CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I have it from a pretty reliable source that Carmine is not leaving. Since I can't say where I got the info from (board rules as far as I understand) I know that sounds weak and I totally understand if people are sceptical, but for me Danny is off the death list aswell.

The list is getting quite short now!

2. Miss Doolittle

Miss Doolittle Dead on Arrival

Thank you! Danny's not leaving!

Maybe no one will leave. Maybe the producers just wanted to hire a new CSI and had to get rid of Angell because the budget is limited. :(

I agree with eyewitness and I'm kind of worried about this new female character already because I think Stella is too much powerful female character. Don't get me wrong. I love Stella.

I think all five male characters have their own personalities, whereas female characters are a little bit tricky in my opinion. Stella has all the virtues of a TV heroin. Lindsay has her country girl image and that is the only thing Stella doesn't have.

If Lindsay doesn't go and the producers want to make newbie's character all sexy confident and savvy, I think that would be weird because Stella already has all of them and make new character boring. Stella even has the mother figure and Lindsay is a new mother now which makes her character a bit boring already. And if they want to make her the girl next door then it also would coincide with Lindsay's character.

It's just my idea, and I'm totally rambling and english and I have never been good friends. I'm just curious about the newbie's character! :)

3. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

I kind of get what your saying i mean this is my opion not stepping on anyones toes (looks at her feet to check).

CSI NY is a very man cast and the two girls kind of fill the gap stella is the strong, sexy, say's what she thinks and the few bits to her that she doesn't have i think lindsay has (the cute country girl act).
    I don't get where the newbie is gonna fit i think it will be hard for her to shine an let us see her (i love stella) but this is the stella and Mac show we see more of stella she over powers lindsay so how can two shine past stella???

This cliffy is doing nothing for my D/L obsession need spoilers? :( hope nobody leaves and angel just had to go to pay for the new csi???
    Maybe flack (<-loves) is enough, all the other shows just have 1 cop right?

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Did they actually cast this girl? Where did you read that?

5. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I think Jennifer Cooper is the name of the person in charge of casting for CSI:NY, not the name of an actress but I coud be wrong.

6. Top41

Ah, yeah, that makes sense. It sounds like they've just started the search, so it could be a couple of weeks before they cast the role.

7. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Check on post 270 I didn't say it's done but it seems she made a try, because her name is on the front of the document;

8. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

9. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

^^ like I said above I am pretty sure Jennifer Cooper is the name of the casting director for CSI:NY not the name of an actor

10. under_cover

under_cover Hit and Run

Poppet was right. Jennifer Cooper is CSI NY's Casting Associate. She's done some casting job for some TV series as well. (thanks to IMDB) =)

11. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I think while Stella and Lindsay both fill the "woman" role, there is still room for more girls in a somewhat predominantly male cast.....and still make the girl very unique......like Abby Sciuto from NCIS, she's got the whole quirky bubbly personality yet she is a goth, or even Ziva David who is a Mossad officer/liason who is serious yet can be quite funny when she messes up idioms....

the writers will just have to give this new girl some unique personality quirk....and since the character is suppose to be quite younger than most of the main cast....I think it should not be hard to make her different...

12. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Ugh. I'm cringing again at the thought of this Kaye Sullivan character. The fact that they're having the tryout actresses read scenes from characters already on the show makes me feel like this is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Testing the range of the actresses that are trying out for the part is nice, but I find it ...interesting...that they're not looking for someone who can bring to life a fully realized, scripted-on-the-page Kaye Sullivan. Instead they're looking for actresses who are able to pull off a minimum range of things people might expect to see from any CSI on the show. With whatever standard of believability.

...Why am I feeling that this is also how Anna Belknap got the part of Lindsay Monroe?

13. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

yh i agree with you there she just never really fit in woth the rest of them while they are all close knit tight family like group even the newer ones like adam and sid and angell. lindsay isnt really in that.

and i hope they don't just cast some a lister no good actress

14. Top41

I think the problem is that they haven't written the scripts that reflect who Kaye Sullivan is yet. Those will come, but they don't yet have the sides that would test the actress's range. And they need to make sure they don't get another Belknap--someone who can do okay with the lighter stuff and the forensics stuff, but who constantly flubs the more emotional scenes.

It very well could be, though it's possible it wasn't as extensive an audition. They've got their bases pretty well covered with the three scenes there.

15. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

But if they cast someone for the part without actually defining what that part is, I really think they're going to end up with the same disconnect between actress and character that some see between Belknap and Lindsay. They shouldn't just be looking for someone who will be able to comfortably fit into the (possibly constricting) role of the character, once they flesh out who that character is. They should be looking for someone who, when they find her, can play the part so that viewers will literally not be able to picture anyone else as Kaye Sullivan.

The fact that they're not seems to me like they're basically repeating the mistakes they may have made with Lindsay/Belknap, and sticking the actresses with a raw deal. Especially considering the emotional scene. I personally think Belknap pulled that off well. It's easy to play "angry-emotional", what if they one day need Kaye Sullivan to be happy-emotional? Or breaking-down emotional? What if she's able to be sassy and confident, but can't be cute and bubbly (like her character is apparently supposed to be)?

ETA:
    I agree Lindsay seems a little distant from the family. But Angell? I didn't realize they even viewed her as a part until the episode where she died. Certainly didn't know she'd even met Sid until Flack said she was apparently a huge fan of his (and I'm flummoxed by that - as far as I know, Flack hasn't even met Sid until that episode where someone broke into the coroner's office. When would Angell have gotten the chance?). And has she ever met Adam?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.