Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's a good question. I'm not exactly sure what it means. Unless it just means that if he's on the scene with another CSI who isn't supervisor or given the title of Lead CSI, that he's the boss at that particular time. :lol:

Just another thing to throw out here: If Grissom does happen to return this season, who wants to bet that when Hodges sees him he gives Grissom a hug? :lol: That would be funny to see Grissom's reaction to that. :lol:

2. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Remember in "Leaving Las Vegas" when Nick hugged him.

"I'm only going to be gone for four weeks. Stop hugging me!":guffaw:

I can picture something like that.

3. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

I really don't think they meant the team is LITERALLY treating Greg like a labrat. I think they just meant (and used the wrong word, obviously) that Greg still isn't seen as a pro. Even to the watchers of the show, Greg will always be the former labrat. And we only saw him for a day a week, for a couple years! To them, who were working with him for years every day, it must've been a big shock for him to leave the lab. So they still think of him as the newbie/less experienced member of the team.

And yes, they do still treat him like that. Or at least, that's the way they PORTRAY it on the show. Like, with the amount of screen time/who's the primary/etc they show. I've never felt that Greg was comfortable being a part of the team. It's sort of like Amita from Numb3rs doing her PhD at the university and then right away becoming a professor. The other professors had a hard time seeing her as anything but the grad student. Most people teach somewhere else for a couple years first, get experience, and then when they come back they seem different to the people they once knew.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Here's another slant from "spoiler" land in the new TV Guide, about the 1st episode, and some comments from Naren Shankar~

FAMILY AFFAIR

5. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Okay. After reading the comment about Greg again, the words that jumped out at me were "start out". I'm interpreting this to mean that when Greg started at the lab as a technician, he was bossed around. I mean, look how the CSIs treat the rats. They're constantly ordering them around, demanding their results, yada yada yada. Even though they get paid more, the rats are basically helping the CSIs. Or at least that's how the CSIs see it. I don't think "assistant" means an actual assistant. More along the lines of "assisting".

Does that make sense?

6. col1990

col1990 Victim

I haven't heard anything more about the season long serial killer arc, I wonder if they are still going to continue with that idea.

If they do continue I hope it doesn't exactly follow the format of the miniature killer and that they do something original and creative.

7. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I think it's just a stigma that was placed on Greg. Were he did start out in the lab, but eventually moved to the field. Like certain actors getting type-cast to certain roles so to speak. I know when I watch him in a CSI role, I still think back to his wild lab days.:lol: Maybe the others do as well... from time to time.

And even though he's not my number one fave, I would really like to see him take on a more responsible role this season...if anyone deserves it, he does.

As for him working sole cases...none really come to mind at the moment, and the ones that do, Grissom wasn't to far away so he wasn't completely on his own. Not like Nick, Cath, Warrick, and Sara.

Perhaps it's just me, but I'd love to see something in regard to the government and Area 51 etc. They kinda touched on it in viva las vegas, in season 5, little hints here and there after, but nothing really since. But then, that's just me thinking out loud. There are possibilities.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Here's a little quiz on why fans think Sara is returning, to CSI, + results, it's all in fun:thumbsup:

POLL

9. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I just watched ET, and it looks like CBS's returning line up is going to be on starting Monday! Laurence, Marg, George, and Eric were on the couch with the host singing the Entertainment Tonight theme song. It was pretty funny! The other shows included were How I Met Your Mother, NCIS, Ghost Whisperer and The New Advntures of Old Christine!

I've been looking for a link to the website but I can't seem to find one.\

Wasn't sure if this was spoiler related, but I'm asuming that they will be discussing something spoiler-y!

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Is this a spoiler? Or just a PSA for your favourite character, DW?:wtf:

11. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Yeah, I think I'd seen that before in the old thread....

12. Ankeila

Ankeila Rookie

Anyway, Eric also said in an interview that Greg is going to demand some respect and seek to be treated as an equal this season. So, I just hope it goes well.

There was another promo on CTV, but so far this is the only video I could find of it..

13. lal

lal Pathologist

it looks like the first episode is going to be really exciting ,can't wait to see it :)

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Hmm... Sara walks in and Cath is there and Sara asks "Is this a bad time?" Could that possibly be when Greg is talking to Cath about feeling like he's not an equal or whatever?

15. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

And the spoiler is...................?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.