CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Dude, did you read my mind or something? :lol:

Exactly, since Danny didn't talk to her in season four, the chances of him talking to her in season five will be pretty much zero. Even with the phone call in 4x19, I am extremely doubtful Danny will ever talk to Lindsay about things. Disregarding the hilarious way he sounded throughout the call, everything he said was just 'bribery' which was revealed by what he asked of Lindsay at the end of it, to 'come over to tell him that in person'. He never said anything about him telling her anything. (To Lindsay's credit, she didn't fall for it and that was proven just a while later when Rikki showed up at Danny's door and it was all dark inside Danny's apartment. Lindsay never went to see Danny.)

Another good proof he most likely never will? When Lindsay told him she'd 'fallen in love with him', he never said anything remotely close in return, not even when he made the phone call to Lindsay in episode 4x19. 'I miss you' is hardly the same as 'I'm in love with you too'. Half a season later and going into a new one, he's yet to say it, and seeing as Rikki is going to be a part of his life again, something tells me he could be saying the three words to Rikki instead, particularlly if he goes searching for her even after she's moved away and she told him to say 'goodbye'.

I think his decision to turn to Rikki was not a light one at all. It was clear throughout the latter half of season four that Ruben's death was always on his mind; we're given hints of it in almost every episode between episodes 4x11 and 4x16, and all the way to episode 4x19. It was in episode 4x16 that we were shown proof of Danny always having had Rikki on his mind as well, and that he really yearned to ease her pain in whatever way he believed he could. Not only that, it was revealed to us that Rikki forgave him and even said it to his face because she knew he was still blaming himself for Ruben's death.

So Rikki becoming a psychotic vigilante killing men like Ollie Barnes is very unlikely. :lol: It would be a very illogical thing to do for a woman who has the strength to forgive the man whom she could very well have blamed or hated for her son's tragic passing. If anything, Danny is the more likely one to snap like that, especially after everything he's gone through in the past couple of seasons.

And yes, I agree with imaguestage that Danny pulling Ruben's memorial pamphlet out meant he was still dealing with his guilt. Flack telling him into his face that he had to stop blaming himself for Ruben's death didn't cut it. Even Rikki, Ruben's mother, telling him that she forgave him didn't cut it. The only thing that did seem to assuage his guilt/grief was easing Rikki's pain.

So yeah, having thought about it some more, I can definitely see Danny turning to Rikki once more, start afresh with her and help each other heal the right way this time. He did acknowledge to her that using sex to assuage their pain had been the wrong way to go about it, but he certainly never said anything about not wanting to have a deep emotional connection/relationship with her. I'll go as far as say that might very well have been what he wanted to tell her before she stopped him and requested him to just say, "Goodbye." There's no doubt Danny was very upset at the mere news of Rikki moving away; his face said it all.

2. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I don't see this at all. I think Danny was upset because he realized how wrong he was to do that to Lindsay. Rikki was just there to help heal grief and that's the wrong way to go about it. I think Rikki's decision to leave was the right one and that if she comes back it's a bad idea to get her involved with Danny. Sleeping with a guy isn't going to bring your child back or help deal with the grief.

3. LME

LME Police Officer

I'm with you on this one. I think he was upset because he was finally seeing how his behaviour was effecting the other people around him.

4. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I, too, am wary of this news, but not because I think Riki Sandoval is an evil, home-wrecking whore. I'm leery because this reeks like a rabid meerkat's asshole of bad soap opera angst. I smell the sweet, putrid, nuclear baby-diaper tang of baby drama wherein Riki reappears to tell him that his scores at the gun range are a dirty, dirty lie, and that he hit the target bang-on. What follows will, of course, be a convoluted string of overwrought baby drama. Lindsay will discover that Danny has been showing his "special piece" to other women and have an ass kitten on live television, one with a sleek, brown coat and sharp little claws. Danny will be unable to cope with the prospect of fatherhood and go into denial. Paternity tests will be ordered, and the results will arrive during February sweeps. Flack will counsel Danny to be a stand-up guy.

I will reach into my skull, rip out my brains, and gnaw on the sweet, juicy brain meats until the show makes sense again. I will also petition the network to remove the show from the crime drama category and re-classify it as sudsy, bodice-ripping, musical bedsprings hopscotch horseshit.

And then I will lock myself in the bathroom and tweeze my pubic hairs one at a time. You know, to dull the pain.

The resultant noise from that endeavor will sound eerily similar to the godawful performance of Laura and Sophie on last night's Nashville Star. In other words, like a cat being artificially inseminated with a gold-plated Garden Claw.

5. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I don't believe he'd be upset at the 'mere' news of Rikki moving, it could be part of it of course but I seriously doubt it would be the only reason for him being upset at that point.

I'm not even sure it was that, again it could be part of it though. To me, the point that he became visibly upset was not when Rikki said she was leaving (he looked surprised then imo) but when she said there were too many memories. He had that crestfallen look about him as though he was once again flooded by the memories of Ruben and what he saw as his part in Ruben's death. I think that's how Rikki saw it as well, which is why she knew he was about to launch into another apology and she stopped him.

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Isn't Turbulence the same episode of the baseball game and Stella flirting with the fireman???????

