The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by MacsGirlMel, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

I definitely did not mix up any "facts" in that fic. :) I made up a story, yes, but the background and the characters were 100% canon.

Same occupation as the author. Like, oh, say Nick goes to the bank every day and falls in love with the bank teller. Not like I know any bank tellers who would want to write a fic like that or anything tho. ;) :lol:

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think anyone deserves to have someone be mean to them just for a fanfic they wrote... regardless of whether or not their story is filled with incorrect spellings. They deserve to have someone explain to them what they are doing wrong and how they can improve upon it.

Yeah. I just find my jaw dropping thinking that someone actually thought Grissom proved Nick's innocence. Grissom didn't do anything but say something parental like "Nick, you know better than do something like that." I mean, not those exact words, but he definitely came off parental in that ep toward Nick... not that its necessarily a bad thing. But, he did nothing to help Nick besides telling him not to talk to anyone about it. :lol: Cath stuck her neck out for Nick in that ep. If I hadn't already loved the character to begin with, that would have definitely endeared me to her. :lol:

:lol: That actually sounds rather interesting. ;)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

You see I don't think people should flame at all, for whatever reason. You can criticize a story without being mean-spirited and flaming someone. What purpose does the accomplish? Except to hurt the person who wrote the story.

Maybe this author isn't aware of Mary Sue's (like I wasn't when I wrote my first fanfic). Maybe the author is trying out writing and wants to hone their skills. How can they do that when flamers are out there being mean and not being constructively critical? Why tear someone one down and not have the guts to use your pen name?

IMO, flaming has no merit except to be cruel and petty, not to mention being cowardly. However, what goes around comes around and they'll get theirs at some point.

4. GregNickRyanFan

I completely agree, Speedy. To me, flaming (especially serial flaming) is not much different from bullying.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

No, no difference at all.

6. shippyangel

shippyangel Rookie

ooh i can so relate to this topic! :rolleyes:

7. taliarx01

taliarx01 Civilian

ok i'm new here so i don't know if this is the right place to post this but i came up with an idea for a story last night and it's a bit random but i think it has potential, i just don't think i'll be able to write it, i'm the kind of person who gets to five or so paragraphs then can never finish the story.
    ok so here it is. it would be a smallville/csi miami crossover, clark kent still has his powers and he is working as a csi for horatio at the miami dade crime lab, horatio knows about clarks powers and the fact that he is an alien. chloe sullivan also works at the lab as a computer expert in the av lab, and lois lane works for a miami newspaper. maybe some of the other smallville characters could be in it to but these are the main characters i wanted in the story. but maybe tess could be in it too cause i like her (maybe she followed clark because she's obsessed with him?). it would be based in the current seasons of both smallville and miami, so lex would be 'dead' and it would have the current miami characters. i don't really want davis bloome to be in it but the new zod guy from smallville could be in it though. it would be a ducaine fic, and calleigh and horatio would be dating. and maybe there could be a sort of love triangle between chloe, clark and lois.
    ok i'm finished rambling. so would anybody be interrested in writing this and/or helping me write this? or does anyone know someone who might?

8. GregNickRyanFan

Is anyone else having trouble with ffnet? Whenever I try to review a story, it gives me some kind of error message.

9. 915

915 CSI Level One

Yes I can't even get to my login!! I don't even know if my new chapter got up or not its driving me nuts!

10. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

I'm wondering if there's anyone here who can help me out with some information on the western style of horse riding - the little I know about horses and riding is all English style and I'm really not sure how much (if any) cross over there is between the two styles, particularly in terms of terminology and basic commands. I don't want to end up with a dry and dull scene filled with lotsandlotsandlots of research that only horse-people will get, but I don't want those same people going "Wow, this girl doesn't know one end of a horse from the other", either!

(I swear, this does have SOME relationship to CSI, somewhere down the line - though I know it doesn't exactly sound like it at this point!)

11. peggyschultz

peggyschultz Civilian

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not.

I'm looking for someone who would want to write CSI stories with me. I used to write stories with one of my friends, but she's been MIA lately and I miss writing with someone else. Sometimes, especially, when real life gets hectic, i tend to get distracted when i try to write, but i've noticed that if i write with someone else i can stay focused better.

I also miss having someone that i could bounce ideas off of, talk about story ideas, characters, ect.

I usually write stories involving Greg Sanders as a main character. Lately I've been writing stories with Nick and Greg either as a couple or as friends. If you would like to write with me you can email me or PM me using yahoo or windows messengers, my id's can be found on my profile.

12. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

So I've no idea where I heard/read this but I've always assumed that Clare Conrad-Taylor, Mac's wife, was British, but when I asked somewhere else for some info on Mac and stuff and any on Mac and Clare people said she wasn't. So am I definitely wrong, if she isn't does anyone know for sure where she's from. If not no worries, but it'll be handy to know for my fic, if not it's no big deal. Someone said she was either from New York or Chicago. And I know she never actually appeared in the show, so it's a bit of a long shot.

13. Turbidblue

Turbidblue Witness

Is it impossible for an ME to finish their paperwork at home on very special occasions?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  14. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

I don't know the answer to that but it is a very interesting question. I hope someone is able to answer, because I'd like to know too.

15. Turbidblue

Turbidblue Witness

Well, my story didn't go there anyway (as always they never go where I plan to! ;)) but I guess that if nobody has been flaming our butts yet it can't be a that big problem/against the law, so if I were you I would go for it!

Raaah, just finished my first published fanfic and it feels extremely good!