Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo Thread #17

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by sharp52092, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Szmile!

Szmile! Dead on Arrival

I've done a bit of googling, and it seems that Norwegians used two surnames, one based on their father's first name (ie a son of Ole = Olesson) and the other based on the name of the farm on which they lived. When the Norwegians came to America they had to conform to the American use of only one surname. They could choose whether to keep their "patronymic" name or their farm name. I've also discovered that there is a place in Norway called Hojem - so perhaps that's the "farm" where Greg's maternal grandparents originally came from (or rather, were booted out of!), and they chose to retain that part of their surname.

For more information about Norwegian surnames, this is a really good website.

2. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Well your middle name could be the same as your mother's middle name, people's way of keeping the name in the family, so unless they confirm it's something else in the show I'll just say it's Hojem :lol:

25 hours to GO!! YAY!

ETA: Your link isn't working Szmile

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The same book that said that Det. Vartann's first name was Tony? They never said it on the show until they named him Lou lol.

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I own that book and it's not all correct.

Szmile, you rock! Great info!

FYI, I am sure that "Genetic Disorder" is the episode that was being filmed when Eric was doing the twitter stuff. I recognized what he was wearing in the preview clips in the lab. :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  5. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Gah! And all I had to do was to wake up and come online to find this much info. All done while I had a good nights sleep (with weird dreams...i think there was Greg somewhere between phones and laptops:lol:).

Now I need to see spoiler thread. And pics thread. And videos I will not be able to view 1.because I'm on phone which isn't Android or iPhone etc. 2.because I'm also in the wrong geographical region...

But I was finally able to view the clips of Eric showing around and (despite the weird screen/picture stretch/compression) enjoyed.
    Laughed at Elizabeth in drawer eating banana:guffaw:

And now I got another episode to add up my list:D

I wish the library would be open. Or my friend remember about me on weekend. Or a laptop will fall from above(sky?) into my arms.... Never will happen but I need to at least dream.

And I so miss Greg (i'm also his fan, despite my icon). Since they finished last season and put NY instead of repeating some earlier Vegas seasons.

They easily could've rerun some like first ones. Those were good episodes with funny Greg and stuff... *sigh*

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Lumières de Noël, some of the videos you might be able to view. The ones vegaslights posted you should be able to view on YouTube.

I can't wait for tonight's episode. :D

7. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

This is really interesting stuff Szmile, :)! I wonder if Greg will bring some of that up in the episode :).

I've actually never really read the book :lol: I've mostly been following what's on onscreen. it sounds like it might be worth checking out though just for the heck of it, even if the info's not all accurate.

I believe you're right Dizzney, about those videos being a part of "Genetic Disorder", I'm so excited :D!

8. Szmile!

Szmile! Dead on Arrival

Drat! Sorry. Try this.

If he does, I hope you'll forgive me if I feel incredibly smug ;)

9. sharp52092

Works now, thanks :)

:lol: I'll forgive you

10. Szmile!

Szmile! Dead on Arrival

I've just seen the clip of Greg getting mad. Holy cow. He really lost it! Anyone else get just a little bit turned on by it? ;)

Seriously, it was wonderful to see him acting out his anger instead of internalising it and expressing it through his eyes only - although Eric's wonderful at eye-acting ;). I love seeing him show the more overt rage aspect of his acting repertoire. It must be hard for Greg to sit on his emotions most of the time with all the things he's seen and experienced - a blow-up was just about due!

Boy would I have loved to have been the actress who played the woman he got mad at :D

ETA:
    Ooh ooh ooh I just watched the clip on youtube of the Genetic Disorder ep. If I understand it correctly it seems that the great-uncle used Hojem as the second of his two surnames - which usually is the farm name. Possibly lending weight to my theory that the Hojems come from Hojem!

ETA x 2
    Now that's interesting, his father's family were Norwegian too. I remember somewhere a discussion that Sanders was a Dutch name, leading to the belief that he was also part-Dutch. Interesting that two people of Norwegian descent met in California and fell in love. Odd that he's never mentioned his father's family were Norwegian too. I never subscribed to the theory that he fell out with his father, but perhaps that's true, since he only claims his Norwegian-ness on his mother's side.

ETA x 3
    Drat! He just said the Hojems were from Oslo. Oh curses. Love his Norwegian pronounciations though ;)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  11. sharp52092

Well, maybe a little :lol:;)

Yes very nice to see some emotions :) especially really expressing it like in CSI Down, and yeah after going through and seeing all the things he seen a blow up may have been loooong overdue

I would have love to have been her too, though I'm not sure how good a job I'd do since all I'll do is stare at him ;)

12. Szmile!

Szmile! Dead on Arrival

Stare at him? I'd have pounced on him :devil:

13. sharp52092

Much better idea :lol:;)

14. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Wow interesting things about the Norwegian names. Actually I've almost never caught any of Greg's mentions of his family and Norwegian ancestry (apart the one sentence I got on the vid from YT which I have downloaded).
    I guess I am the one who stares at him rather than concentrates on the episode.

---

Oh if I were that actress/character I'd stare at first and then just jump on him:lol:

15. sharp52092

It can be hard at times to concentrate :lol:

Well I guess you do need to look or in this case stare before you jump :lol::devil: