Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Part 2

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by happyharper13, May 19, 2009.

1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Re: Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Par

Hey guys :)

Please remember the 3 line rule here in Shipper Central

Thank you :)

2. margarita_salt

margarita_salt Hit and Run

I pretty much agree with everything that you said
    I love Greg/Morgan together. They are young and sweet. I would not mind if they gave that pair a storyline.

I don't like Hodges/Morgan. That whole storyline that they are pushing on us just does not work and they have no chemistry.
    Hodges has a soul mate and it is Wendy.

Nick needs a love interest just because he has never had one unless you count the prostitute that he was accused of murdering.
    I also would love to explore the whole background of Russell/Finlay..I know they have some sort of history. I don't know if it is romantic but it seems interesting to explore.:)

3. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

I've never liked Grissom/Sara, mainly for the fact that I don't like either character, but I've just never really liked them as a couple. I'm not really sure who I ship in CSI, although I did ship Warrick/Catherine and I suppose I still do. But I don't really have any other ships to be honest. Some shows I either don't have any or I only have one or two.

bobo likes this.
  4. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

As of now, Grissom/Sara is the only pairing left on CSI that I'm invested in..... or I guess was invested in, since they've separated and there's no knowing if the writers will even bother to fix the relationship before the series ends :( :(. Otherwise, I'm not sure I want to see any more romance on this show, especially after what's happened in season 13.

Lets get back to focusing on the friendships, especially the ones I've grown to love for 13 years (especially Greg/Sara and Greg/Nick). I wouldn't mind establishing/developing ones between the new characters and the originals; as long as they don't force anything and keep the all the platonic relationships more realistic. Although....sadly, one can only hope.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  5. mirdaishan

mirdaishan Hit and Run

Yeah, more Greg / Morgan fans! :D
    I really hope something will happen between them in S14... They've had a lot of great scenes together already and I hope many more will follow. I love seeing them work together, although I also like seeing Greg work together with Sara.
    I've watched an interview with Elisabeth Harnois who said there was romance on the cards for Morgan Brody, but I can't see from when the interview is, so I don't know if she was talking about Morgan and Hodges or about something that is yet to come. If it's the last one: I really hope it's Greg! :D

6. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Hi mirdaishan :)

I used to like Branders....well.....ok, I still do, I just really don't like the triangle and that the show has sort of become a soap opera in general (unless that changes, I'd personally rather have any future/current romance (at least, involving Morgan, since the writers can't seem to make up their minds) stay in the fanfiction zone). I don't think anything will happen between them in season 14, but we'll see. Despite all that though, I have to admit, I also like they're quality moments and they do work well together.

yeah, I would like to see more of Greg and Sara's friendship.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  7. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Sorry to bump this thread almost a year on... But I've been trying to watch recent seasons.

I start out in pretty bad shape, as I barely like any of the new characters, and hardly recognize the old ones. I don't think CSI is in good shape in any aspect, a main factor contributing to me not watching the past 3 seasons.

Apart from all that, I am really trying. Fin and Russell are one thing, but I can get over their character attributes. The one thing I'm struggling with in actually watching the episodes, is Morgan. She's so different from any character that's ever been a part of CSI, and change is good - I recognize what the showrunners were trying to do with her character - but it just didn't work.

From the get-go I don't like her story revolving around Ecklie, something I just can't wrap my head around.. but her constant flirtatious nature is so irritating. It distracts from almost every other attribute she has. I'm not even sure if I disagree with Morgan/Greg, which seems to be the prevalent ship at this point (but who knows with her constant need to keep those options open), it's just the way it's executed. She comes off as flimsy, unsure of herself, and lucky as opposed to talented in any way. I genuinely don't think she should have made it out of the S14 premiere alive. But alas, she did it, with a full face of untouched make-up nonetheless. :shifty:

EDIT: No offense meant to the actually Branders shippers, you all are obviously either seeing something that I'm missing; or are blinded to something I'm perceiving.

8. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

^^
    Did you manage to watch all the seasons? It's no easy task! Some episodes are impossible to sit through if you don't like the new characters. I'm at a point where I don't mind Finn anymore, but that mostly has to do with me liking Elisabeth Shue.

I fully agree with the Morgan comments. That character doesn't work for me at all either and all that make up is so annoying and distracting. Nobody should be wearing all that make up and at the beginning I was actually hoping for this character trait to be part of her story (i.e. her self-confidence is so low that she always wears two tons more than she needs to. Or something), but no, they've been applying extra make up on all the female characters now instead. Brilliant.

9. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

^ I honestly can't sit through all the episodes! My repertoire is missing at least a couple seasons.. I just don't care :/

I shipped GSR in the old days (a lot didn't, which I accept), but it was subtle and special, and there were little quips every couple episodes that you had to catch to piece them together. But the characters themselves were separate individuals with insecurities, passions, hobbies, and their own work load.

I'm not at all saying that they should recreate a GSR relationship, they wouldn't be able to if they tried, but everything that I'm seeing on the show recently just lacks anything with substance. It all feels like a cheap thrill in a way.

It's not only that though. I could accept them not being able to leave the romance stories alone, and therefore continue to spew out bad ones HOWEVER, they had no reason to go back and ruin everything they had already made. Billy Petersen is gone. Jorja Fox is not. I could come up with more than one scenario in which their relationship could be addressed then forgotten. I could think of a million better scenarios than the one they went with.

They're just shitting all over what they originally did right.

10. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

^
    “They're just shitting all over what they originally did right” <— This sums up the biggest mistake of all. Wanting to try new things and characters is one thing, but ruining the old ones (and for what?) is another.

They don’t seem to be successful at writing complete romance stories. They’ve tried at least 3 with Hodges (and messed up the most successful one), they’ve had DB on a long distance marriage, Finn’s divorced a couple of times and there’s no mention of Nick/Greg (but good for them, as it’d probably be some terrible/depressive story). Oh, and I almost forgot how they ruined Brass’s family for no reason at all. But, hey, as long as DB’s son plays basketball we should all be glad…

The majority of CSI’s quality evaporated when BP left, but they still had a chance to keep a balance since they soon had the rest of the crew back together. Maybe Mendelsohn leaving will change things around or it’s only a sign that it’s over.

11. sharp52092

It's been pretty quiet around here, but with the show coming to an end here soon :( I thought we could discuss our favorite ships. Also what are your hopes for the finale when it comes to ships?

So let's debate and discuss them :)

Also no spoilers. Use the spoiler tags [ spoiler= ] [ /spoiler ] but with no spaces.

12. Happy Grissom

Happy Grissom Hit and Run

As soon as I heard about the series finale movie, I thought and believed CSI would right the wrong when the writer took knife to GSR in S13. The breakup in FMN was unnecessary and uncalled for. They did it because the writing crew had no idea about the GSR history; they had no idea how to handle this unconventional pair's long distance marriage while keeping Grissom off screen. Guess separating them was an easy way out for the writers.

So, I was happy with them getting back together as it should be. Any other alternative would have been a travesty. Kudos should go to Zuiker and Petersen for the daring paring. It really goes against conventional wisdom. Then again, wahtcha you gonna do when love finds you?

I loved GSR was not smooth sailing. I loved the angst, the tenderness, the longing, the wanting, the loving, and the not having. Both characters had to muddle through diversities and learned their lessons. Neither Grissom nor Sara was perfect. Both had issues and then some.

Did Grissom wobble? Sure he did; however, Sara was the one who had his heart all along. Knowing his love for this young woman must be a terrifying experience for this private man. I think other than Sara, he was only attracted to Lady Heather. Infatuation. I believed that was the word Petersen used when he was asked by a reporter about Grissom's feeling towards LH; when said reporter asked him if Grissom ever talked to Sara about LH, Petersen said he didn't think so because men wouldn't talk about their infatuation they felt about other women to their own women! I can't recall when this interview was taken place since I didn't save it on file. Probably it was done around the time either POTTR or TGTB&TD episode.

Did Grissom sleep with LH? I really believed he did do the nasty in LHB. There was article saying Petersen went by his own interpretation of the script and refused to put on the bathrobe the CSI Wardrobe folks had prepared for him to film 'the morning after'' tea scene. Melinda Clarke said she believes LH did have sex with Grissom even Petersen thinks otherwise! So, we can think all we want. We just will never know if he did or not. Personally I'd not like to think that he did it again with LH in LOAR. He was down in the dumps after Sara's second departure. If LH jumped into the sack and did the deeds then, I think I'd lose a big chunk of the respect I have for this character. It'd be kind of sad to think such a worldly character could get to this man only when he was vulnerable and low in spirit.

