Gary #8: Chicago's Finest

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Jade_Nolan, Sep 1, 2011.

?

new thread title

Poll closed Sep 15, 2011.
  1. Time stands still when you're having fun!

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. Chicago's finest

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. We steal toasters too!

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. We are Gary's girls

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Women have reckless crushes on him..who, us?! nooo...*nods* yes

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

erm, funny thing about that.... I'm pretty sure he wears it because he's, well, balding. :alienblush:
    I see I have a lot of catching up to do! I should have known better, I almost forgot about this place. shame on me!! I will do some serious catch-up when I find a place with better internets...
    I'm glad he's okay, I was actually looking for any recent concert pics (like from brooklyn?) I saw a bunch up above, I'll look at them more indepth after this, but from what I saw there doesn't really appear to be a scratch on him. which is good, right?

right?
    kidding :)

2. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

Ohh:guffaw:I didn't realise he was going bald :alienblush: well the man is 57, he still looks 10 yrs younger.and welcome back! I started to think ou forgot about this place too :guffaw:

3. legitlyobsessed

I had. Did everyone get to read this? It talks about the crash, and I am VERY ANGRY to report that google alerts did NOT tell me about this.:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I can't imagine how scary that is for him, to be in the car one minute then in the ER and not know what happened. I hope he didn't get too scared. :( I'm sure the nurses told him once they saw him wake up unless his band mates got there.

5. legitlyobsessed

Oh, god, I didn't really think about that. But now that we have any info, do we have any New Yorkers on here that went to the concert? Did he say anything?

6. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Here Gary in natur. These are already a few years back. Now he is even more gray what looks also good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I have to confess, I think he just looks sexy with the way his hair is.

8. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Oh yes, hi looks very good with gray hair and no macup.

9. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

:drool: :drool: still so sexy and handsome. Especially second one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Even here he is so handsome :drool:

10. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Well no not bald exactly.... He's had that one spot in the front-ish for aaaaaaages, and it really isn't noticeable the majority of the time the way he does his hair. But every once in a while like in one of the BTS interviews for Forrest Gump or when he was in 'Alibino Aligator' I believe can you tell. Not sure if it's why he wears a baseball cap for concerts, but I think also he seems to simply be one of those people who wears them as kind of a "purpose statement" if you know what I mean, since they usually have to do with NYPD/FDNY/branch of the military/his foundation/the base he's playing at/etc.

Here's a link with the radio interview he did where he talks about the whole thing for the first time -

http://wcbsfm.radio.com/2012/04/25/...t-dan-band-surviving-a-car-accident-and-more/

And from the COUNTLESS car accidents I've been on and the relation of an off duty first responder who happened to witness the accident and was on scene until EMS got there (the guy posted on Gary's wall stating who he was and that he'd been there first and talked to him and wondered if he could possibly find out anything....very respectful and didn't break any privacy or reveal anything that wasn't released except that he talked to Gary on scene), our poor guy suffered a moderate concussion that caused short-term memory loss of the incident. And yeah, that's got to be kinda scary for the person involved. I've taken loads of people who are awake and talking to me and can tell me their name and everything, but can't recall or retain information about what happened and ask me over and over on the way to the hospital the same, "What happened?" question every few minutes as they re-forget. I'll tell them over and over again, "You got in a car accident and you're on the way to the hospital." But a couple minutes later they've forgotten again, so to them it's like they passed out until the immediate concussion symptoms start subsiding (which is relatively quickly - a couple hours tops) and they feel like they 'woke up', even though they were awake and talking and able to tell you their date of birth the whole time.

And I LOVE the pic of him in the aviator sunglasses!!! :drool::drool::drool:

11. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I did see that post from that EMS guy though and liked that he didn't give out any private information.

It is nice to see him out and about again though. Someone on FB had posted that they saw pictures of him and video from Friday night and were upset that he seemed tired and bothered by the pain.

I can see him being tired from flying cross country as to redeye, that would tire anyone out but from the pics he doesn't look like he's in pain even though does look a bit tired. Didn't think the person was very nice in posting it on his wall like that but then 8 or so people 'liked' the post even though she felt we would understand if he needed more time off.

I'm betting he was just DYING to get out there and play with his band and maybe he was a bit apprehensive about going out again after what happened last month.

EDIT: Oh, I love that pic with his aviator sunglasses. :drool:

12. legitlyobsessed

Oh, definitely. He's the only guy who can make balding look good :p

13. legitlyobsessed

No, not bald, but Balding, and we're probably both right :)

Thanks, Jade! I knew I could count on you!
    That's probably pretty par for the course. I was imagining much worse things, especially in the article which mentioned Physical Therapy.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  14. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Hey, no problem! And yeah, google alerts really failed on this one. I had to find that link on my own....:shifty: The physical therapy they mentioned would be for the whiplash and probable neck sprain he suffered. Once I found out in that interview that the vehicle he was in was rear-ended while they were stopped, everything made complete sense. Basically what happens with that sort of accident is that your body is at a complete stop inside the vehicle. When the vehicle gets hit, your head "stays in place" while your body moves forward with the vehicle it's "part" of. Then your head snaps forward to catch up with the rest of your body and the vehicle resulting in hyperextension and flexion of the neck causing whiplash, and your brain to "bounce" into the front of your skull causing a concussion. Not sure if that made entire sense and you could visualize what I mean, but I tried :p :lol:

15. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I have been in a slow speed fender bender that didn't require hospitalization but it sure is kinda scary.

Anyone know if Moira or his kids go with him to concerts?

I even feel bad for her, if she was in California, she would have to fly 6 agonizing hours to go see him. Even if she spoke to the doctor, I'm sure she was still worried. I just assume she did, I would think. Not sure where the kids live but I'm sure it was tough for them if they had to fly with their mother. But at least it isn't Hawaii or Alaska, I think that'd be worse.