Season 8 Ratings

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Friday's re-run of To What End? brought 7.290 million viewers and a 1.2 in the demo.

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

:(

3. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

That looks bad, but it ranked 18th in viewers for the week. See here. Of course it's the 18-49 demo ratings that count.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Ratings for last night's Clean Sweep from The Hollywood Reporter:

5. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Sounds good to me.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Those are the highest ratings since October, so it definitely sounds good to me. Also, it had the same 18-49 score as Blue Bloods (which usually scores higher). I hope this is a good sign for the show going forward that it could return from winter hiatus with higher ratings (especially with the six-week hiatus coming up).

7. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Well if next week's does well (not just in the numbers, like, the ep itself is good again) at least it'll go into the hiatus on a strong note and hopefully stand a better chance when it comes back on. Personally as much as I hate to go six weeks without new Mac, I actually prefer bunching what episodes we do have, mostly together instead of scattering them with a 2-3 weeks between eps and having to keep close track of when a new one is airing and all that. I think with only 18 eps, this hiatus could actually be a good thing, considering. I like the show, and if keeping new eps together keeps me more keen to watch it, I hope it means more 'normal' fans will be more inclined as well.

8. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I am so glad the ratings are holding. I LOVE CSI: NY!

9. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I am glad the ratings are strong too...but I am also preparing myself for the end of the show.
    Eight years is nothing to sneeze at and I'd rather see it end on a high note then sputter into nothing.

10. PerfectAnomaly

Ratings for last night's episode from TVLine.com:

Another strong showing. Hopefully it will continue and influence CBS to take a serious look at giving NY one more season.

ETA: Here are the numbers for the lead in as a frame of reference:

11. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I gloat! :lol: I tried watching 'Gifted Man' and couldn't stand it! Really liking these two ratings :)

12. PerfectAnomaly

Yeah. I've seen bits and pieces of AGM and haven't been impressed. It's very nice that 2 million people are tuning in to NY even though they aren't watching the lead in.

13. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Yes, I have watched A Gifted Man a couple of times. I think Patrick Wilson is quite sexy but I just cannot get into that show. I would rather see him in movies. He was quite hot in Morning Glory.

Anyway, back to CSI NY. Glad the ratings were up :) But while I am happy, I honestly feel like it will be cancelled.

14. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

Me too..I hate to sound like a broken record but the signs are all there. Moving it to a night where the ratings won't be as good and reducing the episode order are not good signs. You don't reduce episode numbers for a show you intend to keep on the air.
    I will say this...I am glad we got an 8th season of 18 episodes of CSI NY..then none at all.

15. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

I don't necessarily think that this is the end (of course, I'm hopelessly optimistic, sometimes to the point of foolishness, when it comes to CSI:NY). they've been pulling pretty strongly, considering. I'm more worrie about the six week Hiatus. I think that there's a good possibility it kills what strength it has, and that worries me :(