Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #14

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Dizzney, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

I cringe at the thought of CSI without Greg. Hopefully this pattern of decreasing screen time will be put to an end soon... :scream:

2. LasVegasCSI

LasVegasCSI Witness

so do I Star_Gazer, so do I.

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well new spoilers and spoiler pics have come out and once again no mention of Greg or any pics with him. I'm just getting a bad feeling about the rest of this season. I mean even Hodges gets an episode each season lately but not Greg.

4. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

This is really sad! Greg deserves more time... He has been there since the beginning. I really don't see how Sara's return should alter the amount of screen time he gets. I guess that's just the way things work out sometimes... :( I pray he gets more time during the rest of the season. :scream:

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

In a word: boring. :lol:

It started off fairly decent in terms of his screentime. There was that fantastic episode "Appendicitment". But lately, it's been way too little Greg. Maybe once the Jekyll storyline is resolved we'll see more Greggo. :)

6. Dizzney

But more than likely that will not be resolved until the season finale. Personally that storyline just has not grasped me as much as the miniatures ones did.

And the show (episodes) are boring when he is hardly in it. I seriously need more Greg on my CSI!

7. LionsHeart

LionsHeart Lab Technician

I'm still trying to be positive about the screentime. It might just be that Eric has asked for some time off or that the writers just wanted to put him on backround for a couple of episodes. Though I have to admit, every time Archie comes to screen I feel relieved, because that means Greg won't be stuck in the A/V lab.
    Me neither. I know it should be exciting, but I just can't concentrate on those scenes. My mind always keeps wandering from Greg to what fanfictions I'm curently reading to what I need from the store. :lol: Practicly to anything except that Jekyll case.

8. Dizzney

Well I hope he is on more in the coming eps too and this was just a temporary thing but if the next new ep, which is in a couple weeks, is like the last two, my hope will be dwindling.

9. LasVegasCSI

LasVegasCSI Witness

why bring Sara back though? She left CSI. I hope Greg appears more. He deserves a big story line :)

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, the minature storyline was kind of intriguing and exciting until the killer was revealed. But the Jekyll storyline is just boring to me. :lol:

The next ep of the show has to have Greg in there somewhere. The title indicates that he needs to be there to make some kind of sarcastic/hilarious trademark Greg comment. :lol: Anyone know who wrote the ep airing on April Fool's Day?

11. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

CSI without Greg? Definitely the last time I'll watch it. In fact I only ever watched it because of him.

12. LasVegasCSI

LasVegasCSI Witness

I think Eric's character makes the show more enjoyable. Watching previous seasons really do back up that statement. Keep him I say!! Don't get shot of him - no pun intended there btw

13. LasVegasCSI

LasVegasCSI Witness

might be off topic, but have you seen Eric's house?? it is amazing!!

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I found this great interview with Eric that I want to share. From FemaleFirst.com

Eric Szmanda Talks CSI

Today 15:00
    Eric Szmanda is probably best known for playing CSI : Crime Scene Investigation’s gorgeous geek Greg Sanders, so with season nine of the hit US show available to buy now, I caught up with him for a little chat.

Hi Eric, it’s a pleasure talking to you, thanks for taking the time out to speak to FemaleFirst, how are you?

Doing well, thanks for asking. Sitting in my trailer waiting to begin a full day of shooting in a storm drain.

The new season of CSI : Crime Scene Investigation has just been released on DVD here in the UK, what’s it like having nine series under your belt?

What a long, strange trip it’s been. I know it won’t last forever, so I try to enjoy every moment. Not many shows make it this far, so I feel very fortunate to be part of it.

You’ve been in the show since 2000, what’s kept you there for so long? It is obviously a huge commitment…

It’s a great show to work on, thanks to an amazing crew, cast and writing staff... If I wasn’t enjoying myself, I wouldn’t be doing it. Plus, my character’s gradual evolution from lab tech to CSI level three has kept me interested and challenged on a creative level.

How has the mood been on set with the change of lead character from William Peterson to Laurence Fishburne?

