George/Nick: Texan Charm #12

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

So seriously... no one else is concerned at all? Boy, you are a stalwart bunch. ;)

2. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

It will sadden me if next season is the last season. It is a show I enjoy watching, yes, simply because of George Eads.

I do hope the writers will focus more on the team now that LF is leaving because I got tired of the Ray show.

I would love to see less gun toting Nick and more Gum Drops/Last Laugh/Eleven Angry Jurors, etc Nick.

3. BabaOReilly

While I agree, those were awesome Nick moments, I get the impression George has sort of enjoyed Nick becoming THE MAN. :lol: I'd like it they keep him balanced in the end.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I agree. I love the way his character has grown and matured over the years. It's very realistic...the most realistic on the show, in my opinion. :)

5. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Yes, I agree too. I love Nick's progression as a person, as good as he was as a young man, I just love the way he is now. He is everything a good man should be!

I guess in a way I'm more concerned about whether George will re-sign for next season than I am about the show not continuing. I think the show still has plenty of life left, and from what I can gather, it still has the highest ratings of all three CSI's, and I do watch them all.

Since I've only been watching about a year and a half now, I'm not among the crowd who has been disappointed with the last few seasons. Yes, I miss Grissom and Warrick, and I got tired of the *Ray show*, but I've liked all but a couple of episodes, as long as Nick has had good screen time and cases.

As soon as I started watching, I instantly became a Nick fan, and went back and watched every episode of the 11 seasons, so I would be very sad to lose George and the show now that I'm totally into them both!!

I'll take Nick/George any which way, and I think gun-toting Nick is pretty hot :devil:
    I remember an interview with George where he said he took this role because he wanted to pack heat :lol:

6. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Like ladybronco, I don't have the same sort of nostalgia for Grissom and Warrick that some people seem to have. I have all the DVDs, so I can (and do) watch them anytime I want, the same as the first time I watched the show. :)

I don't mind Nick pulling his gun sometimes, but it did get a bit too much when it happened almost every single episode this past season. I understand why, it's believable progression, and I definitely like him more mature, but I'd still like to see a bit more of the "science geek" showing through the tough guy. I'd like to see the show in general get back to the forensics/science more than it has been lately.

I have a lot of "hopes" for next season (George returns, Nick as supervisor, George as lead, ensemble show, more 2-case episodes), but I try not to "worry" too much. As much as I love CSI and George, it's still just a TV show. :)

7. BabaOReilly

^^^ Well said. And I totally agree. :)

8. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I'm sure one of you ladies can refresh my memory but isn't today THE day?

You know, when George leaves bachelor land forever?

9. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Yes, I believe it is.

I hope we get to see a picture or two.

10. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I hope we get some news too, I woke up thinking about it this morning :lol:

Being on a Friday kind of surprised me, since I always think of Saturday's as being the day for weddings, mine included. Of course, we had to worry about us and our friends work days, which I guess doesn't really concern George as much :D

Anyway, congrats to George & Monika on their big day! :beer:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  11. BabaOReilly

I hope they have nice weather. :)

Congrats!

12. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I'm hoping for a picture as well :)

Congrats George and Monika :beer:

13. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I wonder if DLA will tweet something later today....I'm sure with George and Monika's permission of course

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I was hoping that too. :D But the last Dustin was posting on Twitter/FB it seemed like he was currently in Vegas. :( Of course, it's not a very long drive. ;)

15. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

And an even shorter flight :lol:

I thought maybe he was there too, but some of his latest tweets are generic so it's hard to tell. As usual, a lot of music and basketball stuff. I noticed he tweeted about an old Vegas friend passing away, so maybe there's a funeral involved up there. It will be interesting to see if he get's the go ahead to use his name in a CSI ep like he wants.

That said, I certainly hope he's wedding bound and will be allowed to pass on some news to us!! :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.