Ryan/Jon #22 - Our Favourite Dust Monkey

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by addictedtoSpeed, Mar 30, 2009.

?

What should the new thread be titled?

Poll closed Apr 5, 2009.
  1. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. All In the Accent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Incredible Shrinking T-Shirt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Get the Full Togo Experience Here

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. He's a Superhero in Training

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  6. Just Take The Shirt Off Already!

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Waiting for the Comeback of the Purple Tee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Wolfe's Den

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  9. Dreaming of Wolfe Shirtless

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  10. Wolfe Gang

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  11. Our Favorite Dust Monkey

19 vote(s)
    45.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

A lot of people just inevitably dislike Ryan. If he had not sabatoged the evidence and Billy let die in 7.20, they'd still be saying bad things about him. So it doesn't really matter. That's just personal choice for some people. ;)

2. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Yeah, some people are just going to hate him no matter what.
    He does this too much, he doesn't do that enough...blah blah blah... :rolleyes:
    He could be a living saint and somebody would still say he's evil.

3. Stee

Stee Lab Technician

**is bad Ryan/Jon fan** RL piled up but now I'm back:D almost new thread :eek:now I have to catch up with the talks I've missed

Welcome to the newbies!!!!!!!:beer:

I loved Monday's epi, finally we got a heroic Ryan, and some nice views too;) thanks Kristine for the caps!

I can just agree with the posts above me, many people dislike Ryan for no actual reason, but it's their opinion, but here we all love him and that is what matters:D

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Absolutely,that's why I pretty much ignore those people. I do sometimes let them know that tv critics and reviewers will point out that Ryan and Frank are the characters that offer the most spontaneity on the show.I will also on occasion (like with WISC) when posters are up in arms over something Ryan supposedly did or didn't do, point out that that is the mark of a great character,that he can cause so much controversy.

5. miamifan08

miamifan08 Police Officer

Yeah, I don't listen to the haters! Ryan's an alwsome character because he creates so much conversation and controersy to the show. There wouldn't be nearly as much interesting drama if Ryan wasn't there to create it! And he is a hero! WISC proved that!!! :)

And Flack, amazing pics as always.:drool: They're giving me tons of inspiration for my fanfic...which is bad because it's finals week and I should be doing a paper.

6. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Who cares what the Ryan dislikers say. ;) Look at us. Thread number 22 and almost 23 already? Obviously he's loved by many.

When I first started watching Miami and got really into it I was surprised when I started finding forums and seeing how many people loooved Ryan. I never figured he'd be the popular one on the show. :lol:

7. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Whoaaa. We are getting closer to a new thread.

So much Ryan/Jon love. :)

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'm with you luf.I was surprised when I started finding forums where Ryan was so loved because there seemed to be so many haters.I see there are those that are now growing to love him,but we knew he was special along.

9. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I think I've seen more Ryan love here than on other boards I've seen though. But I'm pretty sure there are tons of Ryan fans out there. Maybe even more than Delko fans!!

I'm so glad they picked Togo for the role.....I can't imagine anyone else playing Ryan Wolfe. He fits the part so well.

Next thread name suggestion that everyone should vote for: Fellowship of the Fishy.

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Sorry but that title doesn't do a thing for me.

Plus there are a ton up in the poll to choose from...adding in anymore would make it too difficult to decide, IMHO.

I think most of the Ryan dislike comes from his taking Speed's place on the team. Though never officially said that he was a replacement, Delko has treated him as such for years; rather hostile at some points. Ryan had to prove himself over and over to live up to the high expectations set by a few on the team, and then when he messes up they jump on him and never let him forget it. So in my personal opinion is that Ryan is doing his thing and there will always be people who want to hold him back or beat him down because he isn't the one they lost.

11. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I think this is very true. A lot of people see Ryan as Speed's replacement which I guess you could call it that but Speed died and Ryan had nothing to do with it so I feel bad for Ryan! But of course the team and Delko especially having been such good friends with Speed expect him to live up to the previous person's role which is unfair. (And I'm a Speed fan so.....) Ryan is a great CSI in his own right and should be treated as such. He's proven himself time and time again. Delko is just mean to him a lot and to be honest, since Speed died Delko has changed dramatically and not in a good way.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I kind of like "A different kind of hero" for a thread title. :D

Ryan is all kinds of heroic. It takes guts to adamantly say to a big dude whose got you duct taped to a chair and is holding a pair of nasty pliers and works for the Mafia that "I'm not telling you anything" and "go to hell". most people would see those pliers, freak out and say "okay I give. I'll tell you whatever you want or do whatever you want, just please keep those things away from me!" But Ryan didn't do that. He held on through what was probably hours of torture and didn't concede until they threatened Billy. And then grabbing Kyle and pulling him out of the way of the blast with no consequences to himself... again, very brave.

13. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I think a lot of people saw Ryan as the "new" Speed. They expected him to act and be like Speedle, and to pick up where his character left off. Obviously, that wasn't going to happen.
    People tend to get a little touchy and mean when you change something they have come to know and like, and bringing in Ryan was something that the viewers may not have been ready for yet.

And I agree GNRFan, I like that title too. Ryan is a special kind of hero! :)

14. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

What is the deal with the fishy? I don't get it.

15. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Ryan had some statue of a fish or something in his bathroom window in Wolfe and Sheep's Clothing. It's in Hollyyo's sig. That's the deal with the fish.

I dunno, I find it annoying how people who liked Speed hate Ryan because he replaced him, (even if not technically he did take his place on the show) and I would find it annoying even if it was a different character who replaced a different character. If Ryan died, or if Jonathan wanted to leave the show and they wrote him out whatever way, and some new guy/girl replaced him I wouldn't hate them. Sure they wouldn't be Ryan but it's not their fault he left. :rolleyes: *sigh* Oh well there will always be the people who don't like the characters, it's not just Ryan people hate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.