The Mentalist

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Missing, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Has anyone watched this new show on CBS on Tuesdays? I have watched both episodes so far and I like it. Was wondering if anyone did?

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Yes, I've been watching it. Sort of like Psych, but more serious. Well, at least a bit more serious.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I like it too. The first ep where he was telling that doctor that his brother was doing his chores and cut his leg on a saw and bleed to death or something.... I thought "hey, that happened to Johnny Cash" and then the doctor said the same thing. It made me laugh. :lol:

4. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

I watched some of both eps and I like it. :)

And the lead dude (I can't remember his name Dx) is pretty cute. ;D And it reminds me of Psych, which is really cool since that show is one of my favs. <333

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Simon Baker is the actor in the lead role. I think he's from Austraila or New Zealand. That voice at the end of each ep saying "stay tuned for scenes for our next episode" is him with his normal voice. :)

6. Dynamo1

According to imdb.com, he was born in Launceston, Tasmania, Australia, on July 30, 1969. He starred on The Guardian (2001-2004) and Smith (2006).

7. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Oooh there's a thread for this show! I love it! And I love Simon Baker. :D

8. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I have never really watched Simon in anything but boy that guy really has a spirit about him. He has good looks and a devilish smile. I am glad that this show seems to be doing well and hope it stays on for awhile.

9. Dynamo1

Since he was born in Tasmania, does that make him a Tasmanian devil?

10. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Bumping up.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Has anyone here ever watched The Mentalist?

Here's the CBS Link to find out more about the show.

According to Wikipedia the synopsis is as follows:

The Mentalist is a CBSpolice dramatelevision series which debuted on September 23, 2008 on CBS.[1]
    Golden Globe Award nominee Simon Baker stars as Patrick Jane, an independent consultant with the California Bureau of Investigation (CBI), who has a remarkable track record for solving serious crimes by using his razor sharp skills of observation.

It stars Simon Baker who was in the Devil Wears Prada and Robin Tunney who as I recall was in a a movie called The Craft from 1995 or 1996.

So I thought I'd start a link. So far the ratings of this show have been quite good as it has averaged 15.6 Million viewers a week (according to Wiki).

I's sorry..I didn't mean to start one without checking..I need new glasses..

Dynamo..you're a scream! You know that aren't you! You must be a comedian during the day.

12. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Did anyone watch last nights episode? I had to watch it online but I LOVED it! The ending was awesome with the psychic telling Patrick what his wife told her. Aaw it was sad, but a good ending.

13. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I love this show! I'm not surprised that it's the "Most Watched New Series", had a feeling it would do exceptionally well, from the very first episode (plus it has a very solid lead-in, with NCIS). :thumbsup: I think Simon Baker does an incredible job as Patrick Jane, he never misses a beat! It has a wonderful blend of comedy and serious. (And the end of this week's episode... *sniff*... :( What the "other" psychic tells Patrick. Perfectly played, without being maudlin.) My Tuesday night TV viewing rocks: NCIS, followed by The Mentalist, and after that I watch Fringe, which I dvr during The Mentalist! ;) What a line-up!

ETA: Has anyone seen this coming week's TV Guide? Gorgeous pic of Simon Baker on the cover, and nice article inside!

14. Missing

Missing Pathologist

I almost missed the episode last night, I don't know why they decided to air after a football game on Sunday night. It would have made sense if it was after the Super Bowl. Anyway as usual it was a good episode. Is CBS trying to kill its hit show?

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Well I DID miss it because the DVR started with over 4 minutes left in the game, which of course turned into 34 minutes before the show actually started! :scream:

I think they're trying to get more people to see it, but that's kind of silly since they keep saying it's the number one new drama. There was another time they aired a new episode on a Friday night. I think if they're going to mess around with the air date, at least show a rerun on those weird nights.