The mood on the set is very good. We are still having fun. We’ve been through a great deal of changes over the last couple seasons, as any show would after 9 years, but we have a job to do and owe it to our fans to give it our all to the very end. Of course, we miss Billy tremendously. When he left, I realized I was on my own, as if my training wheels were taken off my bike.

It was kinda scary at first, but I’m getting more used to it every day. It has taken a long time to adjust to his absence, but I feel like we are finally back on track. While no one will ever replace Billy, Laurence has been a great addition to the cast. He is gracious, kind, funny and professional – which is exactly what we need. And having Jorja Fox back has been awesome.

There’s also a new addition in the form of Riley Adams, played by Lauren Lee Smith. I’m sensing a bit of a love interest between her character and yours, is that something we can be looking forward to seeing?

Greg is immediately drawn to Riley’s boldness and professionalism. And since she is new and hasn’t shot him down yet, he figures he’s got a chance with her.

Aside from romancing his co-workers, what path would you like to see Greg go down in coming seasons?

I’d like to see Greg step into more of an authoritative role. I think Greg would make a great boss to someone… anyone.

What has been your favourite episode to date?

Who Shot Sherlock will always be my favorite episode. Not only does Greg pass his proficiency test, but he really proves himself as a competent CSI. Plus, the episode is shot beautifully and has a style reminiscent of Clue, which happens to be one of my favorite board games.

Have you got a particular favourite scene from the past nine seasons of CSI?

One of my favorite scenes is from Lady Heather’s Box. It takes place in the autopsy room while Grissom rinses the sand off the dead body of a beautiful young woman found in a park. A song by one of my favorite bands, Sigur Ros, plays perfectly as the water reveals bruises all over her skin. The scene is poetic, sad and intimate.

Now, you’re our favourite character in the CSI Vegas series, but if you were watching the show, who do you think you’d like best?

We are an ensemble. I can’t single out one character I like best. You’ll get me in trouble!

From watching all three seasons, I was just wondering if you thought Greg, Danny (NY) and Ryan (Miami)‘s characters were all separated at birth?

There is an undeniable similarity between Greg and Ryan, and I don’t think that’s a coincidence. I can assure you its not genetic.

To move away from CSI for a second, you have appeared in Marilyn Manson's music video for (s)AINT, as the music journalist here, I was just wondering what made you get involved in one of his videos? As a MM fan, I’m going to keep my eyes peeled next time he pops up on MTV!

Manson and I have been friends for several years. He asked me to be in his video and I said yes. All I can say is it was one of the craziest shoots I’ve ever done and it was refreshing to do something way different than CSI.

You support the US campaign for Burma and even travelled over Thailand to see the refuges that have fled the country, what sparked your interest in that particular cause?

A good friend of mine showed me the trailer for a documentary she produced about Aung San Suu Kyi, Burma’s Democratic leader who has been imprisoned by the military junta for 15 of the last 20 years. I was so moved and outraged by what I learned I offered to help however I could.

She introduced me to human rights activist Jack Healy and Jeremy Woodrum from the US Campaign for Burma who invited me to visit the refugee camps in Thailand. I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to see what few get to witness and share my experience with people back home.

Did you see the film Burma VJ, which highlighted the problem over there?

I have only seen the trailer for Burma VJ, but am very interested to see the film. It looks amazing and I am happy it received an Oscar nomination.

Finally, what else do you have coming up in the near future for all of us Eric Szmanda fans out there?

Currently, I am developing a couple TV series, a screenplay and a rock opera. Also I am the executive director of a digital radio station in the US called erockster, which I run with one of my best friends. We have a production company as well, which up to now has specialized in creating web content. Hopefully I’ll do a movie or a play this hiatus. If not, you can probably find me wandering through the Tate Modern over the summer.
    FemaleFirst - Ruth Harrison

15. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

That's really interesting, thanks for posting Wojo! He's developing a couple of tv series? Oooh I have check it out! I also loved the comment about him, danny and ryan being seperated by birth! Ha! I always wondered that! It's funny that he noticed the same thing. :guffaw:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.