CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

or maybeeeeee.. lindsay AND rikki (if ever she returns) both get knocked up with his child? haha i dunnooo. this whole pregnancy thing is shaking up the show.. for the worse unfortunately IMO.

2. nikirex

nikirex Hit and Run

Don't hate me, but i'm happy to read this, because i loved D/L in Season 2 and 3, it was so cute and sweet, and Lindsey was absolutely likeable, in the 4. season i hate her, too, because she was annoying. I hope this pregnancy-thing bring back the old-Lindsay.
    And I think it don't need to be soup-opera, it can be a sweet thing in the background, it don't need to be the most important thing in the show (like when Kelli williams was pregnant in The Practice, IMO it was cute, and the show wasn't about it). If it will be that way, i think it won't be so bad, it won't destroy the show.
    And don't forget that AB is pregnant, not only on the screen, it means that she'll need to work less,without reference to what's happening in the show. She'll certainly appear much less and miss a couple of episodes!

3. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I agree with what you said. I like the idea, too. Not because I want a baby to solve DL's problems or to cause new drama. We had more than enough of that. But it can be a really interesting storyline, if it's done well by the writers. And it'd be interesting to see a CSI from New York with a kid. I don't think you have to see the baby every second episode. Or turn the pregnancy into the center of the show. Just a mentioning here and there would be nice. And she is not the only CSI in the three shows who has a child. But I don't think a child would automatically turn the show into a soap opera either. We'll just have to wait and see what the writers will do with that. I think they'll already have a plan. I don't know how they'll handle a pregnancy storyline, but we'll see it.

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I don' care Anna will have less screentime. it's natural because of her pregnancy

But i can't tolerate because of it the show will become into the old soap opera: CSI Junior High and as Smacked fan and Stellarina fan i feel betrayed by writers

It was Stella's story!!!!! It was going to be a good Smacked season (even without the kind of scene any shipper would expect. But Smacked family is happy is anything. We have survived 5 years with tiny stuff) and suddenly BOOM! (yeap, i need to quote Danny on this one)

I was truly happy about this season because i expected good stuff for ALL characters. Even Lindsay's storyline seemed quite interesting (finally away from Danny!), Donnie's sister, Sheldon, Adam's crisis,etc, etc

Now the only thing i want it's to turn off my tv

Debbie (Needless to say i am NOT happy at all)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  5. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

I think this story at first disappointed me but now I can see the potential for an amazing episode. I am not going to say its all going to be rainbows and butterflies because lets be realistic here its Danny and Lindsay and when have things gone well for them? :rolleyes: Yes I do ship D/L and am excited for the new story but this is something that has to be handled delicately and well.

And I honestly cannot see anyone but Danny being the father. It just wouldn't fit with the character of Lindsay in my mind. She is NOT a selfish whiny bitch IMO and would NOT do that to Danny or anyone else for that matter. Besides I don't think her pregnancy is going to be all about Danny. We can bring up her aversion to mothers and how she is going to handle taking care of a child and as far as I know as a single mother.

6. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i'm looking forward to the storyline of Lindsay being pregnant but with the way the show was written last year i'm kinda nervous about how it will be handled. like Brinchen and nikirex said this does not have to turn into a soap opera and be the main story for a while and cause more drama b/t D/L (that would suck sooo bad).

i like D/L a lot but they don't (and should not) have to be the main focus of an ep. their little moments they have here and there are great b/c they don't happen all the time. last season i was ready to punch both D/L and the writters out they were way too much last year.

hopefully this storyline for Anna/Lindsay will be written well and not tacky and dramatic.

7. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yep, I agree with you on that. Like always. :D I also don't see Lindsay as one who runs to another guy and then gets pregnant. That would be completely OOC in my eyes. I think it's his. And I also don't see it all being about Danny or DL or drama. It will also give Lindsay the opportunity to work on her problems. I wonder how she'll handle being a mother herself, especially after all the problems she had with facing other mothers. It's a completely new storyline, and like you said, if it's done right, it can be really interesting.

