Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo Thread #17

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by sharp52092, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Szmile!

Szmile! Dead on Arrival

It was quite poor when they were in the tunnels but the interrogation room scene was sufficient for my impure intentions *snigger*

2. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I remember the Fannysmackin' one for sure. I was so worried about Greg when I saw that promo.

You know what I realized the other day, Greg has been a CSI longer than he was a lab rat since we've known him on the show. I guess that is why I get a little annoyed when some people still say they preferred him in the lab. It's been years since he's been in the lab, so really move on. :lol:

4. sharp52092

Wasn't quite watching the show yet, just a few months later...actually as of this month I've been watching for 5 years :eek::thumbsup:

Let's see, he's been a CSI for 7 years as of this month :eek: has it really been that long?

4 years in the lab on the show and he had probably been a lab rat for a year or 2 when the Pilot premiered so yep :eek:

5. Dizzney

Well I've watched the show pretty much from the beginning, maybe caught season 1 during the repeating of it mid-season. But I have been since then and really Greg was only in the lab halfway through season 5 but already in season 4 he was doing some field work. So counting seasons 6-11 as him being a full CSI and then most of season 5 and this season, that is about 7+ years as a CSI to his 4-5 years as a Lab Rat. Prior to the Pilot my guess was he worked at the lab for at least a year or two also, because he couldn't have much sooner than that, he would have still been in college.

I much prefer him as a CSI, gives him more opportunities to do different things and display more personality traits.

6. sharp52092

I like both, not sure if I could ever choose, the lab rat to CSI storyline is what drew me to Greg :)

7. Dizzney

Actually I think that is what made me like Greg more too because in the beginning of CSI I didn't watch for any one character. I watched for the show because it was good and just had a lot of likable characters. It wasn't until Greg emerged as a CSI that he became my fave so I guess that is why I prefer CSI Greg to Lab Rat Greg.

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I liked him from the moment I started watching which was sometime in season 4 (but was watching re-runs on SpikeTV). Those promos are a nice way to bring back memories, I remember when Greg became a CSI and I was also pretty panicked after seeing the FannySmackin promo. The spoiler thread was buzzing with Greg fans making certain other fans complain.

9. sharp52092

Yeah, I'll bet there were

10. Dizzney

Well I just remember last season the buzz with AKBF too. There was a lot of talk about that one too

11. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

OMG he actually has been a CSI for much longer, now that you guys mention it :eek:.

aww darn I wish I had known about "Talk CSI" back then :), I bet you guys had a really interesting time (as sad and intense as it was) talking about the "fannysmackin" or just the story arc in general; 7 was a good season for Greg, that and season 5, since we especially got to see more sides to him.

Yeah, I've also watched CSI since the beginning, I don't think I got attached to the characters though until the end of season 2 or season 3 because it was the science and cases at first that got me interested in the show, and then I really fell in love with the whole team including lab tech Greg and the chemistry between them so it was hard to pick a favorite :lol: . I kinda agree with you Dizzney, I think I also like CSI Greg a little more too. I don't think Greg became my fave until around season 5, especially when he started his training, I guess I have a thing for well developed/complex characters :lol:. It was just fun and fascinating to watch him become a CSI and just gradually grow from a kid to a professional in the field in general. He seems like the most fun person to hang out with (especially during his lab tech years) :D, yet I'm glad they didn't just make him the comic relief of the series.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  12. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Ah watched old vids on YT from Funnysmackin' and Playing With Fire. Frankly I've missed those times.
    Been watching the show ever since it aired Pilot and yes, to me too, first came science but soon after I started to pay attention more to characters. I've liked Greg since saw him first.

Wish they show some earlier season reruns here. All we got here are seasons 8, 9, 10 and 11 at non-regular basis.

13. sharp52092

for ep 14 Seeing Red and Greggo works with Julie (Elisabeth Shue) :D:D Yay!

14. Dizzney

**Runs around happily** YAY!

15. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Awesome :D:D!!

I wonder what his interactions with Julie will be like ;).