CSI:NY Season 5 Spoilers Discussion - Start Spreadin' The News!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Hey, I'll watch that. Eddie Cahill, phenomenal actor that he is, I'm sure he's more than capable of acting a pregnant homicide detective.

:guffaw:

Ya know ... I'll watch that too. :lol: I bet both Carmine and Eddie can pull off Junior way better than the Governor of California.

2. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

From what I've gathered about the whole Danny being late thing, it's because of a problem with the train he's on in that it doesn't stop at his station and he then has to walk back to the lab.

As for the possible pregnancy thing, I'm really hoping neither Lindsay or Rikki are with child. Altough, I have to admit having Lindsay pregnant does add a nice twist to all the Rikki being pregnant speculation, although it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I know tptb aren't that hot on time lines but unless D/L have hit the sack since Ruben's death then Lindsay will be having an unnaturally long gestation period. Ruben died in the winter, we know it was March when Lindsay was on her rain walk in PF and it was very clearly summer in Veritas. :confused: I shall dare to take my life into my hands and speculate on the possibility that Lindsay may have already met the 'new man' and he, rather than Danny is her baby daddy. Or the big reveal that AJ talked about is nothing to do with babies. :)

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I sort of hope that no one is pregnant. I hate TV pregnancies; I've had a grudge against them pretty much since I started watching things that weren't cartoons. In my opinion, they just cause way too much drama and way too much whining/crying/soapyboredom. That's just my opinion, but still. None of the CSIs need that in order to be good.

4. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Re: all the pregnancy speculation....I certainly hope not. While, yeah, it might be interesting to explore the idea of one of the team having to deal with becoming a parent and the attendant life changes if it's done right, it sounds like the way they're doing it is not the right way...

It sounds as though they're doing it just for the sake of Danny and Lindsay drama. I'm not quite sure how Rikki fits into this, or if she fits in at all anymore. Honestly, it gets old after awhile that everything goes back to Danny and Lindsay.

I mean, if they want to write Anna Belknap's pregnancy into the show, OK, just do it right. Have it after she's met her new interest, have him be the father, and let them either be together or not together, but explore the challenges of parenthood. Let there be something with her that could let her spread her wings outside of Danny. I mean, honestly none of Lindsay's storylines have not involved Danny in some way. I'd like to see something for her independent of Danny. Everyone else has had an independent storyline, why can't she?

I mean, I know that when you boil it down to the simplest terms, Spoilers=Rumors, and like rumors, some are true, some are completely false, and some have elements of truth to them. What's odd is that all of the previous spoilers seemed to indicate one thing, that Danny and Lindsay would be over, Rikki would be back, possibly pregnant, and there would be more develpment for Lindsay outside of Danny. Then they've done a complete 180 on us with these Pregnanacy rumors, and titles like "Triangle." :wtf:

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, spoilers can, and often do, change. We don't know what will happen until an episode airs. From AJ's interview, where he mentioned Carmine's reaction to the script for #509, I kinda think that perhaps this story line has caught everyone by surprise. I also think that it would be boring if we knew everything that was going to happen before it actually happens. I read spoilers but I still like to be surprised, so I'm intrigued to see what is going to happen, how it happens, and what the future holds for Danny, and what, if any, spoilers do come true. :lol:

:lol: Yeah, I'll keep watching, it's crazy stuff. I can totally see some Sunset Beach style story lines coming up. :thumbsup: :lol:

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

This is my favorite of all the options. And it should be twins. One should be Rikki's and the other Lindsay's. And then we can have a totally dramatic finale birth scene. :lol:

That would be a better way to go for Lindsay's character. It would give her something on her own, independent of Danny. The fact that TPTB still feel the need to involve Danny makes me think they're focusing on him as the show's emotional go-to guy for the storyline. In other words, they see more potential in how the storyline affects Danny than Lindsay. :lol: Given the disparity of talent between Carmine and Anna, it's hard to blame TPTB for wanting to throw a better actor in there for the big storyline. :lol: That being said, Carmine's best acting has been in the storylines independent of the Danny/Lindsay pairing. I do think the idea of Danny with a kid is an interesting one, regardless of who the mother is.

It definitely sounds like they were all pretty surprised by the twist. Carmine's "Can you believe it?" says it all, I think.

