"CSI Down" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 15, 2011.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They may have been together for a long time, but when someone gets married, they may like a little time off work to have more time to celebrate. :D I think they should have some kind of separate leave from work for when you get married like they do for a woman when she's pregnant/has a new baby at home. I think some places even starting giving the fathers paternity leave. So there should definitely be some kind of leave for newly married people. I guess they'd call it "honeymoon leave" instead of paternity/maternity leave lol. But, it should be separate from regular vacation time (which from what I've been told, it counts as the regular vacation time - although I suppose that may just be some jobs lol).

Nick is a favorite of mine too (though I really like all of the current characters), so I hope he has more screentime in upcoming episodes. I hope Nick gets to work more with Greg, Sara and especially Cath (since she's leaving soon) and that they don't always stick him with one of the new characters lol.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

It's call a honeymoon. :lol::lol::lol: After that it's 'you're married?' Whatever, get back to work. :lol:

3. GregNickRyanFan

LOL, I flubbed up on my earlier post. I'm so tired (and I can't nap during the day most of the time, so its useless to even try lol) and I kind of made that post unclear (I've edited now though). What I meant to say was that I've been told by some people that if someone goes on leave for their honeymoon that it counts as their regular vacation, so they don't get the regular vacation for that year. If that's true, then they need to establish an extra thing for newly married people. So say a woman who is newly married could still have her honeymoon leave, her regular vacation and then a maternity leave and not have the honeymoon leave or maternity leave count against her regular vacation time. But I don't know if what I was told is accurate or not. I suppose it would depend on their job/boss.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well, then they work for a great company. Most companies you have to use vacation time, even for maternity leave. If your vacation time runs out, then you don't get paid.

5. GregNickRyanFan

Well, that sucks. Although I guess if you've just had a baby, you won't be going to Disney World until the kid is old enough to enjoy it LOL.

I think Nick going up to the tattoo guy and saying "got a problem, buddy?" is going down as one of my favorite Nicky moments ever LOL. It's definitely in the top ten. :D

6. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

Normally I would go along with the honeymoon theory if George and Monika were truly newlyweds, but they've lived together for how long?

I lived with my ex for months before we got married. He was a commissioned officer in the army right before we got married so it was a honeymoon, Officer Basic Training, and off to Iraq (1990, the first one) he went. We managed to stay together after 20+ years of marriage, but are separated now due to unrelated circumstances.

The point I'm trying to make is that a couple who just gets married doesn't need to have all this time to themselves. Get married, go on a honeymoon, then get on with your life. That's how it works here in the real world. I'm sure George and Monika did just that especially since they've been living together for a long time now.

What I really think is that TPTB listens to whoever is whining the loudest at any given time. First the GSR crowd was whining and BAM....GSR. Then the Nick crowd whined and BAM...Nick time. Then the Greg crowd chimed in and now BAM....Greg time.

None of it has to do with the merit of any storyline or actor. My producer friend tells me I'm wrong, but I'm looking at 3 for 3 so I'm going with my gut on this one.

7. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

I really don't think Nick is getting any less screentime than other members of the cast, other than perhaps DB who IS the new star. In terms of balanced screentime, I think this season has been the best so far in years and I'm sorry to say to the Nick fans, if it means shaving off a few minutes from some of his screentime last season in order to get everyone equal then I'm all for it.

We're on what, episode 5 now and we still have 17 left to go. Characters are going to move in and out of the spotlight over the course of the season and so far everyone's had their turn to shine. Nick and Catherine in the premiere, Sara in episode 3, Greg and Morgan in episodes 4 and 5 and DB has an underlying presence in pretty much all of them but even he took a backseat in this one. I'd expect a lot less of Morgan and Greg now in episode 6.

Is Nick being left out of episodes? No, not at all, it just hasn't been his turn in the spotlight yet and judging by how the first five episodes have been made, that time will come in time.

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I'm all for having a more balanced show, despite my desire for more Nick. :) I like having the show more like it was in the early years. There are some episodes from back then that were Nick-lite but that are still favorites of mine. And there are some Nick-heavy ones that are my favorites.

I think the problem now is that the show became such a circus after some people left and Ray came that people stopped watching for the show itself but rather for their favorite characters' moments. But now that we seem to agree that we like the new format with DB, I think we're going to get back to "normal" as far as what episodes and screentime should be. :) And that's fine with me.

That said, we aren't really talking about this episode, so if we want to continue this line of discussion let's take it to the Character Development/Screentime thread. :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  9. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

I agree, I was having a conversation with a friend on LJ the other day and we both said this was the first season in a few years that we were genuinely enjoying the storylines and not just watching see our favourite characters.

10. Smokey

Same here. :) I have a friend who hasn't watched in a couple of years, but she started again this season and loves DB and the show! She wasn't fond of this episode for a lot of reasons, but she and her family are really liking the season so far. :)

11. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

I'm really not complaining about the Nicky time. I originally was responding to a post that said that he's been in the spotlight all year. That's all.

I've been really sick and am in a horrid mood because I can't get on my motorcycle. Once I get out and ride for a bit, I'll get better, I promise.

Onto the episode. The only real comment I have is that I actually laughed when Morgan got out of the helicopter and was crawling around. Her eyeballs looked like they were exploding out of her head. She kind of reminded me of the cat in Shrek when he does that I'm so cute eye thing.

12. thetalkativeone

thetalkativeone Victim

Do you guys think that Brody's and Ecklie's relationship can be repaired? At the end of the episode it still seemed like she was incredibly resentful to him, despite her ordeal (being led off by DB rather than her father.)

13. Smokey

Ooooo...Puss in Boots! I love him! He has his own movie coming out next week! :D

She really did do a good job in the 'copter, I think. :)

I think that's the way they'll go. I hope so. If a major situation like this doesn't help tho, I don't know what will. Maybe after the shock of what happened wears off she will come to him with some reconciliation.

14. talulaa

talulaa Civilian

The ending of this episode will get me crying every time... Maybe it's my own Daddy issues shining through. And maybe why that's why I loved this episode so much (when I normally HATE CSIs in danger). To me the theme wasn't "OMG someone is in danger, we need to save her," but the complicated relationship between fathers and daughters. And I think the ending summed up the relationship perfectly- wanting to be close, but just not knowing how to. The wall is still up, but now I think Morgan realizes she doesn't want it to be.

15. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I loved this episode - Elisabeth Harnois is a great addition to the cast, I hope she makes female lead after Marg leaves, she's doing a brilliant job, and Brody is currently my favorite character.

Ecklie has a heart, which is always nice to see, DB is a great leader, but Catherine didn't do much in this episode - Marg should've played a bigger role.

As for Jorja - if she's only going to do 16 episodes a year they should use her in them 16, they didn't use her at all. This should have been one of the ones she missed.