CSINY Season 9

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by LME, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

What are you talking about? NY only dropped 5% in the demographic while Miami dropped 20% versus last year. Considering shows USUALLY drop in ratings as they age, NY did pretty well EXCEPT the last three episodes AFTER the 6-week hiatus. You don't expect CBS to decide NY's fate based on just three episodes. IT did pretty well on the first 15 episodes of the season.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

NY's demo is lower than Miami's, but it also aired on Friday nights. At the end of the day, the network still needs shows to air on Fridays, and the combo of NY and Blue Bloods is a really good one.

3. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

In the UK NY is pretty much in the top 5 every week for channel 5 whereas Miami doesn't always make it into the top 30. NY is definitely the more popular choice over here.

4. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

The only thing that surprised me was that both weren't canceled. I have to say though,I prefer NY to Miami. It wasn't just the campy storylines either. H had turned into someone I could no longer root for.
    As by the book as Mac is,he still hasn't become a thug with a badge like H did.
    I hope the writers do season 9 justice,I don't see it coming back after that.

5. Lego107

Lego107 Dead on Arrival

Hey Geeno, i'm glad your show got renewed but you don't have to be an ass about the other one getting cancelled and NY "winning"... :rolleyes:

6. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

I'm soooooooooooooo Happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

7. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Likewise, I don't think you need to be an ass towards people who are happy about NY being renewed. I didn't sense any gloating with any of Geeno's posts, simply stating that they were happy that CBS chose NY over Miami. It's not like anyone's posting in the Miami forum going "haha your show was cancelled."

8. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: Nope, I guess not :lol:

^ That. I'm really happy NY got renewed over Miami too, but considering I thought it'd be the opposite was prepared to face the end, I can sympathize with Miami fans and their disappointment. But that doesn't erase I'm happy with the outcome, nor am I going to go to the other boards and gloat. And neither would I have to the other boards to complain about Miami fans celebrating if things had gone the opposite direction.

9. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Thanks Crumbs.

10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

So, I guess it did come down to the money--CSI: Miami was just more expensive to produce than CSI: NY. Oh well--congrats to Mac & Company. I'm sad to see Horatio's sunglasses go, but 10 years was a good run. :cool:

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Just stopped by to say Congrats on the pickup for Season 9. I watched part of the finale. It was very well done (what I saw).

Sorry about Miami. Perhaps they could do another Crossover? Horatio and Mac worked well together.

Congrats again on Season 9! :D

12. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i hate to admit but i had no faith in CBS for picking up CSI: NY for next season. i was sure that Miami would be the one sticking around since it seems to be so popular. but i am beyond excited to see NY coming back i was not ready in any way to see this show and the characters go. i would really like to see the show reach it's 200th episode next year that would be fantastic.

i do feel bad that Miami got cancelled it was just amazing to hear that CBS was considering cancelling one of the CSI shows since the franchise is so popular and the original is still going after 13 years.

13. FlackStavros

FlackStavros Victim

it wasn't just that, NY is on the Top 5 scripted shows with the most rating on friday nights, while MIA was at the very bottom of the sunday nights...

14. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

Some articles implied that CSI: NY survived because it was younger and therefore cheaper. Why would being younger make it cheaper? Is it because actors' salaries get higher the longer the show lasts? Or is it something else? Just curious.

15. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

funny but maybe Sela Ward saved it- she is a very good actress lol but now Elisabeth Shue is on CSI- there is bound to be some good ratings??