'Miami' Plans A Blast From The Past

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jul 7, 2009.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

The season premiere of <I>CSI: Miami</I>'s eighth season will look at the team's early days.<p>At the end of the season seven finale, <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/episodes/miami/season7/seeing_red.shtml">"Seeing Red"</a>, Eric Delko (<font color=yellow>Adam Rodriguez</font>) was injured and missing. <A class="link" HREF="http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/">Ausiello</a> reports that the season premiere will be told from Eric's point of view while he remains comatose. The episode will flash back to Delko's first murder case with the <I>Miami</I> team in 1997.<p>A previous edition of Ausiello's column spoke to former <I>Miami</I> actor <font color=yellow>Rory Cochrane</font> (Tim Speedle) about possibly returning to the show. "I can't really talk about it," the actor said. "They talked to me about something that I cannot get into details about... I did come back once as a figment of Delko's imagination, but I am pretty sure that is it for me on that show. I told them not to kill me but they didn't take my advice." There is no confirmation about whether Cochrane will appear in the season eight premiere.<P>The original information about the season eight premiere is from <A class="link" HREF="http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/07/exclusive-csi-miami-flashes-back-to-97.html">here</a>, and the quote from Rory Cochrane is also from <A class="link" HREF="http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/ask-ausiello-spoilers-on-ugly-betty-house-scrubs-and-more.html">Ausiello</a>.<center></center>

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I took a glance at the spoilers that came out today, and it looks like Speedle will be there. I need to write a spoiler report soon. :)

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I hope Rory does come back for the episode. It would be odd to have Eric's first case without Speed there. Unless he conveniently happened to be on vacation. Plus, at this rate, his presence may be the only reason I watch :rolleyes:

4. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Wow, if Rory's in this episode, that would be awesome. Way better way of having him on the show than in a hallucination. Well, I'm happy that this means they find him....well, maybe...o.o

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Sweet!!! :D That's awesome news. :D

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I'll give another awesome news :D

both Khandi Alexander and Rory Cochrane are back in the show for this episode. Speed will be just part of the 1997 part while Alexx will be part of both storylines :D

7. koshi700

koshi700 Dead on Arrival

Is it just me or does this sound very familiar??? Couldn't the writers come up with something a bit more original? Not that I don't want to see Rory again but this rehash of story ideas is boring.

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

If it weren't for the Delko coma garbage (drama + E/C = *puke*) then the epi may not seem so bad at all, but we've been through this one too many times now, & all in a matter of just a few seasons. It's past old now.

9. calleighfan06

calleighfan06 Dead on Arrival

i cant wait until Sept 21st. I like the concept, its different since the show wasnt around in 97, its going to be different we might even see some new faces. I wonder if Eric will have his hair back? lol.

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well except for Delko's stuff nowdays :)rolleyes:), to me, this one of the most original episode written for Miami. Though, I wouldn't have used it as a season premiere :lol:

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, the first case thing was just done recently on CSI Vegas with Catherine. Well, it was her first solo case, but it was done differently. She wasn't hurt and thinking back on it. She just had to look into the evidence again. But I do think parts are original for any CSI show anyway. though I have seen "flashbacks" of characters when they were younger in other shows. :lol: but yeah, I definitely wouldn't have used it for a season premiere. Season finale? Maybe... but it would probably be better as a sweeps ep. :lol: Right before Christmas. Then they could do that It's a Wonderful Life thing. :lol:

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well that's why said "written for Miami" :p

Seriously, I have seen lots of flashback from characters on an enourmous amount of TV, but I have never seen the entire team as part of a flashback which is almost the entire episode. Imean look we have part of the episode which set nowdays and most of it which is set in 1997 and TPTB were able to get everyone there!!! This, to me, is just amazing and quite rare.

Well I don't know when I would have used it, all I know is that a season premiere is some sort of intruduction of the show, especially for people who don't usually watch it. What can people think about this time-machine oplĂ  oh well mess? :wtf::lol:

13. Wolfe:D

Wolfe:D Victim

there are 4 things i am praying for in the season8 primere.
    1.ryan is in the episode
    2.alexx is in the episode
    3.speed is somewhere in the episode
    4.ERIC IS ALIVE!!!!!!!
    (thank you and have a good day.)
    --

14. Wolfe:D

Wolfe:D Victim

Well, the first case thing was just done recently on CSI Vegas with Catherine. Well, it was her first solo case, but it was done differently. She wasn't hurt and thinking back on it. She just had to look into the evidence again. But I do think parts are original for any CSI show anyway. though I have seen "flashbacks" of characters when they were younger in other shows. :lol: but yeah, I definitely wouldn't have used it for a season premiere. Season finale? Maybe... but it would probably be better as a sweeps ep. :lol: Right before Christmas. Then they could do that It's a Wonderful Life thing. :lol:[/QUOTE]
    i agree! it would be awesome yo have something like that on csi. id definatly watch it.