Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

apparently this isn't an april fools thing

CBS to flip CSI and Mentalist

:mad: :mad:

oh c'mon cbs i like csi right where it is and lately its done well against grey's

but i knew they were planning this a couple of weeks ago when they had switched the reruns, i'll bet next season it's permanent

2. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

I'm not at all happy with this flipping thing. CSI is the only show I watch live. My son's alarm goes off at 4:30 am (his room is next to mine) so I'll only be getting 5 hours of sleep instead of my usual 6. :scream:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

When is this flipping thing supposed to happen (i can't get that link to load for some reason)? I'm actually okay with it cause now I don't have to choose which to watch and which to record between CSI and Supernatural. :lol:

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

^^^^^
    From The Futon Critic :

EXCLUSIVE: CBS TO FLIP FIRST-RUN "MENTALIST," "CSI"
    By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- CBS is flipping the time periods of its Thursday dramas "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and "The Mentalist."

The one-week stunt, confirmed to the site exclusively this morning, will see "The Mentalist" air at 9:00/8:00c with "CSI" at 10:00/9:00c on Thursday, April 1. Last month against the Olympics, the Eye swapped repeats of the duo but this is the first time it will do so with originals.

Rumblings of a permanent switch have been heard for a while as "The Mentalist" frequently outperforms its "CSI" lead-in.

5. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Damn it!! :mad:

I start work at 3 a.m. I can't justify only getting three hours of sleep. Now I can't watch CSI when it first shows!!!:scream::scream::scream:

DAMN IT!!!!!! :mad::scream::mad::scream:

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Okay, the Mentalist??? Seriously? All the hype about 'EIGHT NEW EPISODES' wasn't enough to bring in viewers so they have to flip the shows??? :confused:

Hopefully it will be just for one week. And I need to remind myself that CSI comes on at 10 that day instead of 9! :rolleyes:

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Praetor can't you tape or record it? I don't know how I survived before my DVR was installed:thumbsup:plus my old VCR, still using it at times. Just a helpful suggestion~

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ugh, switching the times. I think this will hurt CSI. I mean how many people change networks when The Mentalist comes on?

I mean they can't really get a feel if it helps by doing just one week. :wtf:

Ugh!

9. Desertwind

I don't care one way or another I don't watch "The Mentalist" so it doesn't matter to me at all:cool:The ratings will tell the whole story, after this ep. airs, once a CSI fan always a CSI fan time isn't the issue~

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I agree Speedy, it will hurt CSI i think. People do switch the channel after CSI, or at least I do so leading with the Mentalist ( I don't watch that show) will turn people away.

*sigh* So I guess the hot kiss between Catherine and Vartann isn't enough to keep viewers at 9pm? :confused: or Hodges and Wendy or Nicky and his cheerleaders or more importantly, the DR. Jekyll storyline.... :confused:

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Or maybe the Parent TV Council thought the 'kiss' and 'the panty sniffer' title was too much for a 9pm show. :lol:

But, remember, this is just an experiment. I would think the network would just announce the change if it was a sure thing.
    Maybe CBS figures if CSI fans have stuck with the show through all the changes, they can handle a time shift.
    It will be interesting. I don't think The Mentalist will do any better, but I might be underestimating its popularity. Personally, it's better for me because I also like Fringe and The Office, so I'll have more disc space on my dvr.

12. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Oh, I do. Fridays are usually hectic for me though so I can never watch it then and Saturdays are wild cards. Plus I prefer watching it as it airs... it has it's "fresh out of the package" flavor. A day later and it starts to smell. :)

Basically, this just gives me a reason to complain. And I intend to. :lol:

13. Desertwind

:lol:That's cool, we all complain about something at one time or another. I watch it and record it, to write down my comments, the 2nd time around. Guess I'm a real fanatic:cool:

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

It does say it's just this one time....for now. :) And maybe the lead in will increase the ratings for CSI. Let's hope so!

And now, since we're over 1,000 posts here, the discussion may continue in the new thread, Spoiler Discussion Part 3. We'll leave this one "stuck" for a few days tho.

Have fun! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.