8. LME

LME Police Officer

I have to agree with Brin and nikirex.

I admit that I was not to happy with the thought Danny, Rikki or Lindsay having a child when the thoughts of this started a while back.

However, I think that if TPTB take their time and do the storyline justice it will put an very interesting dimension into the show and will make it different to the other two CSI shows.

Yes the other shows do have parents, but this development will be enable them to show what it could be like for a pregnant CSI in really life (as much as you can in TV land).

Yes the storyline will contain drama but I can also see that it may provide so lighthearted moments as well.

9. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Meanwhile i thought Lindsay needed her own storyline and i never disliked her (Meg is my whitness :D) i find this quite stupid

Besides Smacked and Stellarinas fans will suffer the consequences. Hello! we also exist! :(

Lindsay needs to shine for herself not fot being impregnated with anyone's seed

If it is in this way she will be forever Danny's appendix

Debbie :(

10. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Meg, I totally agree with everything you said. Personally I don't think that Lindsay being pregnant is going make her character worse (I love Lindsay and think Anna is an awesome actress), personally I think it'll be good for Lindsay's character development, it's not something that's been done before on CSI, and I think that if the writers deal with it in the right way, it has great potential as a storyline. I think it's going to be interesting to see how the whole situation plays out...

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I find it quite fasinating that a pregnant Rikki would be a "soap opera" but a pregnant Lindsay, who is supposed to be too good for the cheating scumbag Danny and needs to be developed as her own character, is all of a sudden "good drama." Anyone being pregnant, meaning Rikki or Lindsay, has the potential to be "soap opera" or "good drama" depending on how the story is done. I guess Lindsay really isn't worth more than being with a "cheater."

I also don't understand what Lindsay or Danny and Lindsay have to do with Stella or Mac and Stella, who aren't together on the show anyway. But maybe that's just me. Lindsay having a kid doesn't automatically mean Stella isn't going to get any decent screen time.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  12. sherry

sherry Dead on Arrival

I can't understand people being so nasty to Anna/Lindsay. Her character is written for her, she only plays the part that tptb give to her. If her "character" is whiney then it's not her fault!I've always found her to be a very likeable character who I often empathise with. I enjoy watching the show, I like all the characters and I admit to shipping Danny and Lindsay, but I get really upset with the way some people make personal attacks on someone they've never met.
    Congratulations on your good news Anna, and I hope everything goes well for you. Let's hope that the storyline keeps everyone happy!:)

13. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Seriously when have we EVER said that Rikki is a soap opera?! Honestly, and I just admitted that I wasn't too keen on the idea for both Rikki and Lindsay. I think it just makes more sense for Lindsay to be pregnant because what role does Rikki play after the baby is born?

I have seen more people saying that if Rikki has a baby that provides good drama and Lindsay being a soap opera. So it goes BOTH ways and to say that all of the DL fans are so happy about the pregnancy is unfair.

14. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Hey, that's exactly what I'm thinking as well. :) Lindsay is a very likable character, and I think the storylines Anna gets, she plays really well. I'm very happy for Anna! Those are great news. And I'm also happy for her that she doesn't have to hide her pregnancy for another season. Last time you could see it anyway. :lol: This time they'll have it much easier.

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

PA--> as far i understand and considering the spoilers i read in other places (and here too) the one who was going to be fire was Stella, not Lindsay. And Mac was going to fight for her. Even when we don't get kisses or hugs or pool table scenes a "mac fighting for Stella's job was very promising after last 5 episodes of S4. That's why i'm so upset about this point

Btw I like Rikki. I felt something strange weas going on and i really feel sorry she won't be around as much as we thought at the beginning

And i say again this storyline of "ZOMG-LInDS-IS PREGGS-WITH-DANNY'S SEED" is a total Soap Opera

I really feel sorry the character will be destroyed in this way :(

Debbie :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.