Did I think Grissom and LH would make a good couple? No, I don't think so. I am saying this because I don't think LH really gets Grissom. She was observant if nothing else. Her brand of pop psychological jargons can be easily applied to Ecklie, Brass or any of the LV sheriffs. I think both Grissom and LH are kind of outsiders; and this commonality sort of the bond he recognized; plus let's not forget he called Brass to bring the warrant over after he spent a night in LH's company. Perhaps this guilt feeling was what made him come to her assistance time and time again. A strange friendship formed between these two vastly different individuals. Then, again, we all know Grissom is not an ordinary Magellan. Grissom went through so much with Sara. He was a goner the day he met her in San Francisco. Maybe that's one of the reasons he had to fight against his own heart so much and for so long before he allowed himself to be loved by her. Loving Sara in his own way was not the problem. His problem was he held himself back and wasn't sure what to do with this love thing.

Sara was not a conventional beauty. Heaven knows why CSI couldn't give her better makeup and wardrobe. Catherine, Sofia, LH, even Morgan were all dolled up; but not her. I think this also spoke volume about what kind of man Grissom was. He could see Sara and appreciate her for what she was. He saw the woman in the clothes. He wasn't blinded by the clothes on the woman.

Grissom and Sara completed each other. They were truly the halves of a whole. I am glad after all the ups and downs, these two could find their way back to each other. They have found their home in each other.

13. Happy Grissom

I've been watching some old episodes lately; it struck me why CSI show didn't try to hint a Catherine/Ecklie storyline. Both were political savvy, and both knew how to negotiate their way around the establishment minefield. Instead of letting poor Catherine going from one loser to the next, why didn't they give her someone from the mainstream side of the city? Talking about giving the show the dramatic impact and the change of workplace dynamics all around. Too bad we would never know what could have come out of it. Well, maybe a CSI special or some sort of CSI reunion. There're are so many loose ends are yet to be tied up. A fan can dream, right?

14. sharp52092

I don't about Ecklie/Catherine. Now Ecklie did seem to like Catherine, though was an attraction? I'm not sure. Anyway, yeah, I wish Catherine could have ended up with someone and she had that chance with Vartann when he offered her to move in with her, but turned him down. She seemed burned from Eddie and her other previous relationships.

It'll probably be awhile, but I don't think we've seen the last of CSI.

15. Happy Grissom

Catherine wouldn't be the right woman for a geek like Grissom. I highly doubt Grissom can take her drama queen's antics at all. As for Catherine, can you really see her sitting there listening to Grissom reciting Paradise Lost or Amores? Oh, not likely. She'd want to drag him to a bar and drink and dance the two-steps. Can you see Grissom doing that kind of stuff?

As for Lady Heather. She is one unique character out of any TV shows. Still, I just don't buy she 'knows' Grissom. She's observant; she has to be in the line of work she does. She has developed this technique to use few words and say even less. Whatever she utters to Grissom can easily be said to LV mayor. Or Sheriff. She gets a gold star for being able to glean information out of her clients and play back to them and able to make them feel she 'knows' them! With a bit of training, I am sure Zuiker could have turned her into something like Sylvia Brown type of personality.

Now talking about Grissom's famous quote of 'Sex without love makes one sad.' I do think this came out of the night he spent with LH in LHB. Of course he did the nasty with her. Why not? Back then he was single plus facing his bleak future over his hearing loss matter, and she was available. But guess their dealing went south due to the warrant thing. Somehow some sort of strange friendship was born. That's why he can come to her rescue whenever she's in trouble. (Now, pardon me. Would this qualify as him playing the daddy role to her? Just saying....) As for LOAR, I am sure LH did share the bed with Grissom. Grissom was in bad shape from dealing with Warrick's murder, the case investigation and Sara's second departure and all the good stuff. He was in need a friend. What did LH do? She basically was trying to put an end to his relationship with Sara by stating most of the relationships ended before they started. (What kind of cookie wisdom is this?) But I think the most telling part came when she asked him if she's his secret! Talking about messing with someone's head! All being said, I simply don't see any love between the two. Sexual attraction? Yes. They acted on it back in S3. That was it. Grissom might think her as a friend, I am not sure what her take on him. Guess as long as she could command his loyalty, all things would be kosher. In the end, LH just couldn't be Grissom's heart. Petersen said it the best: LH is the one closes to Grissom's heart; and Sara is Grissom's heart. So no matter what tricks LH could play, I just don't see Grissom would take her as his life partner.