Renewed/Canceled/Info shows

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by RBC, Feb 25, 2007.

1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Lastly, The CW’s fall plan looks like this; new series are in CAPs:

MONDAY
    8 pm Gossip Girl [new time slot]
    9 pm HART OF DIXIE

TUESDAY
    8 pm 90210 [new time slot]
    9 pm RINGER (with Sarah Michelle Gellar)

WEDNESDAY
    8 pm H8R
    9 pm America’s Next Top Model

THURSDAY
    8 pm The Vampire Diaries
    9 pm THE SECRET CIRCLE

FRIDAY
    8 pm Nikita [new time slot]
    9 pm Supernatural

2. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Does Couric's show spell curtains for General Hospital?

:scream: YEAH IT DOES!!!! :scream:

She's gonna take the 3pm slot which is GH's timeslot, how dumb does ABC think we are?

Unless one of the new shows like The Chew :angryrazz: BOMBS and I think and hope it will, GH is a goner, even if she ends up taking a one of the new show's places, they'll find something within the next 2 years to take it's spot

3. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I'm so glad Nikita didn't get cancelled. The audience ratings have been so low (I think for one episode it got a .8 audience share.:eek:) I was sure it was going to get cancelled. Another CW show survives certain death.:)

4. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I haven't seen Nikita, but I've seen the ratings which greatly surprised me. Sometimes it seems that only 1 million people at a given time have watched it :eek:

I was a HUGE fan of La Femme Nikita on the USA network some years ago, never missed an episode from start to finish and still love it to this day. I thought maybe I'd watch the new version, but just never have. I have so many other shows I tivo that I haven't that much time, and I think I was a little afraid that I would be disappointed.

5. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Yep...Nikita probably won't be winning it's timeslot anytime soon but it's one of the few shows on tv that remind me of the late but great show Alias. It's a fun show to watch if you set down all expectations...kind of like Glee.:)

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I haven't been able to find any confirmation for this yet, but my mother told me she saw somewhere online that NBC has canceled "The Playboy Club". Anyone know if this is true or not?

7. sharp52092

It's true

8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

NBC Shuts Down The Playboy Club

Susan

9. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't last long from the first time I saw a preview of it... but I knew even more when that parents' group started hollering about it. Really, it might have had a chance on a cable channel... but something like that just isn't going to survive on regular tv channels.

10. GregNickRyanFan

My brother told me that they canceled that new show called "Free Agents".

11. sharp52092

I'm not surpried though what really surprises me is that is wasn't cancelled first because it only had 1 million viewers

12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

The New Charlie's Angels has been cancelled. Never watched it. H5O seems to be the only remake of a show I've watched the original of that I've been able to get into the remake of.

Susan

13. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Same here, even though I watched the original Charlie's Angels, I had absolutely no interest in the new version.

H50 I do watch, starting occasionally last year, but now I've watched the new season right from the start. I really like it, and I too, watched the original. Guess that speaks volumes about my age :lol:

14. GregNickRyanFan

I knew that would get canceled. I never watched it because it was on the same time as something else I watched.

15. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From TV Guide online:
    TNT Cancels Memphis Beat
    Oct 14, 2011 06:39 PM ET
    by Natalie Abrams

TNT has canceled Memphis Beat, the cop drama starring Jason Lee, Deadline.com reports.

Beat, which centers on an easygoing, but fiercely dedicated detective in the south, pulled in just 4.05 million viewers in its Season 2 finale, the second-highest watched episode next to the series premiere, which drew 4.3 million viewers.

"TNT has decided not to pick up a third season of Memphis Beat," a network spokesperson told the site. "The network thanks everyone involved in the production of Memphis Beat for their work on the series, including the great cast and crew. TNT wishes everyone the best."

As previously announced, the network also axed Men of a Certain Age and HawthoRNe. TNT's other series — Falling Skies, Franklin & Bash, Leverage and Rizzoli & Isles — have all been renewed.