"Miscarriage Of Justice" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Air Date: Thursday, February 19, 2009
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#914) "Miscarriage of Justice"

WHILE LANGSTON TESTIFIES AT THE TRIAL OF A RESPECTED CONGRESSMAN, NEW EVIDENCE COMES TO LIGHT THAT THROWS THE CASE INTO JEOPARDY. - While Langston testifies in the trial of a respected Congressman, new evidence sends the CSIs back to the lab to reopen the investigation

SERIES REGULARS:
    Dr. Raymond Langston: Laurence Fishburne
    Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
    Nick Stokes: George Eads
    Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
    Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
    David Phillips: David Berman
    Hodges: Wallace Langham
    Wendy Simms: Liz Vassey
    Riley Adams: Lauren Lee Smith

GUEST CAST:
    Henry Andrews: Jon Wellner
    A.D.A. Hardt: Kathleen York
    Mrs. Griffin: Melinda McGraw
    Defense Attorney Whitten: Miguel Ferrer
    Congressman Griffin: David Starzyk
    Judge Himmel: Vanessa Bell Calloway
    Dominic Humphreys: Steve Kazee
    Amber Jones: Elizabeth Chomko
    Tommy Ruby: Clayne Crawford
    Officer: Tomiko Martinez
    Matty Moore: Christa B. Allen
    Melissa Humphreys: Amy Stewart
    Officer Mitchell: Larry Mitchell
    Dr. Stewart: Rick Worthy
    Reporter #1: Natasha M. Dixon
    Reporter #2: Josie Di Vincenzo

WRITTEN BY: Richard Catalani and Jacqueline Hoyt
    DIRECTED BY: Louis Milito

THANKS TO: "The Futon Critic"

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

This ep despite how much it sounds like another ep seems like it'll be really good. I'm curious what's happening when everyone in the court room starts screaming and Cath ducks her head.

3. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

I hope this is as good as last week's episode. As far as the court room commotion, I don't think it will be anything big. If it is, cool, if not, cool. As long as they don't do anything too bad to Langston, I'm good. ;)

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I was wondering about that courtroom drama scene myself. The promo probably makes it look it more that it is. I'm excited to find out.

5. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I want to know how the guy in the promo gets a gun past the metal detector cause most courthouses do have them. Unless he has some sort of faked ID

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Great cast list. You have Miguel Ferrrer who was on the show Crossing Jordan, Kathleen York, who was seen in Desperate Housewives and had her song "In the Deep" featured during CSI: NY, David Starzyk was last seen in last week's episode of Desperate Housewives and was in past episodes of CSI: Miami and CSI: NY and of course a script from Jacqueline Hoyt. It's sure to be a great episode.

7. Micha

Micha Rookie

I thought it was the suicide of Dominic Humphreys....

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Wow. No one's posted anything about the ep yet? I think this is the first time I've been the first to comment. :lol: Anyway, here we go:

Have they had Superdave stop wearing his glasses like they did with Danny on NY?

Sounds like Riley might have issues with people killing themselves. Perhaps someone in her family or an ex boyfriend did or something. Hmm... interesting.

Nick: Humphreys was the Congress man's little b*tch. :lol:

Why was Nick asking Greg if Riley was okay? Why would Greg know anything more than Nick would?

Loved Cath telling the congressman's wife that she would have killed him instead of the other woman. I would too! Especially since he knew they'd been trying to have a kid and he knew sleeping with some random woman would be risky. Apparently he didn't use protection either or maybe the protection failed. Either way, he knew the risks and didn't care if his wife lost the baby apparently.

Love the team scene at the end.

Cath: Teamwork.
    Greg: Makes the dream work. :)

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I enjoyed the episode and liked the TEAM element of it. Something that was lost all these years during GSR angst. It's nice to see the team together.

And I'll say this, I'll take the ratings dip if it means more team shows like this.

Riley was being a total Canadian girl there with her beer!:thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I still think there's too much Langston focus...I know Fishburne is the big name now but I hope there are a few eps where he's not center stage. ALthough actually it was a little bit toned down this time.

