Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P1

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

To help means "to give assistance, to aid". Help doesn't necessarily mean advice, it doesn't even mean that the helper is in a upper position than the helped one. And having to ask for help -and doing it- doesn't mean someone's doing less of a good job. In fact, that's an indicator that someone's a good manager. And while Brass or Grissom could give better "advice" to Cath, Sara's the one who's closer to Nick and Greg - all I'm saying is, she saw things from a different perspective, and perhaps it's her perspective and not Grissom's, or Brass's what Cath needs (and we're not even 100% sure it's Cath the one who calls her).

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Exactly Hada She's got great expertise from past cases. And if their going after or if Millander clan is involved in some snaky, shaky type scenerio, Sara could help out. Bringing the team "together" they respect her, and will appreciate whatever she says! Since the death of Warrick,[who mentioned Sara to Grissom how it wasn't the same without her] & their beloved boss Grissom leaving + her, which traumatized them. So much they brought in a counselor. And they were faltering, and not sure of what was going to happen next. Sara's strong, she'll be a great help to the team. Isn't she the one who was a strong force in finding out where Nick was buried in that nursery in "Grave Danger"? She's good at her job and don't forget the whole team loves and admires her. I think Dr. Langston will be fascinated buy how smart and dynamic she is when she puts her nose to the grindstone, and she will be a positive force back home, in the lab and wherever they need her~And other fans need to show some respect for others views, and the constant same rhetoric gets really tiresome. thank you~

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Well IMO CM & NS's spoilers are often over exaggerated and a lot of the time off the mark. So let's not jump to conclusions and get upset over something that may only turn out to be a small plot in the show. Remember spoilers and plot devises often change as well. Let's wait and see what happens.

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

No, Grissom figured out where Nick would be by the ants, Sara remembered that Kelly Gordon worked at a nursery file to see what nursery she worked at.
    If it wasn't for the ants, Sara wouldn't have figured out what nursery and Catherine was the one who found where is was buried in the actual nursery.

Actually, the whole team worked to find Nick, even Nick. :lol:

And some fans need to get the facts straight when it comes to an episode and not keep claiming that a certain character was the one who found Nick when that isn't true.

I don't think her leaving 'traumatized' the team. That is a pretty strong word. Yes, I think it affected each of them in their own way, but the team went on, just like it went on when Grissom left. Is the team the same, heck no, there's no way it would be.

I think CSI should just do something totally different and have a fight between two characters, like school children, you know like we all do everytime a spoiler comes out. :guffaw:

Come on we need some tension in the team and with Sara returning, this is a perfect opportunity to do that. I don't think everyone should be happy to see her, that ok, she left with no notice, no goodbye and she comes back and works like she didn't do anything wrong? I think it should be Greg, because I think it really bothered him that Sara left, especially when she didn't say goodbye. Greg more than anyone else and have that tension for a couple of episodes that she's on.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

ITA. Not only do they exagerate, but they often their facts wrong. CM once said she always cries when she watches the scene where Sara was rescued by Grissom. Grissom:wtf: Nick rescued her. He found her. Gees.

There were spoilers out before season seven by CM stating Nick and Warrick's friendship would be highlighted..okay..I'm still waiting..oh wait...Warrick's dead, scratch that one..probably because GSR became the be all and end all during season seven.

So we have to take what they say with a grain of salt because they have made many promises, but never deliver.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

They could always make more tension between Hodges and Greg again. :lol:

7. electra

electra Pathologist

Actually,You are right if it's played that way.If she comes just like an aid and we have some great moments between her and the team,I have nothing to complain.I sort of missed her becouse she sort of reminds me the old chemistry of the team.But the spoilers made me think of something diffferent like she is above the rest of the team.Hopefully I am wrong.

8. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Now see, that is something I'd love to see. :p I miss the clever little interactions between the two. It would help bring back some of the humor/fun that Greg's lost out on in the past couple of seasons.

Excellent point Wojo! Seems we all get a little carried away, once in a while, with something that is rumored and turns up only to play a trivial part in the show.

So as interesting as it may be to read up on the latest spoilers, we've got to keep an open mind that everything said is subject to change. Especially when it comes to CM or NS...:lol:

All I want is equal screen time for all regular characters, with juicy cases that won't bore me. And if they plan to give a Nick centered episode, they should also lot one for Greg, as well as Cath, Brass....and so on!

9. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Exactly. For all we know, it could be a "Hi"/"I'm back to help the team until you find someone stable"/"Okay, cool" convo, not a "Well, Grissom would do this, and you should do this to improve the team dynamics..."/"I'm here to save the day~!" type thing.

10. electra

electra Pathologist

^ That is right.CSI vegas is still one my favorites shows and if they created good stories it the past,they can definely do it now.All I want is for catherine to have a good storyline,strng cases and watch Grissom for at least an episode.

11. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Honestly, what bothers me so much about Sara returning, and the fact that she's coming back to "Lend a helping hand to a team that's overworked and understaffed" or whatever it is, is the fact that she left chiefly because she couldn't handle the job anymore. In fact, she left a second time simply because she couldn't handle being in Vegas anymore.

When you get burnt out to the level where not only can you not do your job, but you're having a problem just even FUNCTIONING, you don't just come back a year or two later. I'm sorry, that's just not realistic, IMO. The concept of Sara coming back and being a leader and helping Catherine out is also not true to her character, IMO. She's a good CSI, very thorough, very passionate and unwilling to give up; however, she can be a bit too passionate and unwilling to give up, to the point that she won't listen to anyone else's opinion, which is not a good thing in a leader.

Furthermore, I'd rather they focus more on the characters that are still there, and have been there since the beginning, like Catherine, Nick, Greg, and Brass. I know George Eads has had back problems, Marg Helgenberger had personal problems, but still, I think they could have done more with say, Eric Szmanda and Paul Guilfoyle. I think there's a lot of stuff they can do with both the characters of Greg and Brass.

I know I've said this a few times before, but I think they need to let the show be what it's going to be, not try and bring everyone from the past back as a way to try and increase ratings. I think it was a bad move to just get rid of Riley with no explanation, as well as Langston just jumping in as the "team leader" with no learning curve.

Honestly, I have nothing against the character of Sara Sidle or the actress Jorja Fox, I just think that it's a bad idea, and detrimental to the overall development of the show to bring her back.

12. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Hey I found a little tidbit of info that can be classed as a spoiler and that will probably be mentioned in S 10

http://jorjafox.net/2009/08/02/the-fox-is-back/

Unfortunately it may rattle some people's worlds; for some people it will be bad, others it will be good.

It basically confirms that Grissom and Sara are married.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

^anything else besides Jorja Fox and GSR and marriage..there are other characters on the show.

It's really, really hard to be a fan of a character that gets no mention, no storylines, nothing..I mean why even bother watching the show. At least in my other favourite shows the screentime is balanced, but CSI..oh no..nothing..I know there's no democracy in writing, but lord, at this point, TPTB need to think of all their fans, not just Jorja Fox, William Petersen and GSR..just give them their own show already.

Thank God I have night school..

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  14. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well I spied this just a while ago, and even though we all now know that LLS will not be returning for the upcoming season, I thought I'd toss this out there in case no ones seen this article yet. It also gives us an idea of who contacts Sara and her return etc.

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I'm not saying its not true but pretty much anyone can post news on JFO, just because they claim its a reliable spoiler does not make it so. But It really doesn't matter anyway, GSR are together and we all know it (whether we want to or not), some of us love it and some of us hate it.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.