Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't believe I've ever heard anyone refer to them as "lab assistants". They've always been called either "labrats" or "lab techs". In the real world, they may be called assistants, but I've never heard anyone refer to them as assistants on this show or any other CSI show for that matter. They make more than the CSIs, so they would not in anyway be the CSIs assistants. :lol:

But, hadn't he been working there for a while before the show actually started? I mean, I don't recall them playing his first scene as him being new. I could be wrong though. But, no matter what, he hasn't been treated like a lab tech since that whole thing with Ecklie having him process dayshift's data. So, why would he suddenly start being treated like a labrat again? It doesn't make any sense to me. We've seen nor hide nor hair of anything toward him treating him that way in several seasons (aside from him doing Archie's job, but that's more the writers/ptb's doing than the characters), so why would they start now? It makes no sense. I still say the MIB used their memory eraser thingamajig on tptb's memories. :lol:

2. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Yes! Make Ray suffer and bleed. :lol: With Greg (and for that matter, Cath, Nick, Brass and Doc) I want an episode focused solely on that one person trying to solve a normal case (as normal as they are anyway :lol:). No injury or amped up personal angst. Let the A case be Greg trying to solve a death by pork chop bone (best. death. ever.) Show us his reactions to the dark side of humanity. Show us his sense of humor, or at least remind us he has one. Show us his comraderie with his co-workers. Have him chill with Cath or Nick. Make him banter with Hodges. Let him flirt with Wendy or Sara or any femme in the lab. Show us he gets along with Ray. Give him alone time with a suspect. Leave him alone with Brass just to see what would happen. :lol:

Is this really asking too much?

3. GregNickRyanFan

Now that makes more sense to me than him physically running it. :lol: I couldn't quite wrap my head around how that would bring an accurate reading.

Yeah, I think we all knew he was married, or had been. So there were four choices: happily married, married and separated, recently divorced, or widower who has trouble letting go of dead wife. There wasn't really any other way they could have gone. :lol: So yeah, not a big shocker there. :lol:

:lol: That made me giggle. Seriously, I think it must be some sort of CSI initiation that they all get physically injured on the job in some way, shape or form. :lol:

I totally agree with this. And I don't think it's asking too much at all. :)

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

No, what I'm trying to say is that when the look at Greg they see the old Greg, the labrat Greg because that is how they met him. Now he's CSI Greg and the new people will see him as that. Ugh, I know I'm not explaining this right.

Let me try this: When Nick, Catherine and Greg started working together Greg was a labrat. So when they see Greg, even though he is a CSI and more mature, he'll always be that crazy labrat that made them laugh, annoyed them and the one the care about so much. So in their mind they may (unconsciously) still treat him like the labrat and not the CSI.

Was that a better explanation?

Maybe, just maybe, Catherine and/or Nick won't feel he's ready for certain things, you know like Grissom didn't think Nick was ready to do a DB solo. (though I'm still waiting for an explanation on that one :wtf:). Since you know, the recycle storylines.

5. GregNickRyanFan

I understood what you meant. :) But, my point is that Nick and Catherine have not treated him like labrat Greg, really ever since he's been a CSI (having Greg run things could be like a hazing/initiation type of thing for all I know lol), so why would they suddenly start treating him that way? Labrat Greg will always be a part of who Greg is, but Nick and Cath have shown no signs of thinking of him as labrat Greg since he became a CSI. Maybe that's because they were on different shifts at the time and by the time they were back on the same shift again, the focus was off of Greg as new CSI.

But, I still can't wrap my head around the idea that they would out of the blue start treating him like Labrat Greg after all these years of not having ever treated him that way (I mean all the years he's been a CSI). I mean, I could maybe understand it somewhat if Wendy is out sick and they ask Greg to run the DNA because no one else can. So, if that's why, then okay. But, just to have them suddenly (even subconsciously) start seeing him that way again when they didn't in the past few years that he has been a CSI wouldn't make sense to me.

But, if it's just that there is a case that is similar to something that happened to Greg and they try to shield him from it, then I could understand. He would feel like they were treating him like the newbie when they were really just being like overprotective family members. This could also bring back into play the whole overprotective mother thing that he told Griss about in "Fannysmackin'". That in my mind would be the better way to go about it. Everyone just getting their signals crossed. Greg misunderstanding their over-protection as him feeling like he's being treated like the newbie. That would better go with the whole idea that the team are out of sync with each other like is said about them ... and that this what Sara's return is supposed to fix or something. That I could understand much better.

The whole thing just has me all :confused:.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

As Smokey said we are looking into a few things, at this time, but until then Part 2 Spoiler Lab is now open.

This Thread is now LOCKED ;)
    But will remained pinned until 9/10 @ 9:30-10:00 pm et. then it will be released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.