Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I would argue this season has been more of an ensemble season than the past three years.

Sara - "Bittersweet" and "Tressed to Kill."
    Greg - "Genetic Disorder."
    Doc Robbins - "Genetic Disorder."
    Nick - "Crime After Crime" and "Altered Stakes."
    Hodges - "Malice in Wonderland."
    Catherine - "Freaks and Geeks," "Zippered," "Ms. Willows Regrets," and "Willows in the Wind."

And while I'd agree that David Phillips and Brass didn't have any episodes focused on them, I'd argue that every single character had some wonderful moments this season that explored their history and background in a more subtle way...

Greg in "73 Seconds," "Maid Man" and "CSI Down"; Catherine in "73 Seconds," "Tell-Tale Hearts," "Maid Man" and "Brain Doe"; Nick in "73 Seconds," "Bittersweet," and "Seeing Red"; Sara in "Stealing Home" and "Split Decisions"; Brass in "73 Seconds," "Brain Doe," "Crime After Crime" and "Altered Stakes"; David Phillips in "73 Seconds" and "Genetic Disorder"; Hodges in "73 Seconds"; Doc Robbins in "73 Seconds."

That's a fair amount of screentime and development devoted to established characters when the show lost two actors this season and brought in three more. If you were to ask me, I'd say that next season would be more balanced overall. But I really am enjoying Season Twelve a lot and I'm looking forward to these final two episodes.

2. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I agree :)

3. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Yeah, I personally think this has been the best season for a VERY long time, even though I think the quality's decreased a little in the second half. I don't think it's been all about Russell at all, it's been about the team dynamic with Russell as their leader.

The more I think of it, the more I don't mind being introduced to Russell's family, considering his is the only one (besides perhaps Doc and David) who has family which lives in Vegas and play a major role in his life. Oh, and also I really, REALLY like Russell, so it doesn't bug me as much.

I've said it a few pages back but to me Season 12 has been a stage of transition. One major character's out, three major characters in, all of whom need to be developed along with the existing cast. As vegaslights has pointed out, they haven't been sidelined at all I don't think. I think now we've established a new cast, I reckon we could get an even stronger Season 13, and hopefully a Season 14 at some point too. :)

4. IamRed

IamRed Victim

I agree that this season has been far better then last season. I think losing two characters and trying to establish three new characters is a pretty hard task. For the most part I think the writers have done a pretty good job. The only episode from this season I probably wouldn't rewatch is "Split Decisions" which to me was the weakest episode this season. And yet it was still better then last season.

I think Finn is a lot better now that they've toned her down. Morgan is so well integrated with the other CSIs that I sometimes forget that she has only been here for this season. Plus she's done the impossible and actually made me like Ecklie.

DB's family showing up doesn't bother me no where near as much as Super CSI Ray did.

I hope with McKeen returning we'll get a whole team focused season finale.

5. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

TV Guide Must Watch Finale's

Please stay Nick! :(

Susan

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well given the shabby treatment George has received, why would he want to stay?:confused: I'd be happy for him if he chose to leave because the writers at CSI are myopic and can't be bothered to write for the ensemble cast.

7. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

So thrilled to see that episode ! I hope for some Warrick references !

myfuturecsi : I don't agree : Nick had a great treatment for three years (from season 9 to 11) he was (too much) present in the episodes, it became Ray-Nick show, not CSI !
    but season 12 is a great season for Nick !

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'm intrigued. It sounds like the makings of a good dramatic, non-shoot-em-up, non-serial-killer, non-explosive finale. Hopefully a good dose of the political dealings within law enforcement, which is no doubt where a lot of crimes are committed; and someone like Nick could be easily frustrated by it all. I'm hoping for a Warrick reference, as well.
    Looking forward to it.

Thanks for posting, Susan. :)

9. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Press release for Homecoming

Susan

Thanks Sharp. I was totally oblivious to doing that, was staring at it saying 'oops, already had that one!'. :lol: :rolleyes:

10. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I was hoping for some spoilers :lol: must be careful what I wish for

Hm hope McKeen's return effects Sara, Brass, Greg, and such too, not just Nick

Unless he's leaving then that's a different story but I don't think he is

ETA: ^ I think you mean Homecoming not Homebodies

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I sure hope it's a two hour finale! :lol: That's a lot of stuff to have in there. Really looking forward to it!

ETA:
    From TV Guide online...

I need some CSI finale info. How will the characters react to McKeen's return? — Mark
    ADAM: Few CSIs have more animosity toward McKeen than Nick, so he's the one to keep your eyes on. In particular, look for Nick to crumble when McKeen's scheming brings the team's credibility into question. "By the end of the finale, Nick will be in a place where he's questioning how the wheels of justice work and also questioning his role in that system," executive producer Don McGill says. "It will bring him to an existential crisis where he really, really contemplates whether or not he wants to be a CSI anymore." Hmm... George Eads is heading into contract negotiation. Say it with me: Eek!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

With all due respect, McKeen killed Nick's best friend..so..but whatever you say..

13. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

I really am looking forward to this one!

I understand that you would like to give everyone a piece of cake when McKeen is back but we all know that the whole McKeen killing Warrick thing took a toll on Nick more so than on everyone else. I'm not saying the others were not effected but I think for Nick it was the hardest thing to go through in his career as a CSI... only makes sense that he might be featured more in this one.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  14. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's not the Nick and Langston crime-fighting duo anymore. Surely given his father's health, George would have wanted less time at the start of the year? Not to mention the two Nick-centric episodes (as well as the one which was re-written) we got this season. Gee, the writers really are thoughtless. :rolleyes:

I've got to admit, I was initially a little ambivalent about the finale but the more I'm hearing from it, the more I'm liking the sound of it. The guest cast alone should be a good indicator that this is shaping up to be a pretty solid episode. The only thing I'm still unsure on is the possibility of a cliffhanger.

Oh, and a lovely diner scene with the new team (ie "Strip Strangler") would be lovely to see too. :)

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

This bit of info sparks some more interest for me. Wonder how the team's "credibility" will be put into question?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.