Season 8 Spoiler Discussion #2 - Spoiler Scene: Do Not Cross

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grindigo

Grindigo Dead on Arrival

Loving the group photo atm. :')

2. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Great group shot. Wish I had one of those scripts. I can never afford to bid on that kind of stuff online. Would be great to have.

3. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I just watched this clip ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQrTA6_5z_w&feature=player_embedded ) from vegaslights, and while I love how Mac and Christine interact, I am absolutely livid that they actually decided to call Christine's brother, 'Stan'. I can't come up with a strong enough adjective for 'sloppy' to describe it. First off, if this is simply an oversight and coincidence....for god's sake watch your own show every once in a while! And considering how much Cpl Stan Whitney's death affected Mac when he was a young Lieutenant, and how they made a point of emphasizing that in COTP and how many times they flashbacked to it, why on earth would they choose to call her brother Stan?! I could possibly see if they had made THE proper Stan Whitney, another of Christine's older brothers, I could bought it. But it being the brother who was partners with Mac and went to academy with him? No. Like I said, the correct adjectives to describe the whole thing entirely escape me. They've made continuity errors before and typically I just roll my eyes and sigh, but this..... no. This is too much. :brickwall::brickwall:

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I just hope she has another brother named Stan or some posters will be :brickwall:

There is a San Diego Chargers Wide Receiver named Malcolm Floyd and his brother's name is, Malcolm.

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

From the DL obsessed E!:

They finally admit that they cater to a small but vocal segment of the fandom. :rolleyes:

And Lucy is what, 3? Where the hell else would she be other than at home or daycare? Unless they age her and she's getting married or joining the military before the season is over I don't think it's a burning question as to "where Lucy is." I can think of 100 things I'd rather know before the potential series end without even trying. :rolleyes: :wtf: :scream:

ETA: As for the continuity fail with the name of Mac's old partner, they're probably lazy because most viewers will not remember that Mac's marine buddy had the same name. It's only the small segment of viewers who are dedicated enough to the show to post on message boards and who are big Mac fans who would remember the name. I didn't remember the name, TBH. That's not an excuse for sloppiness, but it could be the explanation.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  6. stormymac

stormymac Hit and Run

Speaking of Lucy and character names, it still bothers me that TPTB gave Danny's daughter the same name as the woman who killed Ruben (albeit accidentally). That may sound stupid but it does.

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I don't know how many fans actually thought about that situation with the name of Lucy. I for one never even thought of that until someone brought it up.

8. PerfectAnomaly

It still bugs me, too, but then it also still bugs me that the whole Ruben storyline was reduced to just a "bump in the road" for DL.

9. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

the class of 04 shrinks and shrinks.it would be great if ny not only outlive the desperates and house,but also make the heads up between the last 2 dramas (grey) competitive and thrilling.for the record im a fan of both shows.

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

So much for closure.

11. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Aw come on.... This is what I was thinking... he sees her and thinks she's really alive and Don and Jo have to tell him she's really dead. They aren't going to piss off the families of those attacks. No way..

I'm happy for this..

12. PerfectAnomaly

If Mac's gonna be hanging between life and death I'm sure it'll be something cheesy like him telling Claire he wants to stay and be with her and Claire telling him he has to go back to his life. I really don't like episodes where they do crap like that. :rolleyes:

13. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I hadn't thought of that part but then I guess you have seen more shows that do that, than I have. :)

I was hoping for Jamie to come back for the final episode.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Similar to what happened with Horatio and Marisol in this season premier :rolleyes:.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, the spoilers for the finale suggest he'll 'see' her when he's in limbo, so I'm not at all surprised by this announcement. (Previous finale info here and here.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.