Do we know now why a CSI 1 was testifying in court btw?

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Overall I really enjoyed this episode. It was an interesting case to follow and not what I was expecting from the previews. I like it when I am pleasantly surprised.
    Maybe SuperDave has contacts now! :) Or got laser eye surgery.

Yeah sounded like Riley did have someone in her life do that. I think Nick said it to Greg because he knows they are more friendly with each other.

I loved that end scene too. Out for drinks instead of breakfast...nice new team thing to do.
    I loved that Greg said the last line. :lol:

I am all for episodes like this too where the ALL the CSI's work a case together. It is so refreshing to see it again.

Ray did not bother me with his screen time as much in this episode for some reason. I think it was because I thought the others at least had a fair share.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  12. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

A quick summary for now:
    * A very enjoyable episode. Loved Cath in 'cop mode' in the courtroom.
    * Loved Riley with the widow. Finally we get a little hint Riley's background, and maybe what's to come.
    * Loved Nick, Greg & Riley at the house. The guys realize that Riley's a bit affected by the case.
    * Loved the Cath/Greg/Riley scene in the hallway. Greg gets to search the closet with the lawyer present. Riley gets to search the widow's clothes. "I'd rather have the lawyer." LOL
    * Cath giving Ray a pep talk in her office. I like how she mentioned to him that it was she who made the final decision to sign off on the evidence from that case, and wasn't Ray's fault. That reminded me of the scene she had in Season 5 with Nick & Warrick about how Ecklie was her problem, not theirs, and that she'd take the blame if they got in trouble for not following Ecklie's order to close the case.
    * loved Cath telling the wife that if it were her, she'd shoot him, not her.
    I'm guessing it's contacts.
    I remember back in one of the early seasons that Sara told David to 'get rid of the glasses and grow some scruff' if he wanted to get a girl.

13. CSI ADAM

CSI ADAM Hit and Run

This was a very good episode. However, a couple things to point out.

1. Once again, way too much Ray - I know he is new but they need to even out screen time more. Oh well, at least I know a great Nick episode is coming in 2 weeks.

2. They should of expanded on Riley more - I was really interested in why she wasn't herself this episode. I wish the writers would of expanded on it more.

Other than those two things, I though it was very enjoyable.

14. NightWitch

NightWitch Hit and Run

I thought this episode was just your average, "run of the mill", and a bit hard to follow. It was better than last week's, but still not up to par with a lot of the earlier eps that made the show what it is. But I don't expect too much in season 9. Still a good show though and still watchable. :bolian:

Everyone else already said what I had in mind, so I'll just respond...

Yeah - the more I see/hear of her, the more I can't stand her. :angryrazz: I really didn't like her when she first came on and I like her less and less with each episode. I think people with little children who kill themselves are selfish to some extent, but then again, I also think people who judge those who attempt/commit suicide fail to understand the severity of depression and how hopeless it can make one feel. I think those people are very judgmental and quite ruthless at times... depression is a serious mental illness. I'm currently studying mental illnesses for my Master's degree and so many of them are just brushed off as nothing - they should just pick themselves up and go on. Yeah, well that's very easy to say. And also very judgmental. That comment of hers just pissed me off!!! :scream: Maybe if he had had little kids, I could see some credence to it, but he didn't. He had no one vulnerable to depend on him. I can't stand Riley - I hope they get rid of her. She's nothing but a cheap replacement for Sara and Sara would NEVER have said anything like that!!!

Nah... I think she's just an idiot.

OMG!!! ME TOO!!!! I was thinking the exact same thing!!! I never understood women who are more angry at the woman than their cheating boyfriend/husband/whatever. Don't get me wrong... I don't condone doing that at all - but the man is the one who made the commitment, whose betrayal is far more severe, etc. I can see being angry at the woman, but not more angry than she is at the man!!! That just doesn't make any sense (unless the woman is her sister or something like that)!

Really?! :adore: Woooohooooooooo!!! I hope he takes off his shirt!!!! :drool: :devil:

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

You're right. Sara was dull and probably would have said something worse.