The Last Movie You Saw - Thread 4

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, May 4, 2010.

1. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Last film I saw was What's Your Number? and I have to admit I only went because I love Chris Evans. And it actually turned out to be pretty funny. My friend and I both laughed through the whole thing, surprisingly. I think it's been widely panned, but I'm not really sure what people were expecting from a romantic comedy if they actually thought it was bad. Weird.

2. BabaOReilly

I saw no movies, but I did watch the new teaser for The Avengers (like apparently a couple million others) and WAHOOO. This movie is going to be the SHIT. No pressure there, Joss Whedon. lol

3. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Last movie I saw was Real Steel. :lol: Hey, it has Hugh Jackman in it, and there were no other movies playing that looked any better. It really wasn't that bad, I actually liked it. The robots were really cool and I really like action-y movies so this one was awesome in that way. *shrug* I could totally see something like this happening in the future too. I think the movie took place in 2020-something.

I'd give it 3.5 out of 5 stars? xD

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I saw You Again awhile back, good movie and a great cast

I give it a 4 out of 5

One thing that still bugs me, Marni kept saying how her brother protected her in high school?!? :wtf: WHEN??? Oh please he never did, if he had he would have known that Joanna was JJ

5. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Insidious, great movie!

6. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

I just saw X-men: First Class that was awesome film ever! I thought it was best than last X-Men film: X-men 3 the last stand was.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Transformers 3 - It was okay. A little too much blah blah blahing in it, but other than that, not too bad.... though not as good as the first two. I heard that
    Sam may not be in the 4th one (maybe due to the actor having so much trouble with drinking and whatnot they decided he may not be reliable enough or something :shrugs: ) and that they are thinking of having Jason Statham be the leading guy in the movie. I wonder if that means Bumble Bee won't be in it, since he's Sam's guardian/car.

Thor- I have to say, I liked this movie a lot better than I thought I would. Although I wasn't crazy with the casting choice for Loki, although the actor did a good job, I just didn't feel he fit the part. I also didn't care for the backstory of Loki. I think originally he might have been Thor's half brother (I don't really remember lol), but in this movie
    he wasn't blood related at all. The "ice monsters" they were fighting, Thor's father said he found baby Loki there on that planet and decided to raise him as his own in an attempt to make peace between the two planets or whatever.

Green Lantern - I liked this one a whole lot more than I thought I would. The special effects were really neat and the storyline was decent.

Next on my watch plan is Captain America.

8. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

I didnt get the chance to catch bad teacher at theatre, so I got the opprounity to rent that movie, man that was hilarious! I couuldn't stop laughing at it. There are few movies I've been wanting to see, if only that theatre at my hometown were to offer the open captioning on the screen that would make my day.

9. BabaOReilly

I watched Puss n' Boots online and I gotta say, it was way funnier than the last couple of Shrek movies for sure. Totally giggled the whole way through. lol

10. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I got my Halloween on today. I watched Scream, Trick r Treat, and Corpse Bride.

11. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

Thor and The Green Lantern. I'd watch both movies again; They're pretty above average to me. I can expect to hear some old British dude narrating on any next comic-based film being made or released. Perhaps, unless it's a Ghost Rider sequel,where it could be a Southwest old dude narrating instead. I truly enjoy Ghost Rider. If the sequel is really being made, hopefully it'd be as good as the original.

12. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I went and saw Tower Heist on Saturday. It was pretty good, it was funny but it also wasn't completely stupid for a funny movie. The ending was sort of different, there was really no romantic plot line or anything (which I liked) and yea, it was good.

I have to say though as much as I love Ben Stiller, this movie wasn't really that funny until Eddie Murphy came into it. There were a few parts at the beginning with Ben Stiller that were kind of funny, but the moment Eddie Murphy appeared it was just hilarious.

13. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

The Towering Inferno - Steve McQueen and Paul Newman. A classic disaster movie, watched it last night.

14. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I saw Immortals last Sunday, it was good. Really gory but I loved the action and everything in it. The 3D was pretty cool too.

I also just got done watching Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides on DVD. I feel like the only person who waited for November for just the DVD and didn't just buy the combo pack. :lol: Awesome as ever, I'll never get tired of these movies.

15. BabaOReilly

Watched the new Twilight movie online this weekend and thank GAWD I didn't pay to watch it! So boring. :p