the 9 years he has put into the show. I think he deserves that at least, if not more.

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Obviously, I'm in the Sara camp. I really don't want WP and JF's last scene together to be that dreadful office scene in THP. But whatever the ending, I doubt it will be done in a cheesy way. I just hope they show us where he is going and what he will be doing. I think it will be more of a disservice to just have him leave out the door for parts unknown. Tptb have had 9 years to plan Grissom's exit arc; to leave it unresolved would be lazy writing, IMO. They are not going to please everyone, they never can, but at least let it make sense.

There is a new video on the CBS website 'WP Looks Back'. Here is the youtube link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca_9UfrxnuI

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I think it would be both fitting and dramatic if Grissom just walked out the door. We don't need to know where hes going, it leaves it open to interpretation by the viewer to imagine for themselves where he's going. IMHO

5. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I can understand that this scenario would let every person watching come to their own conclusions, but I don't think that is the way to run a TV show. Although CSI seems to be filled with ambiguity most of the times, it's just unsettling that the writers can't take a stand and say one way or another what is going on or going to happen.

It's like all the scenes after Warrick died. Yeah we know Catherine and Nick miss him but it wouldn't hurt to have more than just them reacting to seeing his name on their cell phone or saying the last time they were that far in the hood was with him. Yes we can pretty much KNOW they miss him but it's nice to be reminded of that also.

Yes I'm a GSR-shipper. I do want to know where Grissom is going and if he in fact is going with Sara. But I really think the last thing we see should be Grissom finally content with the decisions he has made thus far whether it be with Sara or not. I'm not as old as Grissom(though I'm closer than most) but I can see being that age and reevaluating your life. Is a career the most important thing? Or is having something more to be remembered by, something with heart and soul? This is Grissom's journey. Just because it may or may not lead to Sara, doesn't diminish it's importance or make him out to be less of a man for making it.

6. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

There's more to Grissom than his relationship with Sara and I would prefer that we not see a big shippy reunion scene as our final glimpse of the man. Not only because I've never been a fan of GSR but because it's been done before: Nurse Hathaway/Dr. Ross - ER.

I'd like to think that CSI would be more original than that.

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay first that article referenced is from July, But there was more to that article then what was written at CSIFiles (which is why they give links to the orginial article), such as this

"In the meantime, Mendelsohn is plotting one hell of a send-off for her leading man. Just as this is a year of transition for CSI, so too is it for Grissom. The events of last season's finale -- specifically the death of Dourdan's Warrick -- will push Grissom to the breaking point. "The easiest way to describe Grissom is 'in crisis,'" Petersen told me. "As a man. As a scientist. As a teacher. As a middle-aged person who has been very successful at what he's done... [he] wonders, 'What's the point?' - "It's all of a sudden becoming more difficult for him to do his job," he continued. "What had been a sort of fun job for him to do, because he loved the solving of the riddle, has become ever more taxing and difficult." - Then going on to say... "While Petersen confirms that Sara will figure into Grissom's final arc, he stops just short of saying the couple will ride off into the desert together at the end of episode 10. "I wouldn't want to say exactly what we're going do -- I want people to watch, certainly," he chuckled. "But Sara is involved... It's often darkest just before the dawn."

Going by what has been said above I think Sara's only real involvement will be that she too was wore down, tired, etc and left. We can not say for sure that he [Grissom] is going to be with her, but rather maybe following her example to leave while you still haven't totally burned out. So before turning this into a ship arguement lets remember that Spoilers tend to be up to intereptation/speculation, and are subject to change at anytime. Not to mention that stars can make it leading in the meaning because they are interepting the script in their own words. Nothing will be for sure until it is aired. Also adding that neither the Futon Critic, or Tv.com have Jorja listed in their credits for "one to go".

Now before the arguing/spirited discussion continues on a ship, let us remember the rules, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and to disagree with said opinion as long as it is done respectfully. ;)

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, they keep repeating his line to Warrick on all of the promos. The line about "when I leave there won't be cake in the break room". My thinking is that the last scene could possibly be cake in the break room. It would be ironic... and a nice send off as well.

However, given the fact that Jorja is not listed in the guest credits, if the ending were a GSR one, I think it's more likely to be something small and simple such as Grissom's phone ringing and him looking at it and the screen saying "Sara" on it. And then maybe him answering it and saying "Hi." like he did at the end of "Grissom's Divine Comedy" (though we still never got confirmation on who called him). That way, it would be something for the GSR fans and and not too over the top for non-GSR fans. :)

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Thanks for posting that jtd94.

Well, I guess we now have confirmation that Petersen will NOT be in the 200th episode.

I didn't think he was going to. I mean what's the point in having all this 'Good-bye Grissom' stuff if he was going to just be coming back in a few weeks.

CM said herself that WP would be on the set for the 200th, but whether is was in front or behind the camera hadn't been determined.

So no more Grissom and I'm going to say Sara too, for this season.

11. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I was hoping for a crossover, since Billy left. It would be better to do a new york one, but Miami is better than nothing. I just wish they would crossover the characters more.

And i really hope Grissom doesn't leave to be with Sara....LAME! Dear CSI writers: Please stop reading romance novels. Thanks!

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

13. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

THANK YOU! Couldn't agree more. I didn't intend for this to turn into a GSR vs. non-GSR conversation, but I'm just hoping they do Grissom justice. Like the promo said, 191 episodes, and ending it with Sara just isn't Grissom at all, at least, not the Grissom that they have crafted for the past 9 years. But regardless, as someone said above, not everyone can agree and not everyone will like the ending 100 %. I just hope the ending doesn't ruin the whole episode.:shifty:

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks jtd. There was a lot of interesting stuff in that article. The thing that hit me the most was this:

I didn't know that. That's interesting.

This cracked me up:

:guffaw:

So, does that mean he won't be on the 200th episode?

15. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Well in this EW Article from July It says that its To Be Determined on which way he will go on that.
    * Finally, the show will celebrate its landmark 200th episode this spring with a blockbuster installment helmed once again by Petersen's good friend (and To Live and Die in L.A. director) William Friedkin. Is it fair to assume that this could be the episode in which Petersen debuts as a very special CSI guest star? "Billy will definitely be on the set for Mr. Friedkin's episode -- whether it's behind the camera or in front of the camera is TBD,"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.