Dislike a Ship?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by calleighdelko, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Re: Dislike a ship??

I've never liked this concept of being "anti" another ship. I just don't think it's healthy to declare yourself a member of a group whose only policy is to hate another group.

2. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

^^ I know, I don't "hate" any ship. But it's just nice to have an outlet to express what you're feeling towards some ships.

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

This is just a thread to state what ship/ships you don't like. It is not that different from the debate threads except there's no debate in here. It's just stating which ships you don't like because you think they wouldn't work. Also, please make sure to state why you think they wouldn't/don't work.

If you don't wish to discuss what ships you dislike (if you have any), then please don't post and tell others it is wrong.

Also, this is not a hate or anti thread. It is merely a dislike thread and I would appreciate it if everyone who posts would keep that in mind and not use the words hate, can't stand, or anything else to that effect.

Please keep it to dislike, do not like, don't see, stuff like that only. ;)

4. Bev

Bev Pathologist

I've got to agree with you on that. I really dislike the idea of "hating" other ships. Its the fuel that feeds flame wars.

5. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I ain't keen on the whole Grissom/Sara thing. I just think they are way too alike to ever work realistically. I don't mean any offence to GSRs, we all got opinions and this is mine lol. I like Grissom, I like Sara, just not together. You can probs guess who I like Grissom with... :D I think Sara would be much better off with Nick or possibly Greg.

I also can't see the Cath/Warrick thing, I adore Cath and Warrick is a dude, I just don't put them together. Again, no offence meant. :D

6. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Hate is such strong word, I don't like the hate. I don't like to see Sara with Greg, I don't hate them, just don't like them together as a romance couple. I like them as a brother and sister, Sara is protected of Greg, as she does with Nick. Nick and Greg does need protecting from the bad word, who will give them protect, Sara. Sara never yelled at them, she just listen to them, just like the other should have listen to them when they not busy with the case.

I don't see Catherine and Warrick as a couple, I see attraction with each other, I don't hate them either.

I like Snickers, Grillows and GSR. I'm leaving it at that.

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I don't know what the deal is with the 'hate'--the point of the thread seems to be about saying why you don't think a ship would work. You don't have to 'hate' something to think it wouldn't work, and it's possible to state your dislike of something without 'hating' it. If someone has a problem with the idea of expressing dislike for a ship, well, there are other threads to visit. Besides, this thread had 13 pages before it became inactive, so people were obviously able to answer the question before. :)

Now, to the point of the thread.

There are any number of pairings that I wouldn't see, but the only one that I personally dislike at this point (from CSI:NY, since I don't really watch the other shows that often) would be Danny/Lindsay. I don't think their characters mesh together so far, and I don't like the way that the characterization has been off (from what I see, at least) when they are meant to be in shippy scenes.

8. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I don't see Catherine and Warrick as a couple either, Especially not now. Plus the whole he's married, and if he wanted her, he should've got her when he had the chance.

and I don't see Catherine and Novak together either, he was a jerk to her.

9. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I'm not really into having canon ships on the shows themselves (I like them in fanfic better), but there is one ship that I do dislike.

I'm not fond of the Danny/Lindsay pairing at all. I never have been and don't know that I ever will be. I tend to see everybody on the shows as friends and there's very few I would actually want together.

NY - I can't see Mac/Stella - I love them working together. I love their friendship. I just don't see them as a couple. They have too much history.

Miami - I can't see Horatio/Calleigh - it's kind of like the Mac/Stella thing. I love their friendship and work relationship.

Calleigh/Delko - they too seem too much as friends and Delko I get the brother/sister vibe from them..

Vegas - It's hard to say because I watched Vegas way before I ever started shipping. I see them all as good friends/co-workers.

10. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

I agree, hate is such a strong word. I don't hate GSR in any shape or form, some of thier scenes are cute but I just have other preferances lol.

I ship Purejoy aka Grillows and thats about it. :)

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I don't understand Grissom/Sara. I mean, I know Sara's always had a thing for him, and that I get. But it just seems so... uncharacteristic of Grissom to ever do anything about it. I never thought that he saw her that way. I always thought that he thought that she was too childish about the whole thing. The fact that it's cannon now utterly baffles me. It just feels... wrong to me.

I totally agree!

12. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Couldn't agree more DragonflyDreamer. I just never got that G dug her so to speak lol. I'm just hoping it doesn't take over the whole show. I don't think it will.

13. BlueStarlight

BlueStarlight Rookie

I do not like Grissom & Sara together. I'm Sara multishipper, so I like her with everybody besides Grissom. He was playing that hot/cold thing with Sara and I didn't like it! My favorite is Sara & Greg.

14. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

I don't like Cath/Grissom. Not because they aren't totally cute together but because I see them as friends. And I don't make a habit out of sleeping with my friends. :p I'm just sayin'. I love them as friends. Just not as lovers.

Same goes for the Sara/Nick. Buddies.

So no, I don't have an actual problem with any ship - I'm a hopeless romantic at heart and would swoon at any sign of love, even if I could live without it in my show...fanfic romances do tend to turn out better. ;)

But those two are the ones that I would most likely raise my eyebrows at.

15. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

The only one I can't stand is, unfortunately, the only one they decide to actually put on the show - Grissom/Sara. Two characters with absolutely zero chemistry. I'm basically open to anything else - opposite sex or same sex.

No matter who I ship, I wouldn't even want my favorites to be canon. It just ruins the entire dynamics of the show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.