Danny/Flack #7: Flack Makes It His Business

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Faylinn, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Thanks for reviving this one! :D I liked their banter in "Damned If You Do," too. Gone are the days, though, where Flack would lift crime scene tape for Danny and totally cater to him! Now Flack makes him go after suspects on his own--"Your turn!" from the premiere--and lets him go sewer diving alone. :lol: Too funny. Danny is a total brat, but yeah, when push come to shove, Flack is totally boss. "All in the Family" is still one of my favorite examples of this--and one of the best episodes overall for these two.

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Oh, how I long for the days when Flack was totally smitten with Danno. *wistful sigh* :p But the sewer scene this week was definitely cute. And I'm sure they get all hot and bothered when they take a perp down together. *waggles eyebrows* :devil:

This moment was good, too:

[​IMG]

Aww - now that's a bit more like it, Flack. He doesn't have those 'Danno is so cute when he says stuff' moments as much any more.

3. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

I was trying to get screen shots when they would show both of their faces at the same time when they were together, but then something would get in front of the camera and block it. They were too fast for me and I just don't have the patience or energy to go back and try again numerous times. I feel TPTB were purposely teasing the Danny/Flack fans. :p

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Resurrecting this thread because of a spoiler for the S8 premiere. Thanks to TheChaoticBox for bringing it to my attention:

In addition, we'll see the moment when Det. Flack and Det. Messer met for the first time as they arrived on the scene at the World Trade Center and formed a bond that will last forever.

I can't even . . . :adore: I'm so excited for the premiere and hope it's just a taste of some awesome Danny/Flack interaction to come this season.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  5. Faylinn

Dare I hope this spoiler will help resurrect the ship? :lol: I think we've all been hibernating, but anything between Danny and Flack will be great. They're still my OTP, although I will admit that I've been cheating on them a bit with Mac/Flack/Jo. :p (In my defense, Jo is awesome. And multishipping is awesome too. ;))

Related to the spoiler Perfect Anomaly posted, there's also this:

Click to see the full-sized images:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Don Flack Jr: Saving Danny Messer's butt since day 1. ;)

I really hope that, since they're sharing a flashback, we'll get a scene in the present between them where they talk about it. I assumed each flashback would be a personal moment of reflection, but since they have a joint flashback, I have my fingers crossed!

This is going to be a very emotional episode, and I'm glad they're focusing on some good things even though they're looking back at such a tragic day. I really feel like the premiere will pay tribute to those who died on 9/11 while also acknowledging the strength of the people who lived through it. Having Danny and Flack meet on that day, starting a friendship that's been visible for seven seasons (albeit more in the background as the years have passed ;)), is an interesting choice.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I've never been that involved with shipping. Yeah, I've made a few posts here and there about a few ships and read fanfics for different ships, but I've got to say I really adore these two. I adore the subtext, but I also adore the canon friendship and devotion these two show each other, too (Flack more than Danny ;)). I'm really, truly hoping S8 brings back the "dynamic duo" feeling of seasons past with these two.

7. Top41

Thanks to PA for reviving this thread! :D These two are great, and while there was more to talk about between them pre-season 5/6 or so, there's still a lot there.

Those pics are awesome. I love the idea that the day they met, Flack saved Danny. Talk about setting the tone for the relationship to come!

The subtext is totally fun. Subtextually, it's mostly all Flack--if there's something there, it's probably unrequited. :/ But they do have an interesting dynamic--Flack is the strong one, the rock, while Danny is the emotional wild child who needs Flack to rescue him. Flack seems to need to save Danny as much as Danny needs saving, though (witness All in the Family, for example). And there's the fun banter, which is just a treat to watch.

8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Some interest sparked

So I'm bringing this thread back up :)

Have fun shipping :thumbsup:

9. FlackStavros

FlackStavros Victim

i wouldn't say it's unrequited nor all Flack because you need two to tango and while Flack has been the one showing evident displays of affection, that doesn't mean Danny never felt something deep inside, like for example, in Personal Foul they were much too comfy just being the two of them in that basketball game and Danny's evident annoyance when they had to end their "man date" because of work....

10. Faylinn

I'm bringing this thread back from the grave because I was reminiscing about CSI:NY not too long ago, and I was hit with nostalgia. Man, I really miss these guys, and shipping Danny/Flack with everyone here. I've got some great memories from this fandom, it's too bad that all good things must come to an end.

They'll always be my first real ship, though. :adore:

Maybe I should watch some episodes soon. "Blood, Sweat and Tears" sounds like a good place to start.

11. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

It doesn't end as long as we still care. I'm still reading tons of D/F fan fiction.

12. Faylinn

Oh man, I haven't read fic in...gosh, years now. It's actually kind of scary how fast time has gone. A lot of the fic I read a long time ago was deleted, I should look around for new stuff when I have the time to get sucked in. :lol:

To Do List:
    1) Re-watch CSI:NY (especially key D/F episodes)
    2) Read fic
    3) Cry a lot from nostalgia :p

13. Top41

Awwwww, man! I miss you guys, too. :) Shipping this pair was totally fun back in the day. Danny and Flack were totally the cutest.

14. Faylinn

They were definitely the cutest! Danny was an adorable little pain in the ass, and the way Flack used to look at him like he hung the moon, just...ugh, my feelings.

I'm not crying, you're crying. ;)

"Blood, Sweat and Tears" is the first one on my list to re-watch, I think. Classic D/F episode. (OMG I can't believe it's been almost a month since I posted in here before. Time fliiiiiies!)

15. Top41

Yeah, Flack's smitten looks totally made them so fun to ship! And Danny was a little pain in the ass, but he was Flack's pain in the ass, lol.

"Blood, Sweat, and Tears" and "On the Job" were the big standouts from season one, right? I feel like I might be missing one. A lot of the episodes that focused on Danny, like "On the Job," "Trapped," and the Ruben episodes, were also good D/F episodes.