The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by MacsGirlMel, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Re: The "I Need Fanfic Help" Thread

You can just open a new thread in Fan Fiction and post it there. :) But like GNRFan said, you might want to read the welcome and help threads before posting, just to get an idea of how to do it properly.

2. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Ah right thanks Smokey

3. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

4. csi681

csi681 Hit and Run

Hi my name is Madeline. Im looking for a story i read a while back on fanfiction.net. It was a calleigh eric story called Because We're Family. Its not on fanfiction anymore. I was just wondering if anyone knew the author so i can ask them to send it to me or if it is posted anywhere else. The story is about calleigh having a long lost daughter and the daughter falls for Horatios son.

5. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

I realise this is not exactly the right thread for this, but think it might reach the right people! Has anyone managed to contact fanfiction.net recently? I've been trying to get them to a) change my e-mail address and b) add a new character to the CSI Miami list. (a) is not very important, but I'd like b) to happen!) No reply. Nada! So if I want to publish this story, I'm going to have to do it without saying who the main character is. (Renee Locklear, since you ask.) Just wondered if anyone else if having trouble...

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Have you gotten help from them before? Over the past few years I've sent them several messages about different things. I think only one time did I ever get a response, and none of the things I ever contacted them about were ever taken care of. Weird.

7. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

No, I've never had a reply. It's a useful site for publishing things, but they don't seem to respond to their members. (I've put 'Renee' up anyway.)

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

This may not be the right place for this question but I'll ask it.

I kinda have a story idea where one of the characters from NY gets into a car accident and doesn't show up for work.

I'm thinking this accident happens in New Jersey. No, the character from NY won't die.

How long until Mac or Jo start to worry when that employee doesn't show? Noon? A whole day?

I remember an episode where Flack went AWOL but it's kinda different because they knew something was wrong when another detective was doing the interviews.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, that would depend on whether or not that team member was supposed to be on work and if they are usually at work on time. If they were always on time before and they were supposed to be at work when they went missing, then I'd say Mac and Jo would probably start to worry pretty much right away after trying to call the member at home and on their cell and not getting an answer.

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah, if they always get to work when they do. I was thinking maybe the gang is at the crime scene and Adam is the one who doesn't show up for work. It's just an idea so I haven't even written the whole thing yet.

11. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Need a bit of help with a fanfic about H as he is now, i.e. season 10. I think he needs to speak to Yelina. My question - do we know where she is now, or anything about what she's doing? And how long since he's contacted her, do you think? And how much does she know about Kyle? And about Marisol? (I realise I could sit and watch the last few seasons, but hoping not to, being more in a writing mood than a watching one.) Thanks in advance.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Last I remember seeing Yelina was when she went undercover during that case where people were putting drugs in models' dresses or something. It's been several seasons. So, she was in Miami last I saw her, I think working as a Private Investigator. As for how much she knows about Kyle, I don't know that. I guess you could just write that part however you wanted.

13. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Um...
    I've sent some things to them but never received any acknowledge about that.
    I wonder why. And I haven't tried anymore. I think they just ignore. Although some things have changed (PMing from mobile, mobile version itself etc.). Small but useful things. And I think they've once (at least, or I'm just imagining) mentioned they did that and that as of some requests. Maybe they just reads emails but don't reply and when there're many for one subject they make additions.
    But that's just my opinion.

Well I think Mac and Jo would get worried pretty soon.
    I remember certain*cough*characters*cough* not paying attention to certain*cough*missing*cough*CSI*cough* for whole 12 hours.

So my guess would be that NY's team notices their coworkers being missing.

Though it still depends on character and its working hours.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  14. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

Hey, I'm looking for a Speed/Calleigh story from 2003 that had Horatio,Megan,Eric and Alexx in it as well. IIRC, It had been set at Speed and Calleigh's place.

15. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

First, sorry if this has been asked before... Who is Horatio's direct superior? Is it a police officer or someone in local government? By that, I mean, who might actually have the power to fire him, or force his retirement? (Just an idea I'm working on...) I believe we may not know the answer to this, but if anyone can come up with a credible scenario, I'd be grateful.