Flashpoint

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, May 12, 2009.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I did a search of the forum and did not see a thread for this and wondered why, it does very well in the ratings for Friday nights coming in first in its 9 pm timeslot. It seems to be very popular in Canada as well as the U.S.

Background:
    Flashpoint is an emotional journey following the lives of members of the SRU (Strategic Response Unit) as they solve hostage situations, bust gangs, and defuse bombs. They work by utilizing their training to get inside the heads of these people in order to make them reach their breaking point (aka their flashpoint). - Sgt. Gregory Parker leads the elite team on their missions. The show is based upon the experiences of the real life Toronto Police Emergency Task Force.

It debuted on July 11, 2008, on CTV in Canada and CBS in the U.S. Sniper and Critical Incident were former working titles. The original 2007 pilot for the series was filmed using the Critical Incident title and Sniper was used when CTV originally announced the series in late December 2007. - You can find more at Wikipedia or from the sites linked below.

Official Websites:
    CTV.ca & CBS.com

Characters & Cast:
    Sgt. Gregory Parker: Enrico Colantoni
    Ed Lane: Hugh Dillon
    Jules Callaghan: Amy Jo Johnson
    Sam Braddock: David Paetkau
    Kevin Wordsworth: Michael Cram
    Mike Scarlatti: Sergio Di Zio
    Lewis Young: Mark Taylor
    Dr. Amanda Luria: Ruth Marshall

EDITED 10/31/09:
    If you can't see the show you might try, Ch131.com there is no downloading required You can see both season 2 & 3 (as well as other shows).
    Here is what you do, if you don't see "Flashpoint" on the list then on the left click "Tv Shows" and then find "Flashpoint" on the list, then the season you want to watch and then the episode.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  2. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

I love this show! Although I vowed to myself not to watch any new shows last year, I couldn't help it, Flashpoint was (and is) just too good! The second season finale is in four days, and I can't wait! I wonder if it will be anything like last season's finale. The actual finale that was written as a finale,not the one that aired last. I mean Between Heartbeats, not Planets Aligned. Ooooh! I can't wait!

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I like the show. My dad likes watching it with me, because we tease it for being a Canadian show. Not that it's a bad show, I quite enjoy it, but it's not like the other cop shows we watch. *laughs*

I like the relationship between Sam and Jules, although I missed a few episodes after she was shot and therefore have little to no idea why they seemed so tense with each other in the school shooting episode.

Good show. Makes me miss Standoff, but it's still good.

4. Destiny

Yep and I have to find the ep but they said that both Hugh Dillion and Amy Jo, have both done music on the show (course I might have misunderstood that I read it quickly). My only concern is according to tvguide and EW the show being renewed is a long shot or Fair, I mean come on CBS this show is number 1 in its time slot. I really hope it gets renewed. ;)

They broke up because they told greg (the boss) that they were seeing each other and in that case someone would have to leave the unit if that is the case, and so they decided that instead they would break up, now this isn't a spoiler just a rumor that they are just pretending too, but didn't seem that way to me. Amy Jo (Jules) was shot because the actress was pregnante and due to give birth, otherwise it is said that, that ep was suppost to be the finale of the season before, but between Amy and the all the crap with sag and writers, etc it got moved, which is why it seemed odd.

Jules was tense because it was her first day back so being shot and on edge, then they are broke up they did good.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Thanks, Destiny. :) That's what I get for not actually watching shows that I decide to talk about. *laughs*

Hm. Well, I guess it's better than completely ignoring the "no couples on a team" rule.

I doubt they are pretending to be broken up. That scene that I saw seemed a bit too tense and awkward for them to still be together.

6. Destiny

:lol: Your welcome, actually they [Sam & Jules] honestly thought no one knew they were together and Parker and Lane both knew, they just never said anything.

Actually you can see from the links I provided clips and I believe some full eps of the shows. I am seriously becoming a fan of Hugh Dillon, talk about a great actor and singer, I went to his website and heard his music and dang he is good.

7. Meatball42

Wow, that's mean! jk. It is a bit strange, though :)!

