'Stealing Home' Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I agree. I sincerely doubt anyone actually researched this when writing it. Think about how many writers there have been for the show over the years. They aren't diehard fans like us, knowing every detail that's ever been written or broadcast, and let's face it...most viewers, even those who call themselves fans, won't notice some of the things we notice.

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I liked the episode and was amused by the bickering between the family members. There were some great lines like Nick teasing Hodges when he confirmed the house's address and DB telling Morgan she could take "boyfriend Greg" with her.

I'm still not 100% crazy about Finn. There are a couple of things that irk me about her but I think they mostly come up when she interacts with DB. I did like her interactions with the rest of the team, so I'm still on "wait and see".

As for Sara... I don't think the writers can be 100% blamed about the continuity issues. What about Jorja? If there's anyone who should know about their character's background is the actress herself. I'm not saying she didn't say anything about it and was told to just say what was on script, but there's also the possibility that she didn't notice either and that's and oversight on her part too, IMO.

Decent episode with good twists, I give it an A :).

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought Finn asked Hodges something about his polygraph questions, so I thought Hodges was the one who made up the questions, but I may have misunderstood lol.

4. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

The bestiality question is an actual polygraph question for certain government agencies. I know this because a co-worker went through a polygraph for an FBI as well as a DEA position and that was an actual question he was asked

5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I laughed so hard on the very loud quarrel scenes among the siblings! So entertaining and hilarious!

I didn't like what DB said to Finn in the end that "the best can always get better". Seriously? Catherine just left. Sorry it just didn't come out right for me. Would he tell that in front of everyone? And I thought that Finn bringing a chainsaw and swinging it around was a bit over-the-top. Anything can go wrong when handling such equipment around people. She's a professional and she should know that. Well I don't blame her but that writers are trying too hard to make Finn so likable. Well I like her but that scene was just off.

6. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I think the chainsaw scene brings up a facet in Finn's character that could be very interesting. She is unconventional and that could clash with the other team members and provide some good interactions. While Sara just stood back at this particular scene, maybe she or Nick or Greg won't if Finn steps too far out of line.

It's like Hodges in the beginning. He was annoying but then you grew to like him. Now he's almost dare I say endearing to us. We could use someone who we just shake our heads at and wonder "why the heck are they doing that"...

7. byline

byline CSI Level One

I think it depends on the context in which Sara said it. I don't think it gets into what constitutes family from an emotional perspective, but more a practical one (not to mention the fact that as far as I can tell, this was meant as sarcasm). After all, these siblings were squabbling over bloodline/inheritance issues, which Sara would not have to worry about with a foster brother. So, in that context, I think she would be glad to be an only child, if only for the fact that she wouldn't have to deal with this kind of crap. Granted, she's dealt with other crap, but at least she dodged this mess.

8. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

Not a bad episode but not a great one either. The story line felt more like a B-story line or subplot and the sideline characters were very two dimensional. Finn wasn't as grating this week but she's still a little much. The lie-detector test (first I've seen of that in CSI, wouldn't a background test suffice? Felt like an excuse to show how cheeky Finn is) and the chainsaw were very extreme and felt a bit like...fanfiction for want of a better word! Also, every scene in DB's office had Finn in his chair behind the desk; I hope that's not a foreshadowing of things to come. Here's hoping the next episode features more interaction with the old cast members and not another excuse to showcase Finn's abilities. Season 12 has done a great job of integrating DB into the show (I absolutely ADORE him) but the last two episodes have featured Finn quite strongly and I do find her a bit OTT. I really hope they don't go down the same route as Ray Langston with her, the show has just got new life this season!

9. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Couldn't agree with you more!!! I forgot to review last week's epi and your review sums it up perfectly lol.

I agree with whoever said the siblings were hilarious. Thought they were the best part. Ooo and I noticed Sara's only child comment, too...

Again, Finn not Finnley Finn with 2 nns :p needs to chill. Too much for me. I will admit I laughed a couple of times but now I'm aggravated.

Haha Sara honking the horn and saying, "one killer house!"

The writers did a great job in giving everyone fair screen time. I'll give them that because right now I can't think of anything else it say. I'm just really looking forward to tomorrow.

10. Lt.Sugar

Lt.Sugar Hit and Run

I liked this episode. Quite funny.
    And I've to say I like Finn, she's funny. And when she got under the house and DB called her annoyed "Juuuuuleeeessss!" I laughed my a** off. So great. Like a father with an annoying and disobeying teenager. I really wonder what exactly their past is.
    DB mention to Morgan to take her boyfriend with her was great. I looked as confused as she did but think, they'd be a cute couple.
    Nick's comment about his dates wasn't my cup of tea. He seems to be comfortable to be a little bit of a player.
    Hodges and Henry in the elevator...do you also have to go to the bathroom? LOL
    Sara's face when Finn was ready to cut the house into pieces was great. And her face when Super Dave "made light". The way she looked at him he could have impressed her in college *gg*