Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I saw it too love "PASSWORD" Craig Ferguson is a riot:lol:, but this is a really sad video, and ol' Hodges stepped up to the plate [I knew he would] and made comments to the effect of "if you leave who'll catch the bad guys" not an exact quote, but close and Grissom actually had that killer expression he has, and looked a bit compassionate towards Hodges:( and Nick OMG, he told him "how much he taught him" and I was so sad, realizing that he is going:(

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Didn't they talk to Eric about his leaving? Sheesh, now it makes me think he was not even around for the goodbye. :(

3. Desertwind

I'm sure he'll have his moment as well, and the rest too, there's more cast members that we don't know how they will play out in this final episode with the "KING":bolian:

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Thanks for posting these Susan.

"You were my best student, Nick", that's it? :wtf:, That's all Grissom says to Nick? :wtf: Man, Grissom can tell more to everyone else, but not Nick. :scream: I swear these writers are really p:censored:ing me off.

Then Billy didn't want the huggy thing because he thought he was to soap operish, ok, well so was GSR, but he was fine with that.

I do like how he would stand up for his co-workers, that does speak volumes about him. I don't think he was the normal 'ego driven star' of the show.

It was nice to ask the actors what they all felt about him, but how about what he felt about them? That would've been nice to know too.

5. Desertwind

Billy Petersen adores the whole cast, and has stated that numeous times, he hangs out with all of them off the set and when Jorja and George got 'fired' back in 2005, he said "they go, I go" and they were back immediatley, also we haven't seen the whole ep. so maybe what everyone wants to see, will happen. just hang on, and I'm sure everyone will be happy and surprised by the way he goes:)

6. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Thanks for the scans Susan!

I'm with you Speedy. I just hope that was only a snippet of the scene, I'm going to cross my fingers that there was more to it than that!!!

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I am with you guys, that really, really stinks!!!

What do you expect from Grissom, he couldn't care less about Nick. Nick wasn't his 'Prodigal Son' like Warrick was (no offense to Warrick fans, I never liked how Warrick was treated better than Nick.

These writers are such....grrrr:scream: Thank God Billy changed to something a little more heart-felt, not much, but I guess he did the best he could!

Nobody is bashing Billy, Desertwind, we're mad at the writers for creting this stupid relationship between Nick and Grissom where Nick never could live up Grissom's expectations. Billy is an awesome guy, but the character is written so coldly.

I mean holy cow, Nick saved his girlfriend from near death in the desert and not once did Grissom thank him for it.

These writers need swift kick in the a**

8. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

That's actually pretty Emo for Grissom and of all the things that he could say to Nick, I think that's actually perfect. It tells Nick that Grissom thinks very highly of him which is all he ever wanted.

Of Nick, Warrick, Sara and Greg, Nick is the one that's grown the most over the course of the show and caused the least trouble. (Greg comes in a close second). Other than that incident back in the first season with the hooker, he's been a well behaved boy.
    • Warrick had gambling issues and drug addictions
    • Sara had drinking issues and yelled at Ecklie and Catherine which got her suspended. She also had inappropriate outbursts at anyone suspected of domestic violence.
    • Catherine...yeesh, where do I start?
    • Greg...wasn't a problem child either but he still hasn't reached the level of expertise and leadership that Nick has.
    And in regards to Christi, prostitution is legal in Nevada and her case had been closed. It was no longer an active investitgation. There was no reason why he couldn't see her socially....or sleep with her. If she hadn't been murdered when she was, it would never have been an issue.

Just my two cents....

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Well what you said makes sense, but he's always been able to tell them how he feels about them, but not Nick.

I think Grissom lost any respect he had for Nick after the Kristi Hopkins thing and never got that respect back.

And, actually, prostitution is illegal in Las Vegas and the county it resides in, that's why all the brothels are outside of the city and county.

Ooop, sorry Destiny, went off topic.

Well, I hope there will be a little more to the good-bye scene with Nick and Grissom I mean, man, he told Super Dave he'll miss him, so I think Grissom could've said a little more to Nick than that.

10. Desertwind

I always felt that Grissom admired and respected Nick with all his heart, and he was the strong one, that Grissom didn't have to worry about, they all had problems but Nick seemed to be his shinning example of a great CSI, and he does love him too, remember "Grave Danger" when Grissom was telling him "hang on Poncho" and was out of his mind with worry? you'll all see, just wait I'm positive that there's more to this episode than shown in a short clip, with Nick, so don't judge this too harsly till it airs, the writers know what their doing:bolian:

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

12. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Okay I am happy now to see even a smidgen of Greg and Grissom scene.

The case does look intense. It looks like he will get a really strong send off case.

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

jtd94 -thank you so much for bringing that to our attention, now we Greg fans have something to look forward to as far as a farewell scene!! (kinda makes up for tvguide screwing us over once again)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, Desertwind, I'll give you that. You could be right. Nick could be his shining example. It would've been nice if Grissom ever showed that.

As for the writers, "you did a good job", is really pathetic and they don't seem to get Grissom and Nick relationship at all. However, I like the ad lib that Billy did say much better than what was written. It was more heartfelt even if I do think more should've been said.

Now why is it CBS can't get all the promos they're showing for "One to Go'. I've been looking, I can see they one now, but really, it is soooooo annoying.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I think Grissom takes more time with the others cause they need his guidance more. Nick is incredibly independent and didn't need guidance like the others. He didn't get himself pulled over for drinking and driving like Sara did or get in a screaming match with Cath and get almost fired, he didn't gamble and get himself into all kinds of trouble like Warrick did. The worst thing Nick ever did was get involved with Kristy Hopkins... and even that wasn't that bad. He was just trying to help her and then he was comforting her and that (in that kind of situation/setting) almost always leads to more. :lol: I don't think Grissom lost respect for Nick because of that.

As for him saying "you were my best student", that is Grissom speak for "I'm proud of you". We all know Grissom isn't that good at showing his feelings, that's the way his character was written.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.