CSI:Miami is cancelled.

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Nightfoxxy, May 13, 2012.

1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Sorry Miami got cancelled. I watched only a handful of episodes. I do however liked the crossover episodes with both CSI NY and CSI.

I hope they plan a crossover so Miami fans can still see their favorite characters.

2. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I doubt AMC, which already has a rather robust original schedule, would want to pick up such an expensive show like CSIM.

We all need to relax a little here. The show will be syndicated long into the future. I for one will be a bit happy that the poor writing on this show will come to an end. The plots have gotten more and more ridiculous, the character interactions have gone downhill, and the science is just ridiculous. These are all talented people, they will find work on new shows, and everyone has gotten plenty of reward for this show, actors, crew, and viewers.

I wonder what Roger Daltrey thinks about this. :guffaw:

3. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

It's a little hard to relax when the news is still so fresh in our hearts. CBS totally sabotaged the show when they moved it to Sunday nights, knowing full well that most of the time it would not start on time.

We'll definitely miss it. I believe AMC has a little marathon on tonight--more than the regular 3-episode airing. If any fans are home, you might want to watch and drink a toast (of any liquid persuasion) to CSI: Miami. Miami is now officially closed. :(

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  4. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I am very sad that Miami got cancelled, I loved the show and have all the dvds to look back on. It was an amazing 10 years for the team and I wish the actors all the best for their future roles.

Never forget CSI: Miami 2002-2012:(

5. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

RIP CSIM-after a decade long love affair the sun sets in Miami after all...much luck and good jobs for the cast/crew!

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Even though there were signs all along I'm still very surprised with the news. I thought for sure NY was a goner and I thought Miami had a pretty good chance of coming back. But, alas, what's done is done. It had it's great moments, also very bad ones but it certainly will be remembered.

7. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Is there any possibility of another network picking this show up?

8. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

OK, we all knew it was bound to happen some time, but what pisses me off is that it was cancelled after the last episode had aired (in the US at least - haven't seen it yet), so we don't even get a good send-off for the show. And don't get me started on all the unresolved storylines! (Here's an idea for a crossover - send Horatio to New York and finally sort out the "H killed his father" story - after all, he was subpoenaed in the street in a New York crossover years ago; surely they've set the court date by now?!!)

Can't help but wonder, how long have the cast known it was ending immediately? Surely they've had some notice, because if there was to be another season, they would have started shooting by now, wouldn't they?

I don't understand all the "ten years is a long time for a show to run", when CSI:Vegas is still limping along after 15 (?) years. Maybe they should have ditched that one and spent the money on Miami and New York!

Sad and disappointed, but whether we like it or not, all good things...

9. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Vegas has been on for 13 years and it's possible that maybe the cast had a hint.

All the networks cancel shows after the final episode, very rarely do they renew or cancel before the final episode.

Wonder if Vegas will try to go for another 8 years and be the longest running show with Gunsmoke and Law & Order being tied.

EDIT: Not many shows do last 10 years.

10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Not a lot of shows run 10 years or longer. So, this is an incredible feat. Let's just be happy that it did have 10 years, since it could've easily run a couple seasons and drifted off into the TV wasteland. :)

11. Jacks

Jacks Rookie

At the very least, they should know that they have a bunch of incredibly unsatisfied fans. I sent them a message as well. Honestly, I think that as many people as possible should give feedback because the way they went about it was absolute crap. I don't think it'll make them change their minds or anything like that, but at the very least, it'll have them realize that they're a bunch of dumbasses.

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I was convinced that Miami would get 1 more season, maybe a shorter one, and end it then, but I am very surprised its ended now. It does seem a bad way for CBS to finish a show that did bring them lots of cash. Yes, the show was no way near as good as it had once been (and I blame lazy writing for that) but it wasnt doing too badly ratings wise in such an awful time slot.
    They could at least do a 2 hour special to finish the show off properly. Too many stories left unfinished.
    All the best to the cast and crew.

13. Ryan&MacFan

Ryan&MacFan Victim

Sad to see Miami go but I'm not surprised as they moved it to Sunday where many of those shows like get axed pretty quickly. I also wonder if it was more of DC choice since of the past article the were DC talk with the network remember the question could the cast of Miami survive without H ? Maybe the network didn't come into agreement with DC so they decided Miami couldn't be successful without H like it's not the same as the regular CSI which stayed successful no matter how many boss changes but H makes up a big part of the Miami show.

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

TPTB as well as the writers had some idea that the show had a chance of not being renewed. The original cliffhanger for the final episode was changed to a non-cliffhanger because there was uncertainty if the show would return for the 11th season.

15. Piranya

Piranya Victim

This is a REAL MESS!!!! This show deserves a better end !
    I am speachless !!! CBS you suck !!!! I will not watch any other show which was created by you guys !!!
    The writers did their part to that story, too. So sad :-(((