I guess i'll enjoy it very much because of Mac and Stella, Adam and Hawkes (i only need Flack and my perfect combo is up) :D
    Well i'll enjoy it until the flirting scene anyway :D

You can't never get everything you want but time to time you can get something you need (too much House lately :D

Debbie :D

7. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

La_Guera, your post was just... I was speechless :guffaw: I do hope that dark vision won't come true

I think batting cages were mentioned for that episode, but I may be wrong.
    I'm also looking forward to Turbulence though, seriously, I wish it was someone else instead of Mac on the plane :) two episodes after he was a hostage, he's now on a kidnapped plane? That guy's very busy :lol: (or maybe I'm confusing sth here, think I heard the plane will be kidnapped)
    and it'd nice to see Stella flirting, maybe this time he won't turn to be a psychopath :rolleyes:

btw, do we know whose trial Mac is trying to get to? I thought for a while that it may be Gerrard's but I guess there would be no need then to fly to Washington? (yeah, I keep hoping we will get some answers about Gerrard THIS season :lol:)

8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

How wrong he was to do what to Lindsay? They weren't dating so it's not like he cheated on her. Besides, Lindsay getting with Danny would be the wrong move. After telling Mac it was a mistake to get involved (involved doesn't mean they were dating) with a co-worker, she'd really look like an idiot to get 'involved' with him again. I'm pretty sure that both Rikki and Danny know that sleeping together won't bring Ruben back. That's not what they were doing. It was a way to ease the pain, temporarily but it still eased the pain. It's not like Danny and Rikki are the first people in the world to use sex as a way to ease pain. Nobody knows, unless they've been through it, what you're capable of doing to ease the pain of losing a child and no matter what you do, that pain NEVER goes away but everybody needs temporary relief.

How was his behavior affecting others? I don't see how his behavior has been affecting others. Danny did not get upset until Rikki said she was leaving. It was evident on his face that he was visibly upset when she told him she was leaving.

What else upset him? As I stated above, he didn't get visibly upset until he found out Rikki was leaving and then he tried to say more and he hushed him. We have no idea what he was going to say and can only speculate but I doubt it was to just wish her well.

ETA:
    No, it wasn't specified. It just says 'trial'.

Yes, she's in the batting cages and he's waiting his turn.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  9. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

You never know, I hope it does have something to do with Gerard or at least, as you say, we get some answers.

It'll be good to see Stella get back in the saddle so to speak, even if it is just in a casual, flirty way. :)

Guilt, grief, Ruben. I explained it further down in my post. Where you saw him visibly upset at the point of Rikki saying she was leaving, to me his face fell at the mention her 'too many memories'. Too many memories = Ruben.

10. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

;)
    Hey Fighter!:bolian:I don't think it will be so important scenes inside the plane considering the whole team (or almost) will be there to help him;)
    Unfortunately as interesting as it seems to me the fireman thing clouds a little bit the storyline for me beyond the fact i will enjoy any single episode of it (except the flirting scene for obvious reasons:lol:

Thank you 1CSIMfan you too for the confirmation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) I wonder for how log Mac will be in the plane because if the team goes to help him i doubt the game will take the whole episode:confused:

Debbie;)

ps: I can't help but loving your avvie Fighter:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

11. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

Thank you :) you're the second person to tell me that, I'm starting to feel like a star :eek: ;)

and don't worry, true love will overcome all difficulties and Stella will finally realize where she belongs (ok,to me she may as well belong to Flack :devil: but that's not that topic :lol:) and yes, it'd be interesting to see the team working together, esp that, I guess, they would try to help Mac from quite a great distance at the beginning :)

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I meant what else besides that.:rolleyes: We already knew he was upset over Ruben, grief, and his guilt but why would he all the sudden get upset over those things at the exact time Rikki said she was leaving?

Once he discovers the murder, they go back to NYC. Also, Stella's not at an actual ballgame. The batting cages are for practice. It's a small fenced in area where a machine throws pitches and you practice hitting the ball. ;)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

That doesn't explain or justify why Danny and Rikki can't have a relationship in the future or have feelings for each other.

Danny becoming upset ... if it was because of 'what he did to Lindsay', why did he only become upset after Rikki told him she was moving away? He was perfectly fine before that, even chuckled and accepted Rikki's gift. He certainly showed no signs of upset or guilt then, not even when he told Rikki that using sex to ease their pain had been wrong, thus acknowledging his mistake. Like I said before, he never said anything about not wanting to start over with Rikki/emotional connection/relationship.

And I dunno how this could possibly be overlooked/ignored even now, but it was DANNY who really wanted to have sex with Rikki. Rikki was the one who insisted it was 'just sex' and he was the one who insisted that she stayed with him, to the point of enticing her with his special Messer omelette. So, no, she never slept with Danny believing it would bring back Ruben. She was the one who knew that the sex wasn't going to remove their pain, which means even if she eventually does go into a relationship with Danny, it doesn't necessarily mean it's 'only to deal with her grief or bring back Ruben'.

If anything, it'll probably be Danny who wants to continue being a part of her life.

Heh, a big wave of deja vu just struck me. :lol: We've had this debate before, in the Switch of Scenes in 4x19 thread. Your interpretation, my interpretation, both are equally possible.

What's canon, however, is that Danny really did become visibly upset only after Rikki told him she was moving away. Before that, he was just fine and even smiled. And yes, of course Rikki saying 'painful memories' was about Ruben, but your argument is implying that 'thinking about Ruben's death and his blame for it' is what made him look upset and that's not necessarily true. Wouldn't Ruben be already on his mind when he talked to Rikki about it being a mistake for him using sex to ease her pain? Hasn't Ruben's death and his guilt always been on his mind?

Heh, now that I think about it, there's another equally valid reason why Danny would look so upset when Rikki mentioned moving away due to painful memories. It was proof to him she's still in pain, and it hurt him to know that. So the argument that Danny was thinking about Ruben is just as likely to lead to future Danny/Rikki in season five, with Danny searching for Rikki after she's moved away because he knows she's still hurting as well as himself and still wants to help each other heal, but doing it the right way this time.

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

This is all starting to sound more like a shipper thing than a spoiler thread. Is it just me? :confused:

15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^That happens when the spoiler can be turned shippy and talking about Rikki's return was certain to lead to talk about Danny and Danny/Rikki.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.