CSI:Miami is cancelled.

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Nightfoxxy, May 13, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Civilian

I honestly didn't expect Miami to be the one to get cancelled. Knowing that when season 10 finally airs here that it will be the last is quite sad.

2. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I'm a huge fan of Miami and New York and am saddened by the news that CSI: Miami has been cancelled.:(

I will continue to watch CSI: New York but feel sad that Miami will no longer be with us.:(

3. thetalkativeone

thetalkativeone Victim

This is truly upsetting news. CBS have not allowed one of the greatest ever TV shows to even end properly. Sad. Sad. Sad.

4. thetalkativeone

thetalkativeone Victim

And to add insult to injury, after having displaced CSI: Miami to accomodate NYC-22, it is cancelled also.

5. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

Has cbs ever respected a show that has made them filthy rich? If Miami had been in nbc I bet it would have gotten the respect it deserved.

6. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Tell that to Law & Order.

7. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I don't think CBS gives two shits about the fans of any other their shows. All they care about is the bottom line $$$$$$$. Don't get me wrong, I do know that this is a business for them, but considering CSI Miami is one of the shows that helped CBS climb to the top of network TV, cancelling it this way, without concluding the storylines they started this season (ie. Navarro's, Vogel ) let alone the unfinished storylines from other seasons, without giving the fans any respect for their years of dedication to this show, let alone the actors from the show getting a heads up about the cancellation. How many long running shows, that know they are ending, get their senior year season??? Desperate Housewives, MASH, Friends and the list can go on, but apparently CBS doesn't value the fans of CSIM enough to care. I can't wait to see the ratings for whom ever the unluck soul is that gets stuck in Miami's timeslot on Sunday night. With the constant delays from sport over runs......Good luck you poor unfortunate soul..........

8. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

Never watched law & order. I just know shows like friends, frasier and er, were all given good endings.

I would boycott cbs. if it wasn't for the fact I'm in the wrong country and my second favourite show is ncis.

9. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

I'm very disappointed to hear this and also very surprised that CSI: NY was saved over Miami.

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

But that's the thing. How many shows have actually gotten a good ending.

Law & Order was canceled and I didn't feel it had a good ending. The end of the episode seemed like it was shot at the last minute, after it was canceled.

11. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Not shocked at all by it being canceled. You don't let some of your stars talk to other shows about doing pilots,put in the time slot of death where the last several shows to be put there and shorten the season for a show you intend to bring back.
    As for the ending and the budget being used as an excuse..the same thing happened with Cold Case two years ago.
    It still brought in good ratings but TPTB decided it was too expensive and axed it. It never really got the ending it deserved nor did CSI Miami.

12. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

As I metioned over on the NY renewal thread, I'm surprised Miami has been cancelled. I live in the UK and was always under the impression Miami was the biggest globally.

We are a season behind here too, so its disappointing to hear from the US fans that such a great show hasnt been given the send off it deserves, like shows like Lost, Magnum, Quantum Leap and others got.

Sad news.

13. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Not many Mac. The only time they do is usually when everyone knows the show will be canceled. I enjoyed watching Smallville (the sci-fi geek in me is coming out) and it got a good ending because everyone knew the 10th season was the final one.
    Csi Miami's ending wasn't the best but it was also changed because I think the writers guessed it wasn't going to be coming back. Not the best but from hearing what it was originally going to be,I'll take it.

14. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I think this rarely happens but sometimes shows that say they will end, have another season.

7th Heaven did that. They said season 10 would be the last then after the finale, they renewed it for one more year. Season 11, SUCKED.

15. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

:( :( I am very saddened but unfortunately not surprised as pretty much everyone knew it was coming. I am just thankful they did not end it on a terrible cliffhanger like season 9 ended. The final scene may not have been as strong as I would have liked, but at least it provided a bit of resolution.

RIP CSI: Miami