:D My Sunset Beach radar is going off big time, too. :lol:

7. littlemegs

littlemegs Dead on Arrival

can somebody give me a link for the website u all got the links for 510 please

8. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

I am so glad people could laugh with me. I mean, the pregnancy talk was just getting way out of hand, and I was really trying to make the mood lite. I just keep envisioning Danny flipping out. I mean could you see him, really. I can just hear that Staten Island drawl screaming at Flack, "What the :censored:! Fix it Flack, I'm dyin' here". Then Lindsay trying to soothe him and him flippin out saying..."it just ain't right Montana, it ain't natural." Knowing secretly she would being thinking "payback babe":angryrazz:. ( I know some aren't D/L shippers, but I am, so just bare with me):guffaw: Just pause for a moment and come up with a scenario in your mind. :rolleyes: You will get a good chuckle.:hugegrin: Only, don't do it around people. They might think you've lost your mind.:wtf:

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Other than gossip site spoilers (Ausiello, Watch with Kristin, etc.) we can't discuss spoiler sources for fear they'll dry up. ;) Sorry!

If any man should ever get pregnant, it should be Danny. Can you imagine the tears, the whining, the complaining? The team would have their hands full, that's for sure. :lol:

10. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

^^ And can you picture Carmine with a pregnant belly? :lol:

He'd call Flack at 3 am going, "Dude, can you get me some pickles, pizza, bologna, Ben and Jerry's Americone Dream ice cream, and some pancakes?" :lol:

Flack being pregnant- all the scum of NY better watch out. He'd finally snap and just start punching people... :lol: :lol:

11. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYSBq8cbRuQ

^Curious as to if anyones seen this, I was bored and do my random every now and then typer ny intoyoutube its from Tv guide and bout all teh fall previews so its oldish... but it says bout he budget cuts and it means gettin rid of a lab tech... and causes mac and stella to clash... was interesting cos both gary and melina both speak... very intreiged now by the storyline.

12. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

^^ Maybe that's Adam's life crisis? Fear for his job?

I'm glad Mac's not gonna let them cut his tech so easily... 'He's protective of his people'... I like that. :)

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

THEY CAN'T GET RID OF MAH BEHBEH! :eek:

LOL, as if they'll lose anybody - particularly Adam now that AJ is finally in the credits and we know he has a multi-year contract with the show. *snuggles the cast* Still, it should be interesting. :p

ETA: I did a quick transcript of the part about later in the season to post on my LJ, so I thought I'd add it here as well in case anybody can't see the video or doesn't want to risk spoiling themselves for the other shows.
    Voiceover: Later in the season, there's major conflict between Mac and Stella.
    Melina: One of our top technicians is gonna be let go because of budget cuts. And Mac's like, 'No, I'm not gonna do it, we'll just get rid of those machines,' and she's like, 'No no, you can't get rid of the machines, we've gotta find another way.'
    Gary: These are valuable employees to him and people that are a part of his staff, and he's very very protective of all of them.​
    My first thought was Adam because he most accurately fits the term "technician", but it could still be referring to Stella as the earlier spoilers implied - or anybody else on the team, of course. I'm sure they'll find a way to make it work, but it will still be interesting to see. :)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  14. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Thanks for the link, Dawni and for the transcript, Fay. :)

Perhaps it is Adam's life crisis. That would make sense, and losing a lab tech due to budget cuts would seem to make more sense that losing Stella (as I had originally read or heard somewhere). Still, I suppose it could be anyone, but unless it potentially affects someone on the team then I'm not sure it would be that interesting, even if there is Mac/Stella tension.

*Hugs team* No one's going anywhere. :lol: :D

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I was talking to my mom, and we were wondering if this might have something to do with how they work around Anna and/or Lindsay's pregnancies (assuming that Anna is pregnant and that Lindsay will be too). Maybe her job is on the line as the newest CSI, or maybe because she has to work in a more limited capacity due to being pregnant and the higher-ups think she'd be a good one to drop for budget reasons (not saying it's right, just that it might be a possibility). Or maybe the way they work around the budget restrictions is for someone to work less - which, if it was Lindsay, would fit with Anna working a more "part-timeish" kind of schedule as she has been so far, and will presumably continue to do so after she has baby number two.

Of course, the problem with this theory is that it's probably something that happens sooner rather than later, so I don't know why they'd talk about something that would happen in the second half of the season when there are other things that would happen sooner that would probably be more relevant to talk about. Still, I thought I'd put the idea out there since it occurred to me. I haven't seen anything in the spoilers to imply that anybody's job is in trouble (that I recall), so maybe it is later on...Hmm...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.