I agree. I didn't want to think so, I was hoping they were just faking and I almost convinced myself that they were really good actors (the characters,that is. I know that actors are good actors, what I meant was that the characters the actors are playing... oh, nevermind, you get it!)...
    What was I saying?
    Oh yeah.
    I thought they were just faking, but when I watched the latest episode I was shocked to hear about Sam's date, although I loved the look from Jules behid him!

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Okay, well, I kind of need to explain that. We watched one episode and the HT had a gun pointed at Jules but Sam was right next to her and still had his gun. The HT was a terrified teenaged girl, and the gun was, like six inches from Sam. It would've taken about thirteen seconds to disarm the girl and end the situation right then and there, but instead they took twenty minutes to talk her down.

Every since we watched that episode, we've been teasing the show for being the only sniper show that tries to avoid sniping. :lol:

9. Meatball42

That was season one, episode eight, Planets Aligned. I feel slightly embarassed that I didn't need look that up! :) Anyway, if they'd done that the girl would've been pretty traumatized, which they try to avoid, plus, she might've shot Sam or Jules. At that range, even Kevlar won't save your ribs! You're right, though, I expect that, with their training, they could've done it.

10. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

ooh finally a Flashpoint thread :eek:
    Did anyone see the last episode called The Last Dance?If anyone needs a brief up on flashpoint ask me I dont miss it. Pm me!:thumbsup:

I agree with you guys It would have been better just to disarm the girl but also think it was good that they talked her down because Jules needed some knowledge on negotiation. Jules is like a sniper like Ed and she didnt know negotiation and in that episode she had to do it because if Parker came up it wold accelerate the girl. so overall good job SRU team:bolian:
    Does anyone agree with me that Jules and Sam are the shippers in this show to bad they broke up:(

11. Destiny

Tonights ep that was a good season finale, and Hugh's protrayal of Ed with the young kid was awesome, and the ending, perfect.

This whole finale was powerfully done, and everyone did pardon the pun (or not) justice to the writing, the scenes kept you tied to the show, you might have known what was going to happen next but you still had to watch, you still had to know. - I so want CBS to bring this show back, they as I have mentioned have been first in their timeslot, it will be a shame if they don't because these actors have made this show very riviting.

Hugh did an small interview with tvguide I couldn't post it earlier because it contained a small spoiler about tonights ep so now that its over in all parts of the US I can post it. Notice how Hugh believes there will be a third season, so either they know for sure, he is hoping, or because it is also a Canadian show, it could be renewed there and still be unknown for the US. Either way good read. And it explains alot about the cast working so well together.

Sorry about doing the whole article in quote if it wasn't for my history I wouldn't have found it, it dropped off the main tvguide front page, and I didn't want folks to miss it. ;) I also want to add that the band he is talking about for anyone who doesn't know, disbanded, but he has another one called "Hugh Dillion Redemption Choir" (The band's style draws from country, pop, punk and New Wave influences) you can go to the site I provided and listen to some of his songs, he is really good.

12. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

^Thanks for the article.:thumbsup:

I've been watching this show since it came on last summer here in the US. It's one of the most consistent shows I've ever seen, keeping me on the edge of my seat week after week. I'm a little concerned now though after seeing an article that I linked to from the CSI:Vegas section. The article is about the CBS fall lineup, and I didn't see Flashpoint in the lineup. So, does anyone know if they're saving it for midseason next year or is it suffering the same bizarre cancelled-for-no-reason fate as Without a Trace? Please tell me no. (I mean, it just can't be)

13. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I think cBS is undecided on Flashpoint. I recall reading that Medium, cancelled by NBC, will go in the time slot between Ghost Whisperer and Numb3rs. Maybe Flashpoint will return in midseason.

14. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Yeah, I'm really happy about Medium being picked up by CBS and coming on after Ghost Whisperer because I love Medium, but I thought Flashpoint was doing really well in the ratings and would definitely be back! So now I'm just really wondering...:confused:

15. Destiny

It is and according to TVGuide.com it states under "OFFICIALLY RENEWED FOR THE 2009-10 TV SEASON (UPDATED ON 5/21)" (I listed the link in the other thread about shows returning).

Flashpoint, CBS (summer 2010)